Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think the unearned achievements is an old problem for Sims games. In Sims 3, I got the Colinarian liberian a few times without knowing all recipes f.ex.
    I can't find a description of the Home Wrecker.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I think the unearned achievements is an old problem for Sims games. In Sims 3, I got the Colinarian liberian a few times without knowing all recipes f.ex.
    I can't find a description of the Home Wrecker.

It's not an Achievement, just a goal of mine. Have Ulfric seduce and steal away, Bella, Eliza, Alice Spencer-Kim, and Nancy Landgraab (who will shortly there after meet an untimely end, since I can't stand her).
  • Options
    Ok, I understand better now.
    I changed Nancy some, regarding traits and Aspiration, in a couple of saves, so she is pretty cool. Still, I like Bella far more - overall.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    10-24-15_11-05-59%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I had quite the eventful day. While creating a new home for a second game I'm going to play with my somewhat Sim self, my computer kept shutting down. It turned out my power supply went bad, and I swapped it out for a 750-watt one. All is well now.

We don't have corrugated steel siding (yet?), so I recreated a shipping container home I made in The Sims 3. It's not an original design, but it's one I saw on the Internet that I turned into a living space. I bulldozed the Nookstone lot in Oasis Springs and built this one from scratch. This version has three stories and a gym in the basement. The first floor is the living room and kitchen. The second floor is the bedroom and bathroom...

10-24-15_11-06-38%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    My favorite part is the third floor. My Sim self is going to become a writer. Half of the floor is her writing room, and the other half is a mini-wellness center.

10-24-15_11-08-03%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I also took some space on the side of the home to do another "desert garden" area, plus I have room for a fire pit.

10-24-15_11-27-49%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    The biggest reason I bulldozed the Nookstone lot is so my Sim can go fishing nearby.

10-24-15_11-40-57%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    On the second day, my Sim wrote a children's book and it was excellent.

10-24-15_11-44-09%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Guess who's now a self-published author?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Nice to see your pics and stories everyone :smile:

10-23-15_12-17-07nbspPM_zpsltmg4nwu.png
    I have started a new little personal challenge, Felicity Lemon here is going to be my cooking-sim. The goal is to get the reward trait that makes food never spoil, then she will start a few retail stores so my other sims can go there and buy perfect food without having to cook it themselves. She will also start a foodie-club when Get Together ships.

10-24-15_12-51-30nbspPM_zps6caf3g8k.png
    I think we are of to an excellent start but this townie seems less impressed with her grilled food. Don't worry Felicity, we'll show them.

Can't wait to play my main save again when Get Together is out, now I am just fixing things so that I have a few interesting sims for townies and fun club for the club-mechanics. Have fun playing everyone :smiley:
  • Options
    Having restarted my personal quest, the Grimbrands have moved into their new home (a copy of the TS1 Goth House) :
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o4_1280.png

I decided to do this a tad differently, so when Ulfric meets Eliza, he uses Enchanting Introduction, and lets the chips fall where they fall:
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o6_1280.png

Eliza doesn't waste any time in trying to build a romance with Ulfric:
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o7_1280.png

Soon, Bella walks by, and having sent Eliza on her way, introduces himself to Bella:
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o8_1280.png

Ulfric didn't see Mortimer walking by, and apparently, neither did Bella:
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o1_1280.png

The block is getting crowded, soon Nancy comes strolling by. Ulfric decides not to pass on an opportunity, and introduces himself to Nancy. The look on Bella's face just screams of "Are you freaking kidding me!?!".
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o2_1280.png

So Bella decides not to be out played by Nancy:
    tumblr_nwrpyvird41uw2n86o3_1280.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been so busy playing I forget to take pictures! I'll try and get some today, but here's what happened yesterday.

I've been mainly focused on my Simself's main family because I'm trying to get their youngest son to finish his aspiration (Renaissance Sim) so I can save him to the Gallery and use him as my first Sim in my Get Together save. He's going to mostly support himself by writing self-help books, maybe eventually dabble in the DJ Skill.

Anyway, yesterday was an eventful day. His father, Bill, reached the top of the Business career and aged up to Elder, so I had him call work and retire. He also finished his Fabulous Wealthy aspiration, so between his wife's income and book royalties and his pension and investment income, he and my Simself will have no problem with money when I move them into their smaller place after she ages to Elder. (She's still got about 11 days to go, plus I want her to get to the top of the Writer career so she can retire as well.)

Haven't decided what he's going to pursue in retirement, other than mentoring Brandon in Fitness skill; I did build the family a small yoga/meditation garden outside so maybe he can start on the Wellness skill.

