Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So its official, its all about single play now then?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    I guess I should tell the families I know who have hot tubs that they're doing it wrong. They should only have those if they don't have kids :/

Your not understanding what I mean by family play and I stand by what I said about hanging out in a hot tub not being what I class as family time. I don't have a single neighbor nor do I know or have I ever known anyone who owns a hot tub.

I wasn't responding to you.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    PandaORose wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Kids can go in the hot tub. They threw us that bone at least.

My irritation is that the hot tub is considered a "group activity". They're just going to sit it in and chat endlessly. TS4 needs another location for chatting like it needs a hole in its head. I want my sims to DO things together. Not just chat here then move over there and chat some more.

My exact thoughts. I don't need another place for them to sit and yak, and omg, think how 'they might' move around in the hot tub like they play musical chairs. And what about kids (for those group talks) getting into the tub when you had planned a woohoo for the couple. Good Grief I expect to hear the griping next week.

Thank you King for making this thread, somebody had to say it. And yes this game is only about parties, drinking and woohooing.

They can skinny dip too which means Sims will always interrupt and get embarrassed no doubt like the do with the bathroom.

So, let me get this right then. I can make an Adult skinny dip while my Sim's kids are in the area and or getting in the hot tub? That's something you never want to see, to see your parent naked.

I am already concerned by this as well. Kids in hot tubs? What if there is a woohoo bug between kids? There is already a shocking number of incest bugs as it is...

Well, I already had a TS4 bug where my child's mom and her new husband were woohooing on top of him while he was asleep in their bed. I wouldn't be surprised if this did happen.

:o What?! I would be ranting if the game made my Sims go get in the wrong bed.

My game makes my sims go to the wrong bed all the time. One of my sims constantly sleeps in her mom's bed. Just about everyone in my household wants to sleep in their mom's bed, even though she's been "adventurous" with almost everyone in the neighborhood with that bed. I don't care anymore. These bugs, and whatever is causing this, has gotten me to a point where I don't care anymore.

I am sorry that you have had these issues :cry:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Kids can go in the hot tub. They threw us that bone at least.

My irritation is that the hot tub is considered a "group activity". They're just going to sit it in and chat endlessly. TS4 needs another location for chatting like it needs a hole in its head. I want my sims to DO things together. Not just chat here then move over there and chat some more.

My exact thoughts. I don't need another place for them to sit and yak, and omg, think how 'they might' move around in the hot tub like they play musical chairs. And what about kids (for those group talks) getting into the tub when you had planned a woohoo for the couple. Good Grief I expect to hear the griping next week.

Thank you King for making this thread, somebody had to say it. And yes this game is only about parties, drinking and woohooing.

They can skinny dip too which means Sims will always interrupt and get embarrassed no doubt like the do with the bathroom.

So, let me get this right then. I can make an Adult skinny dip while my Sim's kids are in the area and or getting in the hot tub? That's something you never want to see, to see your parent naked.

I am already concerned by this as well. Kids in hot tubs? What if there is a woohoo bug between kids? There is already a shocking number of incest bugs as it is...

Well, I already had a TS4 bug where my child's mom and her new husband were woohooing on top of him while he was asleep in their bed. I wouldn't be surprised if this did happen.

You serious?

DEAD Serious. I talked about this bug on another thread, actually. Excuse me while I shutter in the corner :s

and let me guess, the thread got moved to feedback and as of yet, the bug hasn't been fixed?

I posted it somewhere, but I didn't make a thread about it. All I know is, if it happens again, I'm taking a picture and posting it.
    2750512.gif~c200

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I guess I should tell the families I know who have hot tubs that they're doing it wrong. They should only have those if they don't have kids :/

No, but I wonder should any of us be concerned when we command our Sims to skinny dip if the kids (on auto pilot) will go ahead and come outside and try to get in the hot tub. I can imagine the videos on You Tube using that auto feature to their advantage. Can't you?

With that logic, Woo Hooing shouldn't be in the game because child Sims can easily walk in on their parent's having "adult time". And what about showering? These things happen all the time but they also happen in real life.

Your not understanding what I mean by family play and I stand by what I said about hanging out in a hot tub not being what I class as family time. I don't have a single neighbor nor do I know or have I ever known anyone who owns a hot tub.

