Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curiosity

I was cleaning off my bookcase yesterday and removed all 8 of my Sims 3 games to make room and was wondering "What am I going to do with these?" which is the same problem I had when I moved from Sims 2 to Sims 3 and a problem I have yet to completely solve.

So out of curiosity, what have you done with your Sims 3 games now that Sims 4 has arrived? Do you still dabble every now and then with Sims 3 or have you moved on to Sims 4 completely?
Simming for 19 years!
Family Tree
Playing Mod & CC Free

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    I still play Sims 3. I have no desire to move on to Sims 4 any time soon. :)
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I only bought TS3 a year and a half ago. I won't be ready to move to TS4 for ages. I also went all digital with games 5+ years ago so the only issues I have with game disks and boxes is with very old games, like my TS2 collection.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I play 2, 3, and 4, a lot of my collection is digital but my physical copies are stored in a zipped up bag on a shelf that I don't need to use for anything else.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I do have Sims 4, but I like Sims 3 much better. Some of the things they did with 4, I don't like one bit. And, it's in large part due to NRaas mods that I like Sims 3 as much as I do. I got a few mods when I started playing Sims 4, along with Sims 3, not instead of it, but most of them were never updated after the first update, in December. I quit playing soon after, and went back to only playing Sims 3. I do want to finish the two games I was playing, some day, but I have never felt like going back to them when Sims 3 keeps me so engrossed.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'm still paying Sims 3 and even loaded up one of my legacies to play it earlier.I love TS3 because of the loads of Mods and CC I've got in the game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have tried to play Sims 4 and find it to be something that does not suit my play style and I am not able to change my play style to suit the requirements of that game.

I play Sims 3 and will continue to enjoy it. I still have my disks from the original Sims and might install them again one day.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Don't play four. I just got three like last September, so I won't be moving.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited June 2015
    I still play 3 but I have no need for the disk anyways since I switched over to digital. They are stored away in my gaming cabinet. What's left of my poor sims 1 & 2 collection is in some box piled in storage.. But I have digital copies of those too.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    The question should be so do you dabble with 4 while enjoying the heck outta 3.The answer is simple.

Why yes I love 4,set my coffee cup on it yesterday it makes a great coaster

Also note it is a good paperweight for light office projects as well and the enclosed manual can be used as kindling in case of an emergency to start a fire.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited June 2015
    I still play TS3 as I haven't moved over to TS4 and I probably won't. If I want to play a Sims game with loading screens every time I leave a lot, then I will go and play TS2 UC. I still enjoy TS3 and I am still learning new things in the game and I still have a lot that I want to do in the game. I am still buying store content for my game... :)

I have all my disks for TS2 & TS3 together. I much would rather buy the disks for my games instead of buying digital downloads.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I play sims 3 the most,have little interest in s4 anymore .but I do respect the game for what it is.i also explore sims 2 every once in a while .going back to the older games can make you understand the newer ones a bit better.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    What's Sims 4?
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I've got all the disks lying here, ITF on top because that's the one I need when I play ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    UL is my last EP. I bought it on disk, but I do NOT want to have to use the disk to play, so last time I re-installed, I downloaded it from Origin.
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @aprilrose ...

You ought to just give the Sims 3 discs to someone you really like ... But won't mind not seeing for a long time.
    Perhaps you could point them towards the forums here in the Sims 3 dungeon so we could welcome the next Sims 3 enthusiast.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    slynnski wrote: »
    What's Sims 4?

I love your siggy. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    I still have 1, 2, and 3. 2 and 3 are installed. 1 is packed away and 4 is still in it's packaging. :smile:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    I started playing TS4, but has now given up and gone back to TS3, since it is a much better family play (sandbox) game IMO :smile:
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Have never bought or played Sims 4, doubt I ever will.

Still play Sims 3 every single day. Have a shelf above the pc with all EP's and stuff packs, except for the few that were downloads.
    Have a cupboard next to that with all the Sims 2 eps and stuff packs and all the Sims 1 eps. Takes up a bit of space but wouldn't part with any of them. It's a neat collection.
  • Options
    blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    I play both but tend to play 3 more.