Brandon's currently in the Astronaut skill, but I may have him quit that job soon (like today) so he can concentrate on his skills -- he needs to get 6 skills to level 8. With all the money his parents have he really doesn't have to work anyway. He's got a girlfriend, Aimee McKee, but he just met a really pretty townie (who's name I can't remember) and with his Incredibly Friendly trait they're already friends; I might have him chat her up a bit more and see where things go. Poor Aimee... :o

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited October 2015
    This week I've been playing my rotation save game, which includes my Daddy the Rockstar household. Being a family oriented Sim, Neil's job as a composer was depressing him because he wasn't able to spend much time with his daughters. He quit his job and decided to open a small music store. This would allow him to work while the girls were at school and he'd be able to return home early to spend the rest of the day together. His youngest daughter Lyric was very excited about their new business, whilst Jazz grabbed a nice guitar for her.

iy5Hb8x.png?1

I built the store myself and I think it looks decent enough. I've only played it for a week and I'm already in love with it. Though I still wish there was a drumkit to sell. Jazz got a part time job in her dad's store and is quite good with the customers, although I'm spamming trick interactions with her to get that cool looking door.

2Ww7Hd5.png?1

Unfortunately kids can't help with the store, so I make Lyric play the piano to demonstrate the good sound quality of the shop's instruments.

nFEE9LT.png?1
    Post edited by Mightydan on
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    That's a great looking store and I like that you put music books on sale too! Nice touch!
  • Options
    Stopped in to my home for wayward teens because I want to get Bo's guitar skills built up for when we get GT.

The girls are doing their homework overseen by the kindly policeman who volunteers his time to help the kids. He has his hands full with them.

10-25-15_4-17-53nbspPM_zpsp6xbr5lp.png

And here they all go off to school

10-25-15_4-38-43nbspPM_zpscvsixzmr.png

Sara, (the girl in the red still in the house) has an aspiration for public enemy #1 and she causes a lot of grief for Heidi (the girl in the black dress).
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hehe, Heidi doesn't seem too happy to be doing homework.
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Hehe, Heidi doesn't seem too happy to be doing homework.

lol, she's just really aggravated by Sara in the group conversation.
  • Options
    Ulfric's first true conquest in the game, is Nancy Landgraab.
    Ulfric convinces Nancy to leave Geoffrey:
    tumblr_nwso6twv5S1uw2n86o3_1280.png
    Ulfric proposes to Nancy:
    tumblr_nwso6twv5S1uw2n86o4_1280.png
    Ulfric and Nancy tie the knot:
    tumblr_nwso6twv5S1uw2n86o1_1280.png
    Ulfric attempted to cause Nancy to die of laughter right after the wedding. However, Nancy held out until about 4 hours after the party ended. Fitting that when Nancy died of laughter, that Geoffrey just happened to be strolling by?:
    tumblr_nwso6twv5S1uw2n86o7_1280.png

I forgot to grab some screenshots, but Ulfric has managed to steal Bella away from Mortimer.
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Whew finally finished catching up with this thread lol. Great pics and stories everyone! Sometimes when I'm not playing the game I like to see what other simmers are up to in their game XD Can't comment on each posts but you people are amazing *hugs*

I wanna share one of the households I'm currently playing, a single young adult sim, Aiko Chan, who lives by herself and earns a living by selling her garden produce and also paintings. I've posted some of her stories over at the Favorite Screenshot thread lol. Anyway she had financial trouble with paying the bills when she first started out so she ended up having to ask for loans from her neighbors (and sometimes staying over at their house). For some reasons she gets along well with some of the single guys and they often visit her on the weekends (probably to check on her since she lives alone). One of her frequent visitor is Seth and he often calls to ask her to hangout at his house XD

Here's a pic of Aiko, Seth (the guy on the left), Jake and Soo Ha eating lemon bars in the kitchen. She happens to be sick with a fever when the three pays her a visit.
    0BUWvGJ.png

I'd like to think it's not the fever, but too much hotness in the kitchen that she can't handle it lol
    NaA09GJ.png

Later that day after Jake and Soo Ha left, Seth stayed over. They have good chemistry so Aiko asked him to move in, which he gladly accepted. Then he asked her out.
    7TbqIlC.png

She said rawr! I mean, yes!
    U6zIxJ7.png

They're now official :) Seth is a self employed musician, he earns royalties from licensing his musics. He's a horrible singer though. I took a video of him singing with the guitar, he cracks me up everytime with his off key singing XD
    58p2Nix.png
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    10-25-15_5-24-19%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    This is from the new game I started last night. My Sim is a self-employed writer, and I now have a routine for her. After she gets up, uses the restroom and eats breakfast, she'll sit down in her writing room on the third floor and write a book. This usually takes her about three hours.

10-25-15_5-00-27%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I gave her gardening as a hobby. At the moment, she's growing carrots, tomatoes, sage, and snapdragons.

10-25-15_5-47-34%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    She also took up fishing. She'll need the fish to fertilize her plants and for meals once her Gardening and Cooking skills improve.

10-25-15_6-28-56%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I love this screenshot of her in her second floor bedroom. There's also a story about those pictures on the wall...

