Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Black Screen Issue

Today I opened up my Sims 3 game and this problem started to occur. The game loads and behaves normally through the loading screens and selecting your game. It behaved normally when I went into CAS to create a new family and let me edit my town (Riverview) to place a lot. But once I started playing the new family and tried to toggle the house view down to the bottom floor, the screen went black. I still see the indicator for my sim and apparently the game continues to play, as sims keep doing things, I just can't see anything.

87hakZf.png

I think this could possibly be a case of bad CC, because I installed some new content today before opening my game, but before I begin the process of weeding through my CC, I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if it could be caused by anything else?

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I've never seen that. Did you download a lot of CC?
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Not a lot, exactly, I've just also never seen this issue before or heard anything like this being related to CC. I'd hate to waste my time figuring out which piece might be bad when it's really something with my computer or the game glitching out.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2015
    Possible outdated mod? But if this just happened once, try restarting the game to see if it happens again.

Something else you can try if this keeps happening is check to see if you can update your graphics card driver.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This looks like a sign that your computer might be overheating or need a new fan.I'd want to know if the computer is getting too warm or getting very hot while it's running.I saw something similar to this when my computer fan went out and the computer started overheating.I sent it to a repair shop to get the fan replaced and haven't had that happensince then.It can also happen if you installed a new Expansion Pack recently and got a faulty copy.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Oh no, my game did that and a few seconds later the computer's screen died! I'd definitely recommend letting it cool down for a bit. Hopefully that's just bad cc or something. You're probably okay though, as my computer was really old, plus it's still running so that's good. Hopefully I don't freak you out by saying this. :frowning:
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    I never thought about overheating being an issue. I do live in the south and it was pretty hot yesterday. After I removed the CC I installed yesterday, the game worked as normal, but I'll keep a better eye on my computer temp.
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    I can't tell if that is the world or just your lot. You may want to take a peek at this article from Crinrict's help blog: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/bug-blue-lots.html
    I had to abandon a save once because of bad CC, so now I rarely use it.
    NraasSignature.png