Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @Karababy52: I didn't know you were a casting call answerer. But I do remember Treet being one of my favorites from the tag (I liked to check on who was coming in...for science). White hair + tan skin is a great combo to me.

Yep, I couldn't resist making a sim for @CitizenErased14. I love her story and I love making male sims. :) I don't know why but the majority of my main sims are guys and when I was roleplaying, I always seemed to gravitate toward male characters too.

I really should use Treet in a story sometime, I like the backstory snippet I created for him...hmmm

I love light hair colors with tan skin as well and not just for sim guys. ;)<3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    6.9 Swanson chapter up
    170521-xzhSsD8Rj-F1.gif
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    edited May 2017
    hey y'all! how are you guys? ^^ i've been messing with a banner for my current legacy generation and i'm (finally!) about halfway through it:
    fUsaf1C.png

haha, who is that dude on the left? IT'S A MYSTERY, but i can tell you now that he's having a run-in with a pesky ghost. :P and that's meant to be prince & harley next to him, though prince is a lot tougher to draw than i thought! i've got two more characters to add to it, then i'm gonna color the whole thing, and i'll FINALLY have something to put in my signature over here, lol.

i've also been reading through @CathyTea's goofy love legacy this weekend - CT, i love your style so much!!

and @CitizenErased14 - my birthday was tough for a lot of reasons, but i think i'll be okay. :blush: plus this week, i get to prepare for a fun weekend trip, so at least this month is looking up right at the end!
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    peatock wrote: »
    hey y'all! how are you guys? ^^ i've been messing with a chapter banner for my current legacy generation and i'm (finally!) about halfway through it:
    fUsaf1C.png

haha, who is that dude on the left? IT'S A MYSTERY, but i can tell you now that he's having a run-in with a pesky ghost. :P and that's meant to be prince & harley next to him, though prince is a lot tougher to draw than i thought! i've got two more characters to add to it, then i'm gonna color the whole thing, and i'll FINALLY have something to put in my signature over here, lol.

i've also been reading through @CathyTea's goofy love legacy this weekend - CT, i love your style so much!!

...my birthday was tough for a lot of reasons, but i think i'll be okay. :blush: plus this week, i get to prepare for a fun weekend trip, so at least this month is looking up right at the end!

Hi, @peatock ! I love that drawing! Whenever I see your drawings, I want more! (Like graphic novels... :) )

I'm so glad your enjoying the style of Goofy Love! It's different, in a way, from my current stories, since I'm the narrator and I'm including my thoughts and observations all through it. But it really was a delightful experience to write and it helped me appreciate those Sims so very much!

I recently started a garden blog, and I find myself approaching it in a very similar fashion to the way I wrote Goofy Love, so it's fun to have an outlet for that approach again. I think my style of Simming is very much similar to my style of gardening, which involves not controlling much at all and making a lot of friends with non-human beings! :) (Current best friends include two spiny lizards and two gazania plants! :) )

I've been reading a lot about the theme of "messy life" lately--without searching for the phrase, specifically, it's one that's appeared in about five or six seemingly unrelated articles I've read online in the past ten days! For me, all the tough times that roll our way are part of that. It's not that anything is wrong, necessarily; it's that life, like a garden or a legacy, is often messy.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    He definitely intrigued me! I'm certain Treet could get up to a lot of trouble. :p
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @Karababy52: I didn't know you were a casting call answerer. But I do remember Treet being one of my favorites from the tag (I liked to check on who was coming in...for science). White hair + tan skin is a great combo to me.

Yep, I couldn't resist making a sim for @CitizenErased14. I love her story and I love making male sims. :) I don't know why but the majority of my main sims are guys and when I was roleplaying, I always seemed to gravitate toward male characters too.

I really should use Treet in a story sometime, I like the backstory snippet I created for him...hmmm

He definitely intrigued me! I'm certain Treet could get up to a lot of trouble. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

i like tan colored sims too but i'm not great at making them the benders wasn't a accident though it came from real life too of my cousins are in marriages but the oposite of the benders their white and their husbands are black. then of course my sisterin law is filipino( i hope i spelled that right) and my brother is white . but i never think about those things their just family.
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    @peatock That's one amazing drawing! I did a lot of art back in the day but never humans, always dragons and animals and landscapes. Humans eluded me.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    oh guess what i didn't miss my inspection its tuesday the office lady was one week off.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    hey y'all! how are you guys? ^^ i've been messing with a chapter banner for my current legacy generation and i'm (finally!) about halfway through it:
    fUsaf1C.png

...my birthday was tough for a lot of reasons, but i think i'll be okay. :blush: plus this week, i get to prepare for a fun weekend trip, so at least this month is looking up right at the end!