10-25-15_6-24-25%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Don't let those glasses fool you into thinking she's innocent. When Johnny Zest leaves, Don Lothario goes upstairs. Travis Scott just happened to be in the neighborhood, and I love the look on her face.

10-25-15_6-00-41%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Some people have notches on bed posts. My Sim has photos. o:);)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    This thread and the Favorite Pictures are my favorites threads on this forum. So nice to see simmers enjoying and sharing their game.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    A few shots from today's play:

Here's my Simself's husband, Bill Steiner, mentoring his son Brandon in Fitness:
    10-25-15_1-17-50nbspPM%20-%20Copy_zpsozk1iimh.png

Bill and my Simself sharing a moment when she got home from work (I've been totally #TeamTreat for that lion door!):
    10-25-15_1-12-27nbspPM%20-%20Copy_zpstezweeva.png

The two of them have taken up yoga in the backyard
    10-25-15_1-45-38nbspPM%20-%20Copy_zpse1yoja2m.png

Now that Brandon's reached level 8 on Fitness, he can work on other skills, like Video Gaming and Programming:
    10-25-15_1-46-44nbspPM%20-%20Copy_zpseulscigy.png
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    10-25-15_8-56-17%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Don Lothario came by for a visit one afternoon. I needed to keep his Friendship and Romance meters up. Earlier that day, I used the dresser to choose different colors for my Sim's outfits. I'm really beginning to like the pink "Sit around the house" yoga pants.

10-25-15_8-59-46%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    There's a third image above the bed. Now you know how many relationships my Sim is juggling. o:);)

10-25-15_9-05-45%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    I not only gave my Sims a fresh, new look. I also gave the home white wood siding and doors. The lights are in silver, but I kept the stairways and decks in black.

10-25-15_9-16-15%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    Here's an overhead view of the property. You can now clearly see the garden she has planted, and I moved the fire pit over a little bit so I had enough space to put in a hot tub. I love how it's facing the dinosaur and the gas station on the other side of the river. She was able to afford it after getting royalites from 7-8 books she wrote. Many of the book titles have a DC Comics theme, which is no surprise when you think about how I picked my screen name.

• Options
    Just a quick update here, since I forgot to snap some screen shots.
    Ulfric mentors Bella in painting, while Amethyst mentors Cassandra.
    tumblr_nwtmzape2P1uw2n86o1_1280.png

Working on making some cash, so they can afford a bigger place.
  • Options
    Alice Spencer-Kim-Lewis stopped by for a visit, and Ulfric begins working his magic on her.
    tumblr_nwtoakHH121uw2n86o1_1280.png
    tumblr_nwtoakHH121uw2n86o2_1280.png
    tumblr_nwtoakHH121uw2n86o3_1280.png
    Ulfric convinces Alice to leave Eric, but, I'm not certain who used who, since MC Command Center randomly had Eric have an affair with Liberty Lee, who is now expecting Eric's child.
    tumblr_nwtoakHH121uw2n86o4_1280.png

• Options
    Some random events in my game.

Ulfric mentors Olivia at Chess:
    tumblr_nwtwgaSIfW1uw2n86o1_1280.png
    Ulfric introduces himself to a random townie on a trip to the Museum.
    tumblr_nwtwgaSIfW1uw2n86o2_1280.png
    As Ulfric gets ready to return home, he spots Katrina Caliente storming into the Museum, probably best to avoid her at the moment. (She's probably angry since Don Lothario got Zoe Patel pregnant, and married her) :
    tumblr_nwtwgaSIfW1uw2n86o3_1280.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I have been searching for poses for friends to try out in the game. I wasn't able to find much, but still managed to get some nice screenshots of Chelsea and Jessica hanging out together. I took them to Magnolia Promenade and this happened while scouting for scenery. You can tell Jessica did not approve of her friend's sudden selfie.

kNtSozq.png

I used Flower Chamber's bestie pose set to take these screenshots:

mSOq8S9.png

0LNUrOJ.png

QS1PYkn.png
  • Options
    I was playing around with genetics last night because I decided I wanted Destiny to have a wise mother. I tried adding a mother to the household but I really didn't like the idea of starting fresh with a new sim who had zero skills. As a wise mother, she should be on par with her daughter. So what I did was add Destiny to Destiny's household and then changed her looks a bit and her traits and aspiration. I think they look great as mother and daughter!!

10-26-15_11-37-54nbspAM_zps4h9pcyb5.png

Now Destiny has a wise old mother named Cadence. :)

• Options
    And then in my other save, I attempted to make an old English style alleyway for a different story line. I may wait til we get GT to refine it, but the "feeling" is there a little bit. I may use this in Windenberg depending on how the lots are situated.

10-23-15_9-14-48nbspPM_zpsqaxxtqf5.png
  • Options
    Anne is hanging out with her neighbors
    [img][/img]kI6ctn.png
    and serves some nice food for them
    kYDszF.png
    Zpj9msL.png