Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    @GreenCats ... Lovely House ... Love the tiered yard as well.

@SilentWolf101 ... That picture (orange and hot pink) reminds me of the olden days ... When I had to walk 3 yards in 9 inch 🐸🐸🐸🐸 carpet to change the television channel.

Edit ... "plum carpet" ... I mean give me a break.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @BlackSand I definitely wasn't going to try to add it to the outside. I might maybe color the mailbox, but definitely was going to focus on the inside.

@SilentWolf101 That picture is AWESOME! And definitely helps give me ideas. With the first house I felt the pink would be overwhelming and used white in there to help make it bearable.

@GreenCats Thank you for the tip! I have more confidence in the fact that I shall be able to decorate the interior. Love the house. I haven't mastered the usage of stone wallpaper for exterior housing, or interior for that matter. My stuff just turns out looking like a block of stone.

@KATENESS Nice house. I love that swimming pool! It's not too big, but not too small.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @KATENESS It looks awesome. :3
    @BlackSand Don't you love the sims dictionary? XD Lol, I had to deal with that as a very little girl, but not for long.
    @Minx Glad I could help. :) I only googled "Pink and orange rooms" and that was one of the pictures that came up. :3 Personally, I hate the color orange, but I love Orange and Pink together. For some reason, it reminds me of the 80's. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Summer's beach house!
    Outside_zpsl8oxh8kv.png
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    *deleted*
  • Options
    [img][/img]Floor%2002_zpsc51nbyld.png
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Floor%2001_zpssb2ylp4k.png
    Savannah, my sim and Timmothy, a game-spawned sim that I saved to my thing.
    [img][/img]Timothy%20and%20Savannah_zps1ssmjyrf.png
  • Options
    lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    edited June 2015
    xda9x.jpg

My Ephre Legacy home.

b55mop.jpg

Beach/colorful, bright, fun..
    Love it!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Options
    @lovespandas1 That does look like a nice house. :) Also, I love your tagline - sometimes being weird is normal. :)
  • Options
    @lovespandas1 That does look like a nice house. :) Also, I love your tagline - sometimes being weird is normal. :)

Oh thank you!
    And being weird is just a hobby of mine :wink:
  • Options
    @lovespandas1 Love the green windows.

I did the inside. Nothing fancy, I just wanted to get it done. I will say though, I LOVE THE KITCHEN! In this house.

screenshot-210.jpg
    screenshot-31.jpg
    screenshot-41.jpg
  • Options
    @lovespandas1 :) Same here. XD
    @Minx I will admit, I LOVE THE KITCHEN AS WELL! XD Do you have any pics of the outside of the house?
  • Options
    @SilentWolf101 It'son page four, but Let me go find it.
    screenshot1.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    So, here is the Desaline Mansion. ... It is in Sunset Valley on 250 redwood pkwy.

Great start for your house. I really like that lot in Sunset Valley. It's got a bonus for good view, close to town and very scenic location.

I built my mansion for my vampire in "Emily and the Ghost" story there. Although I played that game on my old Imac here are some pictures of the house.

Before landscaping or decorating:
    Screenshot-745_zps1ae8457b.jpg
    Screenshot-742_zps3c3cc148.jpg
    Screenshot-741_zpsed164e76.jpg

Nighttime pictures after landscaping and decorating:
    Screenshot-38_zpsb5edf8bc.jpg
    Screenshot-45_zps47cbee06.jpg

Some interior pictures:
    Screenshot-69_zps89580ab0.jpg
    Screenshot-71_zps52fb5269.jpg
    Screenshot-72_zps55db53ad.jpg
    Screenshot-54_zps781e5e31.jpg
    Screenshot-58_zps8ada71b6.jpg
    Screenshot-75_zps493214d0.jpg
  • Options
    @Minx Oh thanks :)
    I love a splash of color, rather than a normal house. Not sure why.
  • Options
    Your house is absolutely gorgeous, @cwaddell I'd love to build a house like that for my legacy family! Right now, I'm playing a challenge called the "Millionaire Challenge" which could be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13692813/#Comment_13692813 I really do like this challenge. :3
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Your house is absolutely gorgeous, @cwaddell I'd love to build a house like that for my legacy family! Right now, I'm playing a challenge called the "Millionaire Challenge" which could be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13692813/#Comment_13692813 I really do like this challenge. :3

Thanks, I really liked that house. I might have to try building something similar on my laptop. Yes and I did cheat and give my vampire enough money to buy the house. I figured he already lived awhile and had accumulated some money.
  • Options
    @cwaddell When I build big houses, I go into edit town mode, build it with no money restraint, then go put the family in and start playing. *Just a little bit of cheating* But seeing as you've already had the family playing before hand, that probably wouldn't work... XD
  • Options
    So, I think I'm gonna build a tiny starter home costing less that $15,000 and show it to you guys. :)
  • Options
    $14,979 furnished. :) It would look better on a smaller lot.....
    Outside_zpswxfmsxgt.png
    Inside_zpsorq3l8zq.png
  • Options
    The only pieces of custom content included are the bed and the TV.
  • Options
    $14,979 furnished. :) It would look better on a smaller lot.....

smilie_girl_027.gif ... Open flow housing is awesome and saves time moving your Sims around.

• Options
    @BlackSand I agree. :) Though in bigger houses, I only like open-flooring with the kitchen and living. :) On a smaller house like this, it looks so cramped with a ton of walls...
  • Options
    @BlackSand I agree. :) Though in bigger houses, I only like open-flooring with the kitchen and living. :) On a smaller house like this, it looks so cramped with a ton of walls...

I don't know ... I kind of like open floor plans in big houses ... But that is just my opinion.

SSH13_zpsd4676728.jpg

SSH6_zpsfd156a65.jpg

SSH7_zps7d2f1564.jpg

And don't get me wrong ... That is one heck of a big house.
    I have seen bigger ... But it is still huge!

SSH22_zpsf08088a1.jpg

SSH11_zps73cecf6f.jpg

Your small house with an open plan is great for a starter house though and you did well keeping the cost down.

• Options
    @BlackSand Thank you! Also, that is a lovely house!