Just because you don't know anyone with a hot tub doesn't mean that's a thing. In fact, I've known more people with one than ones without. And just because that's not how you define family play doesn't mean its not how someone else does.

You are not understanding. The TS4 is infamous because Sims have to group talk whether they need social or not. Imagine since kids can get in this hot tub (never before is why EA gurus are bragging) if they go ahead to 'group talk' like they do all day long in this game when you told the six to eight Sims to skinny dip....but here comes the talkative kid in the game which all of them do nothing but talk every single Sim in the game whether they need to talk or not. This is only going to be one big fat complaint about two days after the SP is in people's pcs. Then bet me money we don't hear the kids keep getting in the hot tub but they wanted their Sims to woohoo or wanted the neighbors etc. It's just another gripe thread waiting to happen. I will wager on it.

And not because we didn't have hot tubs and beds and places to woohoo with family Sims but because 'these' Sims can't stop themselves from interrupting and going where everyone else is. That's the problem with this game. Not that they shouldn't have these things.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

No, but I wonder should any of us be concerned when we command our Sims to skinny dip if the kids (on auto pilot) will go ahead and come outside and try to get in the hot tub. I can imagine the videos on You Tube using that auto feature to their advantage. Can't you?

So you assume that the devs didn't think of that? It's not like kids are walking in on woohoo now all the time.

Call me nuts, but I have more respect for the devs than to assume they haven't at least planned an appropriate response if kids walked outside.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    My married Sims hardly ever sleep in the same bed. All the kids seem to sleep in the parents bed! Its so annoying as the dad ends up staying in the kids room poor guy!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Really ya'll? What kind of childhoods did you have where you didn't experience family BBQs? And only moms and people with nice houses care about patio furniture, this is the kind of stuff that is featured on HGTV and in those gardening magazines you get at Lowe's. The only thing included that isn't super family orientated is the hot tub, but that's because all of you are talking about skinny dipping and Woo Hooing when some people just like to relax and enjoy them without all that dirty stuff.

Now, when the kids are asleep, the hot tub would come in handy. But seriously, this SP sounds perfect for completing your family home with nice furniture for your patio.
    When I was growing up, I never had a patio and neither did any of my friends. I don't think I ever met anybody with a patio unless a lawn chair on the porch counts. I still don't have a patio.

As for BBQs, well, my family very rarely got together and I hate barbeque.

Can't speak about hot tubs. Never been in one.

Believe it or not, childhoods and families aren't identical experiences, you know.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    My married Sims hardly ever sleep in the same bed. All the kids seem to sleep in the parents bed! Its so annoying as the dad ends up staying in the kids room poor guy!

The sad thing is, they promoted 'smarter Sims' this time round yet I am convinced that Sims slept in their own beds back in TS1 and it was rumoured back then that some Sims actually 'learnt' which beds to sleep in
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    The Sims 4 has more family play than the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. ;)

Children can get in hot tubs for the first time in Sims history. :#

Oh yes sorry, I forgot, they did really well with the toddlers in this one. The teens look so cool now as well with their own unique interactions and the babies are so cute when you taken them out to the park!
    4067105-banging+head+on+desk.gif

Your gif is making me roll on floor. Just think they could add Mary Had A Little Lamb music to the hot tub while the kids and adults play musical chairs in there to switch seats. :#
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    The Sims 4 has more family play than the Sims 2 and the Sims 3. ;)

Children can get in hot tubs for the first time in Sims history. :#

Oh yes sorry, I forgot, they did really well with the toddlers in this one. The teens look so cool now as well with their own unique interactions and the babies are so cute when you taken them out to the park!
    4067105-banging+head+on+desk.gif

Your gif is making me roll on floor. Just think they could add Mary Had A Little Lamb music to the hot tub while the kids and adults play musical chairs in there to switch seats. :#

I am trying to imagine that myself lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Believe it or not, childhoods and families aren't identical experiences, you know.

Exactly. Which is why assuming that hot tubs can't be a family thing just because you haven't seen it IRL doesn't work.

• Options

Exactly. Which is why assuming that hot tubs can't be a family thing just because you haven't seen it IRL doesn't work.

Yes, I remember my childhood being centred around our family hot tub sipping Champaign while all the other kids my age played 'Cops and robbers'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member

So you assume that the devs didn't think of that? It's not like kids are walking in on woohoo now all the time.

