Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accidental Deaths

Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
I was playing a fairly new sim yesterday. (I wanted to start a world where I build everything and fill it with Sims of my choosing.) He is a bit bad in the cooking department, and I set him to cook scrambled eggs. I had to leave the room for a moment, when I came back he was in flames and died. From scrambling eggs. Sigh. Grim Reaper had just appeared, and I quit the game without saving to get him back. Yikes, that was close!

Tell your accidental death stories here :)

Comments

• Options
    No one else?

So I had another scrambled egg fire. This time with my Sim's new girlfriend. again I was unable to get her to extinguish or run away. My Sim just happened to be passing by, and ran in and saved her. Beware the Scrambled Eggs of Death.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It seems you have a bad luck when cooking with your sims xD try encrease their cooking skill by watching some tv or by buying a cooking book.

Also it's relatively easy to avoid the flames, putting them down not so much since they spread, sims freak out and there is no fireman to help, but you can always click on the queue to cancel sims that want to go outside and extiguish the flames.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I even have hard time killing them on purpose! Accidental death have not happened to me yet sadly.... I do welcome them though
  • Options
    bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    I wanted a Captain America 2 family so I spent all this time downloading different versions of the characters(Steve, Sam, Natasha, and Bucky) off the gallery, putting them in game to choose the ones who looked the best, fussing over their traits, ambitions and jobs, finding them the perfect house, starting up the process of building up their relationships, ect, ect when on the second day Sam up and died from being hysterical. I knew about emotional deaths but I didn't KNOW. I saw that he was hysterical and was like "should I tell him to go calm down" but then I thought lemme get him to paint a hysterical painting right quick first. Then all of sudden he keels over. My man hadn't even made it to the easel. Next thing I know I see the grim reaper floating on the edge of the property. Now I start flipping out. His closest relationship was with Steve so I hurry and call him home from work so that he can plead with the Reaper. Steve comes home in a confident mood so when I click on the Reaper it says that Steve can "demand" that Sam be spared. To me demand seems like a surer bet than just pleading but I thought wrong. The Reaper cared none for Steve and his confidence and took my poor Sam. I was so shook up and upset. I had to go back to a prior save and lose a big chunk of gameplay. Now I save all the time in case something like that happens again.
  • Options
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > It seems you have a bad luck when cooking with your sims xD try encrease their cooking skill by watching some tv or by buying a cooking book.

It just seems to be this particular saved game. I have never had the issue before. It's always the Scrambled Eggs....
  • Options
    ClayMaskClayMask Posts: 138 Member
    If my Sim is below level 3 cooking and I want to make a meal, I always make a garden salad or BLT. Also, I always cook while very inspired. I haven't had a cooking fire yet, and have reached level 10 cooking and gourmet cooking with many Sims. If you do the same, you can also avoid fire.

I have accidentally killed the same Sim twice by making him hysterical. The first time he was telling jokes and had them queued up. I cancelled them as soon as he became hysterical, but he died instantly, so it was too late to save him. I then loaded without saving and killed the same Sim again. This time I thought if he wasn't doing anything funny that he wouldn't die from being hysterical (he was a comedian and I was trying to get him ready for work). However, he died soon after becoming hysterical anyway, while drinking tea.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, saving the game often used to be a given. You know like after they got that hard earned skill, or had a baby, or got that promotion, because you never knew what might happen next. Wouldn't want to lose all that playing. I came from adventure game genre into the Sims' series, and was used to saving often. Didn't depend on auto save. Like that time in Dracula's Last Sanctuary when the vamp monsters are trying to get in the door to bedroom upstairs and Harker (the player) is trying to get a chair up and get out the roof, before they get in. The music is scary, the old heart is beating really fast, and those creepers are drawn really scary looking, like between a hairless werewolf and a vampire, it's a race against time and if you fail you get a big fat Game Over notice. lol, so saving often was a habit with me when coming over to the life simulator. Glad to see it may be necessary sometimes in this game, though in seven months not one of my Sims have started a fire other than a broken stove that just told me to repair or replace.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Way back in the beginning before I knew it was possible I had my single sim's boyfriend move in. Their relationship was almost at the top so I had him propose. Sadly she said no, he became mortified and the next thing I know he was dead. Didn't even realize what was happening. I went back to a previous save and remind myself to save every time something important happens or before proposing.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    not in ts4 but in the sims 3 i had this with my fav generations family i just started new.
    I made a husband and wife with a toddler (it was Ts3, dont get exited all the sudden).
    The husband was repairing a stereo without having enough skills and he died. I decided to keep in the story, cause things happen sometimes.
    Then the widowed wiffe married a friend of them both, actually her husbands good friend but he was a lot like him as it turned out.
    She already had 4 children with the first husband and nothing came after, so it wasnt that bad.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have a hard time trying to kill them usually. I have to set them up to die.
    I did make Don die of embarrassment for just messing with him too long. Love then reject, pee ect.
    It was accidental at the time but it was funny after the little shock wore off.

