Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Trying to write but there's fireworks going off somewhere nearby. Argh. I'm glad Bugs isn't scared of them (he's actually pretty relaxed for a rabbit hearing fireworks) or i'd be freaking out more right now.

Forgive my ignorance, is there a special occassion? Where I live it's illegal to light fireworks unless it's a holiday. In fact I think they're only sold the day before Halloween and New Years, that's it!

Tomorrow's bonfire night, here you can technically celebrate the day before and no one can say anything. We've had neighbours celebrate something like 5 days before in the past.
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Trying to write but there's fireworks going off somewhere nearby. Argh. I'm glad Bugs isn't scared of them (he's actually pretty relaxed for a rabbit hearing fireworks) or i'd be freaking out more right now.

I hate that! My neighborhood goes wild with fireworks too. But my dog's fine with it because he's deaf. :p

I have a dog,she's fine cause she's done this about 8 times before plus new years. It's mainly the cat (he's normally skittish) and the 2 rabbits I'm worried about. Currently making sure Bugs and the other one is okay, cats got other people watching him.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Ok, question for today: If you write plot-drive and use poses, how many do you roughly use per chapter?

I don't use mods of any sort, so I have to do a lot of pausing, repeating, etc... but it's worth it! (Even if my sims hate each other from doing so many negative interactions to get that perfect screenie haha.)

Haha me too! Do you think they'd really complain about me making them kiss 10 times to get the right angle though? ;)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @Acarb90 It took me probably 6/7 months to get to this point in which I have about 7 maybe 8 readers that have stuck around (some don't sy anything but I know they're there. There might be readers who are lurking and that is fine by me. I just kept writing and enjoying it and I didn't worry about it too much. I don't look at my stats that often so I have no idea what they look like right now and it keeps things peaceful. Also, little confession for you, i've been a silent reader of Metro for a little bit (since you rebooted the story I think). :)

Aww thanks <3 i always look at my stats and i get excited seeing the amount of views. I know thats from silent readers :tongue:

Also thanks @CitizenErased14 and @InfraGreen your answers boosted my confidence and now i know to be patient in building an audience :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    @Acarb90 It took me probably 6/7 months to get to this point in which I have about 7 maybe 8 readers that have stuck around (some don't sy anything but I know they're there. There might be readers who are lurking and that is fine by me. I just kept writing and enjoying it and I didn't worry about it too much. I don't look at my stats that often so I have no idea what they look like right now and it keeps things peaceful. Also, little confession for you, i've been a silent reader of Metro for a little bit (since you rebooted the story I think). :)

Aww thanks <3 i always look at my stats and i get excited seeing the amount of views. I know thats from silent readers :tongue:

Also thanks @CitizenErased14 and @InfraGreen your answers boosted my confidence and now i know to be patient in building an audience :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Karilan I just checked the law on fireworks and it says you can buy them for use between 15th October to 10th November then 26th December to 31st December.

Oh and some others like 3 days before Diwali and Chinese new year.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    @LegacySims2017 A very happy birthday to you!

Thank you, @lilypadmeulin ! :blush:
  • Options
    @Karilan I just checked the law on fireworks and it says you can buy them for use between 15th October to 10th November then 26th December to 31st December.

Phooey. :( Hope it's over soon.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options

Phooey. :( Hope it's over soon.

Yep,or I'm getting nothing done. :(
  • Options
    Another question:
    Have you ever had readers particularly hate a certain character? Have you had any strange predictions before?

Well, everyone appeared to like Claude's brother over himself. (Claude is very much my favourite for those of you who don't know). I can probably see why,he was whiny and annoying (still kinda is if I'm honest, just not as much as when he was a teenager) whereas his bro wasn't really and didn't make stupid mistakes and very responsible. We also had a little disliking of my founder.

More random stuff
    Actually speaking of this, I could have gone for his brother and that alternative storyline. Although not sure which one is more evil.

Also just remembered I think people thought Vin would be heir because he was married but in this story,nothing is that simple. (Vince wasn't even married when he had his kids, I made them all wait a while
    :lol:)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Ah! It's November 4th! (at least in many timezones... and almost then here!)

That means.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @LegacySims2017

legacysims.png

happy birthday legacysimmer.

i woke up today thinking it was 8 0r 9 o clock. it was 11 :30 so my days going to intresting . i just got here.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Bugsie2016 No hate, but people seemed to like one of my characters more, and yet he didn't end up as heir in the final poll.

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Asking this again - if you're doing a story-style legacy and let the audience pick your heir, how do you weave in the heir being chosen into the story? How is the heir chosen in your story?
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited November 2017
    Another question:
    Have you ever had readers particularly hate a certain character? Have you had any strange predictions before?