Hi, @peatock ! I love that drawing! Whenever I see your drawings, I want more! (Like graphic novels... :) )

I'm so glad your enjoying the style of Goofy Love! It's different, in a way, from my current stories, since I'm the narrator and I'm including my thoughts and observations all through it. But it really was a delightful experience to write and it helped me appreciate those Sims so very much!

I recently started a garden blog, and I find myself approaching it in a very similar fashion to the way I wrote Goofy Love, so it's fun to have an outlet for that approach again. I think my style of Simming is very much similar to my style of gardening, which involves not controlling much at all and making a lot of friends with non-human beings! :) (Current best friends include two spiny lizards and two gazania plants! :) )

I've been reading a lot about the theme of "messy life" lately--without searching for the phrase, specifically, it's one that's appeared in about five or six seemingly unrelated articles I've read online in the past ten days! For me, all the tough times that roll our way are part of that. It's not that anything is wrong, necessarily; it's that life, like a garden or a legacy, is often messy.

aaaw, thank you! :blush: i actually do post art regularly on my twitter/normal blog, but most of it isn't sim-related, so i wasn't sure if i should share or not. :lol: if you like, i can send you some links - but don't worry about it either way! (i've also just finalized something VERY exciting, and... video game related. >__> that's all i can say! my lips are sealed, but depending on your taste in games you might see something from me pop up this year...) i've also considered making some kind of "art thread" where i could post sim art as i finish it, but i wouldn't even know where to do that! fanart feels so rare compared to creative writing. (not that i'm complaining!)

anyway, i really do enjoy drawing sims, whether mine or for others. ^^ CAS is such a powerful character design tool, and it really shows when i look at all the sims i've drawn so far - they're all so different in little ways.

and i really do love it! :relaxed: your narrative style is so cool, and i love all your observations too - it's definitely been worth binge-reading since i've had some time, haha. i think with something like that, how much you love to do something always shines through, and it's so obvious with GL that you're having a great time, which i think makes me enjoy it more, too!

and you're right. :pensive:<3 admittedly that's been a comfort to me this month too, with so much change going on (and a lot of it not-so-good) - you can't plan for everything, all you can do is be good to people (yourself included) and be open-minded, welcome to change, etc. and in my case, i have to stay creating - it's what keeps the hamster wheel in my head running, so i can do everything else. :P i've had a few stumbles lately but i'm glad i have that to fall back on, at least, it's made it a lot easier. <3

and thank you so much, @DeiraShadeweaver! lol, i'll be honest - humans are the ONLY things i can draw with any experience or skill. :dizzy: when it comes to animals it's a total guessing game for me, haha!
    0Ims83x.png
  • Options
    oh guess what i didn't miss my inspection its tuesday the office lady was one week off.

AWESOME!!!! And did the plug get fixed?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    aaaw, thank you! :blush: i actually do post art regularly on my twitter/normal blog, but most of it isn't sim-related, so i wasn't sure if i should share or not. :lol: if you like, i can send you some links - but don't worry about it either way! (i've also just finalized something VERY exciting, and... video game related. >__> that's all i can say! my lips are sealed, but depending on your taste in games you might see something from me pop up this year...) i've also considered making some kind of "art thread" where i could post sim art as i finish it, but i wouldn't even know where to do that! fanart feels so rare compared to creative writing. (not that i'm complaining!)

anyway, i really do enjoy drawing sims, whether mine or for others. ^^ CAS is such a powerful character design tool, and it really shows when i look at all the sims i've drawn so far - they're all so different in little ways.

and i really do love it! :relaxed: your narrative style is so cool, and i love all your observations too - it's definitely been worth binge-reading since i've had some time, haha. i think with something like that, how much you love to do something always shines through, and it's so obvious with GL that you're having a great time, which i think makes me enjoy it more, too!

and you're right. :pensive:<3 admittedly that's been a comfort to me this month too, with so much change going on (and a lot of it not-so-good) - you can't plan for everything, all you can do is be good to people (yourself included) and be open-minded, welcome to change, etc. and in my case, i have to stay creating - it's what keeps the hamster wheel in my head running, so i can do everything else. :P i've had a few stumbles lately but i'm glad i have that to fall back on, at least, it's made it a lot easier. <3

and thank you so much, @DeiraShadeweaver! lol, i'll be honest - humans are the ONLY things i can draw with any experience or skill. :dizzy: when it comes to animals it's a total guessing game for me, haha!

