Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC's won't show up in my game?

Hi,
I have downloaded some CC's and they ALL seem to be working and show up just fine in the 'create a sim/edit sim' option(s), but once I 'save household/sim' and actually get to playing the game with the sims that I have used the CC's on, most of the CC's do not show up in the actual game as they did in the create/edit a sim option. :/ I'm also new to CC's in general, but as I said they all seem to be downloaded right and seem to be working in the editing sim sections of the game, they just don't show up in the actual game, they're replaced by the regular sim eyes, etc.
Please help! Thank you in advance! :) <3

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,732 Member
    Hello.
    Make sure that the "script mods" box is ticked in game options. Then check your sims again.
    If the cc is still not showing up in-game, come out of the game, move your mods folder to the desktop, start the game and then exit. Copy your mods/cc from the inside of the mods folder that is on the desk top into the new mods folder that has been created. ( If you have edited the resource.cfg file to create subfolders you will need to do that again with the new resource.cfg file ) Then start the game and test to see if the cc is showing up.
  • Options
    TheclumsysimmerTheclumsysimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello,
    i had this issue before. the problem for me was i didnt drag the mods from my downloads the sims 4 mods folder. i hope this helps!
  • Options
    wiccanfantasy666wiccanfantasy666 Posts: 9 New Member
    why wont my mods show up on my laptop for sims 4 they show up just fine on my pc
  • Options
    why wont my mods show up on my laptop for sims 4 they show up just fine on my pc

Hello
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the mods/cc appear then .

Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. Then place the package files into the mods folder.

Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.

• Options
    Simscrazy101Simscrazy101 Posts: 20 New Member
    some of my CC wont show up either. I mean its there in CAS, but when I click on it and it makes that part of my sim blank. I assume its because I don't have the right expansion or game pack for it. How do I find out which ones don't work ??
  • Options
    some of my CC wont show up either. I mean its there in CAS, but when I click on it and it makes that part of my sim blank. I assume its because I don't have the right expansion or game pack for it. How do I find out which ones don't work ??

Hello @Simscrazy101
    You may need to install the mesh for the cc item as well.Try going back to the cc site where you downloaded the cc from, and see if you also need to download the original mesh.
    Also cc sites list in the description of the cc items what packs are required to use the cc.
  • Options
    wiccanfantasy666 wrote: »

thank you for responding rosemow but tryed that still wont show up on laptop same mods as on my pc and there working just fine :)
  • Options
    wiccanfantasy666 wrote: »

thank you for responding rosemow but tryed that still wont show up on laptop same mods as on my pc and there working just fine :)

Hello @wiccanfantasy666
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the mods folder
  • Options
    the mods just wont show on the laptop
  • Options
  • Options
    it didnt work its like its not reconizingany thing in the mods folder its not even showing up in the mod list in game a complete blank lol
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    it didnt work its like its not reconizingany thing in the mods folder its not even showing up in the mod list in game a complete blank lol

Try using the search bar on your laptop, and search to see if there may be another mods folder on the laptop that the game is using instead of the one in the sims 4 folder.
    The other mods folder may be empty. If you use One Drive, see if an empty mods folder is located there.
  • Options
    yes there is an empty folder there
  • Options
    ok tryed putting mods in that empty folder and it works now thank you so much for all your help :) my daughter will be very happy we can play sims together lol
  • Options
    yes there is an empty folder there

It sounds like the game is using the mods folder in One Drive instead. One Drive has been causing issues with Sims 4. It would be best to unsync Sims 4 from One Drive. There is information about One Drive and turning it off, in this link article, in the section titled "About 1 "
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
  • Options
    thank you for all your help :smile:
  • Options
    GeekFreakGeekFreak Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey, CC was working just fine for me until my game updated and then it won't show up in create a sim and that notification that lets you know about the cc won't pop up either, do you know how to fix it if I can?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    GeekFreak wrote: »
    Hey, CC was working just fine for me until my game updated and then it won't show up in create a sim and that notification that lets you know about the cc won't pop up either, do you know how to fix it if I can?

Hello @GeekFreak
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

If these buttons are enabled, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder

Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can also cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
    If a new mods folder is not generated if and when you do the earlier suggestion,try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,
  • Options
    illgingersnapillgingersnap Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-16218812"][quote="GeekFreak;c-16218802"]Hey, CC was working just fine for me until my game updated and then it won't show up in create a sim and that notification that lets you know about the cc won't pop up either, do you know how to fix it if I can?[/quote]

Hello @GeekFreak
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

If these buttons are enabled, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the newly generated mods folder and test to see if the issues remain. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the folder

Do you use One Drive? If you do, this can also cause issues. It would be best to unsync One Drive and Sims 4 if you do.
    If a new mods folder is not generated if and when you do the earlier suggestion,try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,[/quote]

I’m having the same issue but I do not use one drive. Everything is enabled please help, I’ve tried everything. Repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, moving the cc and putting it in piece by piece, only putting one thing in. I’m so frustrated it’s been three days.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @GeekFreak

If a new mods folder is not generated if and when you do the earlier suggestion,try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,

I’m having the same issue but I do not use one drive. Everything is enabled please help, I’ve tried everything. Repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, moving the cc and putting it in piece by piece, only putting one thing in. I’m so frustrated it’s been three days.

Hello @illgingersnap
    If you move your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game, then exit the game, is a new mods folder generated in the Sims 4 folder ?
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16417181"][quote="illgingersnap;c-16417172"][quote="rosemow;c-16218812"][quote="GeekFreak;c-16218802"]Hey, CC was working just fine for me until my game updated and then it won't show up in create a sim and that notification that lets you know about the cc won't pop up either, do you know how to fix it if I can?[/quote]

Hello @GeekFreak

If a new mods folder is not generated if and when you do the earlier suggestion,try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive or in another part of your computer that the game may be using instead of the one that is in your Sims 4 folder,[/quote]

I’m having the same issue but I do not use one drive. Everything is enabled please help, I’ve tried everything. Repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, moving the cc and putting it in piece by piece, only putting one thing in. I’m so frustrated it’s been three days.[/quote]

Hello @illgingersnap
    If you move your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game, then exit the game, is a new mods folder generated in the Sims 4 folder ?[/quote]

Yes but it still won’t show up once I move everything back and delete the previous.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Hello @GeekFreak

Hello @illgingersnap
    If you move your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game, then exit the game, is a new mods folder generated in the Sims 4 folder ?

Yes but it still won’t show up once I move everything back and delete the previous.

Hello @illgingersnap
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16417464"][quote="illgingersnap;c-16417454"][quote="rosemow;c-16417181"][quote="illgingersnap;c-16417172"][quote="rosemow;c-16218812"][quote="GeekFreak;c-16218802"]Hey, CC was working just fine for me until my game updated and then it won't show up in create a sim and that notification that lets you know about the cc won't pop up either, do you know how to fix it if I can?[/quote]

Hello @GeekFreak

I’m having the same issue but I do not use one drive. Everything is enabled please help, I’ve tried everything. Repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling, moving the cc and putting it in piece by piece, only putting one thing in. I’m so frustrated it’s been three days.[/quote]

Hello @illgingersnap
    If you move your mods folder to the desktop, then launch the game, then exit the game, is a new mods folder generated in the Sims 4 folder ?[/quote]

Yes but it still won’t show up once I move everything back and delete the previous.[/quote]

Hello @illgingersnap
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    [/quote]

Still nothing and I feel like I’m loosing my mind.
  • Options
    Hello @illgingersnap
    Check that there is only one resource.cfg file in the mods folder.

Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder. Remove the zipped folders or rar files from the mods folder.

Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.