Well, everyone appeared to like Claude's brother over himself. (Claude is very much my favourite for those of you who don't know). I can probably see why,he was whiny and annoying (still kinda is if I'm honest, just not as much as when he was a teenager) whereas his bro wasn't really and didn't make plum mistakes and very responsible. We also had a little disliking of my founder.

Also just remembered I think people thought Vin would be heir because he was married but in this story,nothing is that simple. (Vince wasn't even married when he had his kids, I made them all wait a while
    :lol:

I have not appeared on this thread in quite some dozen pages and as the "faces" are new, I doubt anyone has seen me before, but I have been here, and I am strictly a "reader".
    In that capacity I may have liked one character more than another, or conversely taken a dim view of one or more--over others in a given story, but I never let on to the authors who I like and do not like. My "job" is to read, theirs to write and I shan't interfere, even if only by way of opinion.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All! My latest chapter for Retail Wars. If you haven't tried this challenge, it is indeed fun! Thanks to everyone for reading my blog. Enjoy!

we_did_it.png

https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/11/04/ch-17-sunday-victory-dinner-a-new-idea
  • Options
    Another question:

Well, everyone appeared to like Claude's brother over himself. (Claude is very much my favourite for those of you who don't know). I can probably see why,he was whiny and annoying (still kinda is if I'm honest, just not as much as when he was a teenager) whereas his bro wasn't really and didn't make plum mistakes and very responsible. We also had a little disliking of my founder.

More random stuff
    Actually speaking of this, I could have gone for his brother and that alternative storyline. Although not sure which one is more evil.

As you know, I thought Vin would be heir but I didn't like either brother over the other.

I've noticed some unusual hatred towards Travis in Pine Point, which actually encouraged me to make him a dislikable character!

During gen 2 of Grace there was one person who really hated Veer, which may have been a fault of my writing not portraying him properly, and I think I learned from it. Aside from that I've never had anyone hate a character that I didn't intend them to have ill feelings towards.

Obviously taking votes for heir can create some fun divide between readers...but I hope the Cheese Curd Club doesn't hate Cameron for winning the recent vote! :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

As you know, I thought Vin would be heir but I didn't like either brother over the other.

I've noticed some unusual hatred towards Travis in Pine Point, which actually encouraged me to make him a dislikable character!

During gen 2 of Grace there was one person who really hated Veer, which may have been a fault of my writing not portraying him properly, and I think I learned from it. Aside from that I've never had anyone hate a character that I didn't intend them to have ill feelings towards.

Obviously taking votes for heir can create some fun divide between readers...but I hope the Cheese Curd Club doesn't hate Cameron for winning the recent vote! :D

I can only speak for myself but I have a mild dislike, not a hate as he's still Brooke's kid but he's still not Cheeseball. @Skcaga6 Do you hate Camo for winning?
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

I can only speak for myself but I have a mild dislike, not a hate as he's still Brooke's kid but he's still not Cheeseball. @Skcaga6 Do you hate Camo for winning?

you named a kid cheeseball thats mean. lol.
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

No, Cheeseball is his nickname. His name is Colby so @Skcaga6 nicknamed him Cheeseball.
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

:D His name is Colby, which reminded them of colby cheese, and they are both in love with him, hense they are the Cheese Curd Club.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

I'm glad you don't HATE him, but I hope over the course of the gen I can make you fall in love with him. :)

If not, Colby will be appearing in a bit of a spin off to fill your cheesy needs. :)
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

I'm glad you don't HATE him, but I hope over the course of the gen I can make you fall in love with him. :)

If not, Colby will be appearing in a bit of a spin off to fill your cheesy needs. :)

It's possible. This is going to be interesting.

But as Colby isn't heir we can name his first son. Lester (Leicester cheese?) or if it's a girl,Briella (Brie cheese?) Please Karilan.
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

But as Colby isn't heir we can name his first son. Lester (Leicester cheese?) or if it's a girl,Briella (Brie cheese?) Please Karilan.

Omigoodness Brie Cheese! <3

I feel like I should just upload him to see what kind of cheese babies you guys come up with.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Another question:

More random stuff

Omigoodness Brie Cheese! <3

I feel like I should just upload him to see what kind of cheese babies you guys come up with.

Ooh, I wanna see what him and a YA version of Rye's babies would look like.
  • Options
    Another question:

More random stuff

:D His name is Colby, which reminded them of colby cheese, and they are both in love with him, hense they are the Cheese Curd Club.

i woke up at 11:30 so i wasn't fully awake yet. still not now i don't think they make coffee as strong . cheeseball is cute nickname.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top