Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center help please!

midnitetechmidnitetech Posts: 283 Member
edited October 2022 in General Mods Discussion
Hi there,

I'm hoping to find someone who knows how to use MC Command Center by @Deaderpool? I'm confused...

Basically, all I want to do is stop Elders spawning (they wear CC hair and look ridiculous), and control my population. However, I don't think it's working, as I don't get the MC Command Center option when clicking a Sim or a computer as it states in the description. Many thanks,Here's my folder structure..

Katie
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    ChasethatfeelingChasethatfeeling Posts: 9 New Member
    Double click on the mcconfigurator file it will open and you can edit the settings in there.
  • Options
    ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    The mcconfigurator is for an older version of the mod. You need to open the "MTS_Deaderpool_1529408_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_ScriptAndPackage_1_0_4 file" and inside that zip file there are two files, a package and another zip file (the script). The two files in that zip:

mc_cmd_center.package
    and MTS_Deaderpool_1525048_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_1_0_4.zip

are the files you need to have in your mods folder (along with the career, dresser and population scripts which look to be installed properly).
  • Options
    @Scumbumbo Thank you so much for replying! I have several of your mods, and I love them, so thank you for those too!! I'll try reinstalling the the mod now, thanks again!
  • Options
    It works! Thank you so much *bows down to your excellence*
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited May 2015
    I thought I had followed the instructions diligently, but I don't see any configuration options on a computer in the game. Do you have to configure it via the command line?

My install:

Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529437_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_pregnancy_1_0_4.zip"
    Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529413_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_population_1_0_4.zip"
    Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529411_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_dresser_1_0_4.zip"
    Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529410_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_cleaner_1_0_4.zip"
    Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529409_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_career_1_0_4.zip"
    Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1525048_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_1_0_4.zip"
    Command Center\mc_dresser.cfg"
    \Command Center\mc_cmd_center.package"
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @ModerateOsprey - You can't put the files into a subfolder, they must be in the main mods folder to work properly. (This is true of any script zip file, not just the command center)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Scumbumbo wrote: »
    @ModerateOsprey - You can't put the files into a subfolder, they must be in the main mods folder to work properly. (This is true of any script zip file, not just the command center)

Ah, ta for that :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    You can have script files in subfolders if you change the content in the file Resource.cfg like this:

Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*.package
    PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package

Example:
    C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripts\MTS_mgomez_1462497_mgomez-getpopulation.zip

By the way MC command Center is now in version 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 is on it's way.

• Options
    @Morphar is correct, however script mods are limited to ONE subfolder in depth. So you could put a script into Mods\CommandCenter or something, but not into Mods\Deaderpool\CommandCenter.

Also, if the script mod includes a package file, they will often need to be in the same folder as the XML must be found by the game prior to loading the script. I've found that if the package for, e.g. Mega Pregnancy Mod, is placed in a subfolder but the script is in the main mods folder, it will cause the mod to malfunction. I'm not sure if this is true of the command center, but it is likely. So, I continue to tell people to put both files into the main Mods folder. Just seems easier ;)
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    I have all files, both scripts and package in a subfolder just like ModerateOsprey has and it works OK.

C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\MC Command Center

The only exception so far is your Mega Pregnancy Mod.
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi, I hope I am at the right place. I too have a problem with mc command center.
    My six mc comman zipped files are unzipped in my mod sub folder (1.0.11 update)
    and my Resource.cfg like this:
    Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package

I go into my game and enter a lot with a computer and there is no mc command center.
    I have tried to us the cheat command mc_help but it does not not do anything.
    I have script mods ticked in my game options, so I dont know what else I can do to get this great mod to work.
    I dont know what I am doing wrong
    Thanks

Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Scumbumbo wrote: »
    @Morphar is correct, however script mods are limited to ONE subfolder in depth. So you could put a script into Mods\CommandCenter or something, but not into Mods\Deaderpool\CommandCenter.