Call me nuts, but I have more respect for the devs than to assume they haven't at least planned an appropriate response if kids walked outside.

^^This. TS3 had skinny dipping and I don't remember having a problem with the kids seeing anything.

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Idk, when I was younger and we'd go to hotels with pools and hot tubs, one of the best parts was sitting in the hot tub and letting the jets massage your back. Ya'll just haven't been living :#

In real life kids shouldn't get in hot tubs it is harmful to them just as adults have a bad habit of staying too long and can cause themselves some real harm.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    There's no reason why hot tubs can't be enjoyed by a family.

However the lack of ways to play and things to do other than talking is sorely needed for family play, as is a better early years experience for the player.

I'd be happy if I knew that stuff was coming, but all the while they talk about everything other than the improvements to family play being discussed for months and with thousands of wonderful ideas I really struggle to believe they are listening.
  • Options
    Idk, when I was younger and we'd go to hotels with pools and hot tubs, one of the best parts was sitting in the hot tub and letting the jets massage your back. Ya'll just haven't been living :#

In real life kids shouldn't get in hot tubs it is harmful to them just as adults have a bad habit of staying too long and can cause themselves some real harm.

Well said! :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Fair enough, though I can't picture what child wants burning hot water against their skin. If I had a hot tub and any children, they wouldn't be permitted in it until they were in their late teens.
  • Options

Well said! :smile:

Seconded. Hot tubs aren't safe for children, especially not small children.
  • Options

Yes, I remember my childhood being centred around our family hot tub sipping Champaign while all the other kids my age played 'Cops and robbers'

Whatever. Where I live, hot tubs are mostly a middle-class suburban thing. They cost less than a car. The hot tub sellers set up at the summer fair, in the end near the kids midway. Perhaps you're confusing real life with singles sitcoms and soap operas?
  • Options
    There's no reason why hot tubs can't be enjoyed by a family.

However the lack of ways to play and things to do other than talking is sorely needed for family play, as is a better early years experience for the player.

I'd be happy if I knew that stuff was coming, but all the while they talk about everything other than the improvements to family play being discussed for months and with thousands of wonderful ideas I really struggle to believe they are listening.

That's the thing, they are adding small things like hot tubs, yet they are unable to respond some of the most requested things people have been asking for since before the game even launched. That is in my opinion, appalling. :rage:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member

^^This. TS3 had skinny dipping and I don't remember having a problem with the kids seeing anything.

Sims 4 Sims seem to purposly put themselves into a situation where they are going to either become embarrassed or embarrass someone else. Its like the game forces it to happen. Kids at the moment always seem to just walk into the bathroom when someone's on the loo or in the shower. It happens alot in my game.
  • Options

The 'hot tub' is a status symbol of The Sims. It's a 'you have made it' ' you make the big bucks' 'you have earned it' go ahead and party and live it up. It doesn't matter about real life. This is The Sims and the hot tub is a status symbol. It has nothing to do with family in any of the games. And saying it's a family thing game play for kids to get in it is laughable, really.
  • Options
    rodneyclintrodneyclint Posts: 496 Member
    Have you guys ever been in a hot tub? It's not burning hot or no one would want to get in it. But I'm done arguing, you guys seemed convinced that this pack can't be useful for families. But when it comes out, I'll be updating my family of five's patio area, complete with a hot tub while also giving my single Sims a hot tub of their own.
  • Options

Whatever. Where I live, hot tubs are mostly a middle-class suburban thing. They cost less than a car. The hot tub sellers set up at the summer fair, in the end near the kids midway. Perhaps you're confusing real life with singles sitcoms and soap operas?

No, the average 'middle class' in the UK o not own hot tubs. It is seen as a 'well off thing' and my Sims game is socially mixed. Even wealthier Sims do not have hot tubs and it is never something I thought of children using, rich young adults maybe and honeymoon married couples but not 'the Jones' from next door.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Sims 4 Sims seem to purposly put themselves into a situation where they are going to either become embarrassed or embarrass someone else. Its like the game forces it to happen. Kids at the moment always seem to just walk into the bathroom when someone's on the loo or in the shower. It happens alot in my game.

As far as I can tell, sims don't have any sense of privacy in this game. I have to watch my sims to make sure they don't invade on someone's privacy or interrupt someone else. Which makes other sims a nuisance.