Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Hey everyone! I just started writing my own simlit and thought maybe I'd join in this thread, if that's okay? I thought it would be fun to socialize with other writers and get opinions on my writing :)

Welcome to the lounge! :)

Thank you @LyricSimsz15! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hey everyone! I just started writing my own simlit and thought maybe I'd join in this thread, if that's okay? I thought it would be fun to socialize with other writers and get opinions on my writing :)

Yes, join us! We're always open! :)

Thank you @BlackUndecimber! It's nice to meet you. :) Do I need to post a link to my simlit here? I'm new to simlit so I don't really know what I'm doing. :D

Nice to meet you too! :smiley: You don't "need" to do anything, but most people choose to link their simlits in their signature for ease of discovery. You can also post links for updates here too.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

welcome. i cohost here along with cathtea. we love new people here. :)
  • Options

Thank you @BlackUndecimber! It's nice to meet you. :) Do I need to post a link to my simlit here? I'm new to simlit so I don't really know what I'm doing. :D

Nice to meet you too! :smiley: You don't "need" to do anything, but most people choose to link their simlits in their signature for ease of discovery. You can also post links for updates here too.

Okay thanks! :) I've seen people have an image in their signature that's actually a link to their simlit, but I can't figure out how to do it. :D Might just go with the old fashioned text link.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

Thanks, it's nice to meet you @friendsfan367!

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. :blush:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member

Okay thanks! :) I've seen people have an image in their signature that's actually a link to their simlit, but I can't figure out how to do it. :D Might just go with the old fashioned text link.

Text works too. If you want to make an image a link, you have to select the image (the image tags and everything in between) and then insert a link.
  • Options

usually i'm more active during the week. i tried streaming for a month but just went back to cable yesterday because who knew it would be cheaper so i'm a little distracted. then i can only play and write during the week. since i work weekends. but i'm around.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Text works too. If you want to make an image a link, you have to select the image (the image tags and everything in between) and then insert a link.

Okay, thanks for your help. I'll work on a link soon but I think I need to do a little more adjusting to my tumblr first. I think I'm going to to make a page to post chapter links on and link that in my signature :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

i'm horrible at that been trying to link images since sims3 never got it.
  • Options

usually i'm more active during the week. i tried streaming for a month but just went back to cable yesterday because who knew it would be cheaper so i'm a little distracted. then i can only play and write during the week. since i work weekends. but i'm around.

Everyone has a life outside of the forums I'm sure, so I understand that you won't be active all the time. :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

i'm horrible at that been trying to link images since sims3 never got it.

I'll try it but knowing me I'll get confused and give up. :joy:
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options

Everyone has a life outside of the forums I'm sure, so I understand that you won't be active all the time. :)

actually i don't my sims lead way more active lives than me. i'm a cross between couch potao and video gamer.
  • Options

actually i don't my sims lead way more active lives than me. i'm a cross between couch potao and video gamer.

Wow, I can relate to that! I'm the same way! What video games do you like? (Other than the sims of course)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options

Wow, I can relate to that! I'm the same way! What video games do you like? (Other than the sims of course)

i got a switch for my last birthday right now i like fifa soccer 18.

I don't own a switch but I have other game systems, my most current being PS4. I'm a huge fan of RPGs like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Used to love Legend of Zelda when I was a kid but now that I'm older I find the puzzles frustrating. :joy: The Sims is nothing like other games I'm into so I thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea. I was wrong.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    RockannieRockannie Posts: 219 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm on a frustrating hiatus from writing stories. I just lost ANOTHER post.

i'm going on two days now waiting for word press staff to figure out how to help me cause past revision options are poofed.

Oh no :( I'm so sorry to hear about that!! I hope that it all gets resolved :) *digital hugs*
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @squirrelwithacup

Welcome :smiley:

Question, is it bad to start another story in the middle of writing a story? Idk y but i feel like writing a family drama set in brindleton bay. I think its because i am really looking forward to autumn lol
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    @squirrelwithacup

Question, is it bad to start another story in the middle of writing a story? Idk y but i feel like writing a family drama set in brindleton bay. I think its because i am really looking forward to autumn lol

cathtea does it so why not you?

intresting avi btw.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @squirrelwithacup

If so then erm...I'm in trouble. If you want to and have time then there's nothing stopping you.
  • Options
    @squirrelwithacup

@acarb90 Hello! It's nice to meet you. :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    Okay, I've linked my simlit in my signature. Is it noticeable enough? I feel like my signature image distracts from it but I tried to make it a little more eye catching than my other links at least. :D I just don't want people to only look at my mostly irrelevant signature image and not even notice my simlit.
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Okay, I've linked my simlit in my signature. Is it noticeable enough? I feel like my signature image distracts from it but I tried to make it a little more eye catching than my other links at least. :D I just don't want people to only look at my mostly irrelevant signature image and not even notice my simlit.

No it looks nice !! Haven't seen you around here yet, so hi I'm rockannie nice to meet you :) I'm gonna go check out your stuff now haha
  • Options
    Rockannie wrote: »

No it looks nice !! Haven't seen you around here yet, so hi I'm rockannie nice to meet you :) I'm gonna go check out your stuff now haha

I'm new here, I just came in a little while ago. It's nice to meet you @rockannie! You can call me Squirrel. :) Thanks for checking out my stuff. I'd love your feedback once you're done looking :)
    37oYgl3.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    Rockannie wrote: »

I'm new here, I just came in a little while ago. It's nice to meet you @rockannie! You can call me Squirrel. :) Thanks for checking out my stuff. I'd love your feedback once you're done looking :)

I REALLY enjoyed it :) Keep letting us know when you post I'll be sure to follow along !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top