Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caution When Meeting Townies

I had my single female sim get friendly with and then get romantic with a townie, they then try for baby and a message popped up he was an alien. I'm glad I didn't have much time invested in this game as I deleted it.

How can you know ahead of time if a townie is an alien?

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2015
    So...what's the problem? Lol and sometimes they will glow
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    they will glow if their emotional level is pushed to extreme - for example "very happy", "very sad", "very inspired" and so on. You can test it very easily if a sim is an alien or not - just tell them few jokes until they are "very playful" - and you will see - if the sim starts to glow with pink - that's an alien
  • Options
    SimJoe252SimJoe252 Posts: 338 Member
    The green skin, the baldness...
    Unless I'm being dumb somehow xD .
    29kvvbq.png
  • Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    Ask them to move in so you have control then check for yourself. Other than that, just have them woohoo instead of try for baby if you don't want alien offspring. Use the result as back story for your headcanon. "She broke up with him because he lied about being human." Move on to the next townie. Also, see if you can get them to glow with their emotion.
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    SimJoe252 wrote: »

They can disguise themselves.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

They have disguises.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    they will glow if their emotional level is pushed to extreme - for example "very happy", "very sad", "very inspired" and so on. You can test it very easily if a sim is an alien or not - just tell them few jokes until they are "very playful" - and you will see - if the sim starts to glow with pink - that's an alien

Thank you, maybe we should compile a list of townies that are aliens.
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member

It does sound like you might be missing the part where aliens can disguise themselves as humans.

The emotional 'glow' is generally the best indicator, yes. Also, if you have an alien character yourself, you can look at the interactions available to you -- I believe the 'secret handshake' option will only appear if the target Sim is an alien.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    TheBlaireWitchTheBlaireWitch Posts: 762 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »

It does sound like you might be missing the part where aliens can disguise themselves as humans.

The emotional 'glow' is generally the best indicator, yes. Also, if you have an alien character yourself, you can look at the interactions available to you -- I believe the 'secret handshake' option will only appear if the target Sim is an alien.

I can confirm this.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Is there some backstory to the aliens? Why are they despised? More importantly (to me), do we, as players, have any control over whether our Sims are prejudiced against aliens?

I ask because one of my Sims met a townie and shared a meal and pleasant conversation with him. Later, my Sim "discovered" that the townie was an alien and my Sim was absolutely LIVID. I didn't understand it and, frankly, I don't like it. No Sim of mine should ever automatically despise someone they just met unless that person gives them a reason to be disliked.
  • Options
    EvinalescaEvinalesca Posts: 35 Member
    I don't understand why sims would get so upset after finding out their friend is an Alien; shouldn't they still be friends? It doesn't seem to give out a message of acceptance :P
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    Perhaps the Sim feels they were deceived and lied to by the Alien in disguise.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I hate aliens/supernatural crap in my game. I completely ignore townies now because I assume that they are all aliens. I think the way they implemented them is so dumb. In every other game, aliens were an option, not forced down our throats.
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member

Thank you, maybe we should compile a list of townies that are aliens.

Would that even be possible? I just assumed they were all randomly generated and would be different in everyone's games.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Ahhhh.... I wondered why my date was glowing.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've usually found out when when they are friends, I think I use Get to Know a lot. I had one poor guy that met 3 alien girls in a row. He didn't mind.. but he wasn't looking for a wife.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DakotaSimsDakotaSims Posts: 93 Member
    Is there some backstory to the aliens? Why are they despised? More importantly (to me), do we, as players, have any control over whether our Sims are prejudiced against aliens?

I ask because one of my Sims met a townie and shared a meal and pleasant conversation with him. Later, my Sim "discovered" that the townie was an alien and my Sim was absolutely LIVID. I didn't understand it and, frankly, I don't like it. No Sim of mine should ever automatically despise someone they just met unless that person gives them a reason to be disliked.

racism in sims...
    tumblr_nox3soeeO01uw9c6co3_1280.jpg
    enter the world of la vie en rose
  • Options
    DakotaSimsDakotaSims Posts: 93 Member
    tfw your date is actually an alien
    tumblr_noxbrmZXWc1tsmbj9o2_500.gif
    tumblr_nox3soeeO01uw9c6co3_1280.jpg
    enter the world of la vie en rose
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

You are being dumb ;)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    As much as I hate playing supernaturals in my games, I like the disguise feature...lol

I remember running into my first alien when my Sims woohoo'd one not knowing..lol Now I know the glowing signs so I avoid them unless I am using one for story telling purposes.
  • Options
    Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    Why does it matter if he's a alien? Alien babies would be cool
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    This is alien discrimination! Color does not matter any more! It should be this way for both gender and race when it comes to salary/wages but it's not. When I watch some futuristic movies or TV shows species, race and gender don't matter. Everyone is treated the same. Might as well get used to it.

My grand kids don't see color because their parents don't!
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully, happening when I age up my girls. I just want the, "hey mom, Dad? Meet my boyfriend(or girlfriend) ET!"
  • Options
    DudeMannerismsDudeMannerisms Posts: 68 Member
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > This is alien discrimination! Color does not matter any more! It should be this way for both gender and race when it comes to salary/wages but it's not. When I watch some futuristic movies or TV shows species, race and gender don't matter. Everyone is treated the same. Might as well get used to it.
    >
    > My grand kids don't see color because their parents don't!

I wouldn't call this 'racism', more like 'getting upset that they were deceived'. Though honestly if a friend of mine turned out to be an alien I wouldn't be angry, I'll be too busy asking all the questions.
    The yams is the power that be!

tumblr_inline_mq4d5ieNls1qz4rgp.gif

You can smell it when I'm walking down the street!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    > @AnnLee87 said:
    > This is alien discrimination! Color does not matter any more! It should be this way for both gender and race when it comes to salary/wages but it's not. When I watch some futuristic movies or TV shows species, race and gender don't matter. Everyone is treated the same. Might as well get used to it.
    >
    > My grand kids don't see color because their parents don't!

I wouldn't call this 'racism', more like 'getting upset that they were deceived'. Though honestly if a friend of mine turned out to be an alien I wouldn't be angry, I'll be too busy asking all the questions.

I said discrimination to make a point ... lol

Yeah, about the alien friend ... the same here!