Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Made A Tumblr!

KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
So I know that a lot of members of the sims community have their own Tumblrs and I suppose I'm a bit late to join, but I finally made my own Sim Tumblr! I'm having a hard time figuring things out as far as the HTML codes go, and have pretty much given up on some aspects after searching for an hour or two, but I still thought I would share it with all of you lovely people!

It focuses on the sims I have made, but I may also showcase some other simmers CC that I adore.
Here it is!
http://khs12.tumblr.com/

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Well I just made a tumbler account but have no idea what to do with it or how I don't see any instructions
  • Options
    Well I just made a tumbler account but have no idea what to do with it or how I don't see any instructions

Its quite a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 actually. :/
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Tumblr is pretty simple. It's not so hard to get the hang of.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

If you're terrible with HTML codes, its definitely not simple. I tried adding a music player and ended up saving it with part of the coding missing, and I can't get it back.
  • Options
    KHS12 wrote: »

If you're terrible with HTML codes, its definitely not simple. I tried adding a music player and ended up saving it with part of the coding missing, and I can't get it back.

I am terrible with HTML codes!

Which music player?
  • Options

Which music player?

Wikiplayer. It says to insert it before or after (don't remember which) the code <body and I can't even find that. The only body I could find in the code had a bracket behind it, and then I deleted the bracket on accident....its just a hot mess express....I cant even figure out how to change my posts font lol. I googled a bunch of stuff and the directions are plain as can be, but at least with the font, I'm not sure which fonts would work or not.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Some pretty stuff on there so far.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

There are no instructions that I can see - I totally don't get what it's even for. It would be easier to make a website.
  • Options

Which music player?

Wikiplayer. It says to insert it before or after (don't remember which) the code <body and I can't even find that. The only body I could find in the code had a bracket behind it, and then I deleted the bracket on accident....its just a hot mess express....I cant even figure out how to change my posts font lol. I googled a bunch of stuff and the directions are plain as can be, but at least with the font, I'm not sure which fonts would work or not.

Ctrl + F, and enter </body>

Insert the code one line before it.
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    Making posts is pretty simple. You just click the icons at the top to make a text post or photos ect. It only gets complicated when you try to change your theme. Luckily there are awesome people out there that make theme codes that you can copy/paste, some of which can be customized without ever going into the "edit HTML" bit.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    You don't really need HTML, not unless you're setting up your own theme. I don't know much HTML, I used to when I was in school making a website but I've forgotten it all now and if I try to figure it out again sometimes wonder how I learned it in the first place. I still figured out tumblr just fine (well I'm still learning it a bit, mostly because I don't always use it lots and they change it on me XD). You may just need to look for themes that offer what you want if you can't figure out the HTML... there's so many themes you'll probably find one. You can just try searching the feature you want, like a music player, on the themes page.

If you have any specific questions though I'm sure if you ask somebody will be willing to try to help. Either here or on tumblr if you're following anybody you think might be willing to help (I don't believe you have to actually follow somebody to ask either, at least if you ask as an anon) a lot of people seem really helpful if you want to ask them. I see it on my dash often enough, people helping out others with tumblr. Not everybody is helpful of course, but a lot are. If I can help I certainly will.

Anyway it looks good so far. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in time, I can see how it can take some getting used to as it is a bit different. But I think if you try to just find themes that offer what you want instead of worrying about adding it through HTML it'll help.
  • Options

Which music player?

Ctrl + F, and enter </body>

Insert the code one line before it.

But I searched for that and there isn't one. That's what I'm saying, it's like I deleted it or something and I have no idea where to type it to put it back in.
  • Options
    My main concern for what I want to do is just add a music player and change my font style and color, all 3 of which require (apparently) that I go into my HTML code and put things in there.
  • Options
    I actually just changed the theme and there was a <body section, so now I have my music player!
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    My main concern for what I want to do is just add a music player and change my font style and color, all 3 of which require (apparently) that I go into my HTML code and put things in there.

At least some theme should give you the option to select a new font style and colour without messing with HTML. It should give theme options, in the edit theme panel, and I believe most should be changeable in there at least the colour I don't see style too often. Mine does both but I still don't know what font styles I can use lol, so I leave it, some may have better set ups to figure it out though.

I see you got the music player though, which is good.