That's a great attitude. I'd love to see your art, so please do share, through PM or here, whichever you choose! :)

Sim FanArt is a cool idea. When I was playing TS2, and not writing, I had tons of drawings of my Sims everywhere!

I wonder who else here draws their Sims... I know that @Marialein has beautiful drawings of lots of Sims... and I think, maybe @roseinblack69 does, too?

And I've seen some of @InfraGreen and @rednenemon 's awesome drawings of their Sims...

It would be fun to host a Summer Sim Art Festival here in the Writers' Lounge!

What do say, folks? Maybe in early July?

• Options

i did get it fixed. lol. it just took a month.

speaking of the inspection funny story. about a week ago here i posted my doctor rescheuled my appointment guess what day the the 23rd which is inspection day so now i can't go to the doctor again. but i told mom i have to be here . which is true.
  • Options

That's a great attitude. I'd love to see your art, so please do share, through PM or here, whichever you choose! :)

Sim FanArt is a cool idea. When I was playing TS2, and not writing, I had tons of drawings of my Sims everywhere!

I wonder who else here draws their Sims... I know that @Marialein has beautiful drawings of lots of Sims... and I think, maybe @roseinblack69 does, too?

And I've seen some of @InfraGreen and @rednenemon 's awesome drawings of their Sims...

It would be fun to host a Summer Sim Art Festival here in the Writers' Lounge!

What do say, folks? Maybe in early July?

i can't draw but it might be fun.
  • Options

speaking of the inspection funny story. about a week ago here i posted my doctor rescheuled my appointment guess what day the the 23rd which is inspection day so now i can't go to the doctor again. but i told mom i have to be here . which is true.

Haha! Well, "if it's not one thing, it's another," right?

And I'm so glad the repair got done and that the inspection wasn't missed. You sound a lot happier and more relaxed! I was sad when you were worried and anxious about it. I know those things are so nerve-wracking!

• Options
    i can't draw but it might be fun.

Maybe we could open it up to all sorts of art, including screenshots and word pictures. Sis, you paint incredible pictures with just a few words!

I'd love to see @DeiraShadeweaver 's Sim-related bead projects! Plumbobs? Sims? tiny jewelry for Sims? (hmmm... we'd have to get it through the screen somehow...)

• Options

Haha! Well, "if it's not one thing, it's another," right?

And I'm so glad the repair got done and that the inspection wasn't missed. You sound a lot happier and more relaxed! I was sad when you were worried and anxious about it. I know those things are so nerve-wracking!

and dads health on top of it wasn't helping .
  • Options

and dads health on top of it wasn't helping .

Yes. Not much room for any extra stress when you and your family are moving through that experience. <3

• Options
    @CathyTea my next chapter\s up
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

Yay! I'll read it tonight! New Avi, too!

• Options

yeah but I will update it again once I get Selene in a princess dress for a couple of weeks. She wouldn't be marrying the Prince immediatiley unlike other Cinderellas
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

that reminds me i promised i was going to write yesterday.
  • Options

You sure did!

I've been writing Giuliana's letter to Ayden in my mind for the past few weeks! LOL! I think I'll actually write it within the next week or so...

• Options

You sure did!

I've been writing Giuliana's letter to Ayden in my mind for the past few weeks! LOL! I think I'll actually write it within the next week or so...

sorry he didn't reply to her actual letter . he aged so fast this time it was hard to write 6 year old ayden. the thing i told you about yelling at him for 10real minutes was true. then he guilted me so he got his way.
  • Options
    @CathyTea you might have TWO chapters to read tonight!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea oooh, a kind of art festival sounds like fun! :blush: as far as i know i'd be free in july for something like that. i'm not sure what kind of event it would be, but i'd be happy to help organize too, if you liked!

and i can PM you later tonight if you're interested - thank you! :relaxed:<3

(also i forgot it was simcrush sunday... i don't have anyone in mind actually, i gotta keep a list or something as i go - but can i be that guy and say that one of my current fellas, prince, has actually grown up quite well? he grew his hair out and he's looking dapper, lately - and he's happier, too. :joy: i'm like a proud dad!)
    ipagyoJ.png
    0Ims83x.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top