Also, if the script mod includes a package file, they will often need to be in the same folder as the XML must be found by the game prior to loading the script. I've found that if the package for, e.g. Mega Pregnancy Mod, is placed in a subfolder but the script is in the main mods folder, it will cause the mod to malfunction. I'm not sure if this is true of the command center, but it is likely. So, I continue to tell people to put both files into the main Mods folder. Just seems easier ;)

It's true, it won't work. A while back, I wondered if MC's dresser module could run in its own folder (/mods/mc/dresser), because when you work with setting dresser up, output files can be legion... but with it not where the package file was looking (I guess?), even though it was BELOW that, it wasn't being recognized. However, with the right .cfg file setup, Mods/MC works fine.

rh4ls7.jpg
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Hi, I hope I am at the right place. I too have a problem with mc command center.
    My six mc comman zipped files are unzipped in my mod sub folder (1.0.11 update)
    and my Resource.cfg like this:
    Priority 500
    PackedFile *.package
    PackedFile */*.package
    PackedFile */*/*.package

I go into my game and enter a lot with a computer and there is no mc command center.
    I have tried to us the cheat command mc_help but it does not not do anything.
    I have script mods ticked in my game options, so I dont know what else I can do to get this great mod to work.
    I dont know what I am doing wrong
    Thanks

Have you gotten this working? Check the mod's page, there's a Troubleshooting section... but if you need more help, tag me, I just NOW saw this. Sorry.
  • Options
    KatrinaBeanKatrinaBean Posts: 3 New Member
    Can I install this mod on a Mac?
  • Options
    whiite_kwhiite_k Posts: 2 New Member
    hi I'm having the sames problem but it seems like my files are very different from what I read here. The folder is full of scripts files not Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529437_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_pregnancy_1_0_4.zip" i don't have those so what should i do? and I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited October 2017
    whiite_k wrote: »
    hi I'm having the sames problem but it seems like my files are very different from what I read here. The folder is full of scripts files not Command Center\MTS_Deaderpool_1529437_Deaderpool_McCmdCenter_pregnancy_1_0_4.zip" i don't have those so what should i do? and I'm sorry if this seems like a dumb question

Hey @whiite_k! I'm not sure, if I understand your question.

If you want to use MC Command Center, you have to download the mod from tumblr (download url below), unzip it, copy the content of the zip file to your mod folder or a subfolder like 'MC Command Center'. If you do it the right way, your mod folder should look like this:
    y4msIYleZ6l0TwB9kU_UaPKSOAaFrH8TA-U6bwJeMTbyWUBjrRt7izLUPuE8JmRpfGXhiw6hDZJfnruS3oyDVdJ9L5jcy2T_A_MWJRo7drfIcP9JX61AD00OHsTGw-x6EiOajxfAdRKE_p80uk4-pp08InuRGX1qDBPnGolHabqfFdMXRBZsLRRdZYkjLcgwE8rFPHgJckRu1i5h20VRYjDRw?width=690&height=490&cropmode=none

The file dates show the current version 3.8.0 (SEP 28, 2017).

There is also a short YT video explaining the MC Command Center installation step by step:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDIqA2XFYdE

If you start you game with an installation like that, you will see this welcome screen, once you've loaded a lot:
    y4m0wxrzSubRlGS9Il5fDcx3k4_IdcnGXmIMtsiaR8-USabduld_OMvy4yTGEXZaM7MGv8hr0YiI8fa16EGys5gKxLSjNC_Wtnmdv5IIK6z7LwXS76zVByr05iZt9AwuQ7R-VMkJ_E_ovNA5QdEV6VjW52ZD8LyCDHdg9YdhC5Ac1hEAb7lDmJx0FaEtU11wvnLIiU-s4J8En4Bgt9Ne-s5iA?width=278&height=255&cropmode=none

Download the current MCCC version here:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/tagged/mcccrelease

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Install
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    whiite_kwhiite_k Posts: 2 New Member
    umm yeah but i don't understand how to stop spawning sims from that on. I mean I read what they typed and I don't find this C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripts\MTS_mgomez_1462497_mgomez-getpopulation.zip ( for example). They mentioned zip files and as your picture I have most of them being script files. In other words I'd like to know the updated version of this request. Thank you!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    whiite_k wrote: »
    umm yeah but i don't understand how to stop spawning sims from that on. I mean I read what they typed and I don't find this C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Scripts\MTS_mgomez_1462497_mgomez-getpopulation.zip ( for example). They mentioned zip files and as your picture I have most of them being script files. In other words I'd like to know the updated version of this request. Thank you!

Hello @whiite_k
    You may like to post your queries on the MCC mod channel on Discord. Simmers there may be able to help.
    https://discord.gg/AUJ8RAa

There is information about the mod in this link
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/overview
    There is further information about the modules by clicking on the yellow titles on the site page.
    There is infornation about the population settings in this link
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcpopulation
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top