I gotta get me some scrambled eggs..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    Alexander Goth proposed to my Sim. She said no. He died. I didn't expect that at all.
  • Options
    @TildeL
    He was probably already embarrassed that's pretty much what happened to Don .. I figured the non-commital trait added to it. I'm curious though did Alexander have that trait?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @TildeL
    He was probably already embarrassed that's pretty much what happened to Don .. I figured the non-commital trait added to it. I'm curious though did Alexander have that trait?

No, he didn't have that trait. He was actually familiy oriented.
  • Options
    Wow.. okay that is surprising. Yeah one turn down shouldn't kill him...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Ok so this sometimes happens by accident although most deaths, I cause. Here's my best example:
    So I had this guy propose to another sim and then he got rejected. He got very embarrassed, poor sim. Then almost instantly died.
    Accidental deaths are cute tbh, tht one is amazing. But yeh my sim once had a fire and I put it out with fortunate freeze on simray.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Wow.. okay that is surprising. Yeah one turn down shouldn't kill him...
    No, that's why I was surprised. He wasn't embarrased before it happened, so I have no idea why.
  • Options
    Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    Unfortunately I have yet to have an accidental death in this game, haha.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I've never had an accidental death, nor has anyone died in my game. but their was a close call. A fire started and my sim was standing right in it. and On that day I learned of my fast reflexes, stopped time, and quickly made sure Extinguish was in his queue, then played it out and he put out the fire
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Raynic781 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have yet to have an accidental death in this game, haha.

Same here. I have aging off, and I've deleted a BUNCH of sims over the past months, but none have died in game.

I may have to work on that. I'm definitely missing out on some gameplay fun!

There's this one sim... mean/goofball/evil. Ordinarily I'd delete her just for that, but instead I gave her the first name (Jan) of someone I can't stand, an am going to be looking for her in game. Heh.

Scrambled eggs, huh? Hmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I use mods that make it a bit easier to die. Ok...a lot easier. So you know how if their hunger bar gets to red you still got 24 hours extra to get them to eat? Not in my game. Once it is in red, death is fair game so you better hustle and get your sim fed. I've lost a few sims on accident. I don't quit without saving, though, that's just part of the game to me.

The last guy that bit the bullet was so unfortunate. His needs were yellow from being at work. His wife went into labor and I chose to go with her to the hospital and the husband joined. While I was checking her in...and having trouble because it didn't seem like anything was happening, he decided to wander off and use the treadmill. Low and behold, I caught him as he was checking his pulse and dying! And his wife couldn't save him. He died the day his child was born. Poor sim.

05-05-15_1-39%25C2%25A0PM-4-ANIMATION.gif

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I was playing a fairly new sim yesterday. (I wanted to start a world where I build everything and fill it with Sims of my choosing.) He is a bit bad in the cooking department, and I set him to cook scrambled eggs. I had to leave the room for a moment, when I came back he was in flames and died. From scrambling eggs. Sigh. Grim Reaper had just appeared, and I quit the game without saving to get him back. Yikes, that was close!

Tell your accidental death stories here :)

I've had quite a few accidental deaths in my game. But the one that stands out the most is that my Sim had a party & was in a large group telling jokes and funny stories. I didn't realize that she had gotten the guests (non-played Sims) into the hysteria state. One by one, they all dropped dead. It was like 5 Sims died, including my Sims's daughter's best friend (teen) & my Sim's mother-in-law. That death by hysteria is a dangerous one lol. Now, when I have a party, I don't do a lot of joke telling. I really wasn't trying to kill all those Sims.
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    I've yet to have an accidental death, but I must admit that the one time I saw a Sim get to a dangerous emotional condition (Mortified, after a rejected marriage proposal) I quit without saving. I normally save my game at least once every Sim day.

My scientist Sim has been accidentally setting the living room on fire on a regular basis by using the Transform option on the SimRay. Fortunately he can usually put it out quickly with the Freeze option, but sometimes he complains that he can't get to it, so then I just have him run outside and let the sprinklers take care of it. Invest in a smoke detector and a fire sprinkler box and you'll not likely face the risk of death from fire again. (Still a good idea to only prepare cold food until you get up to cooking level 3, as previously suggested.)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Probably the most random accidental death was with the Curious brothers in the Sims 2. I was throwing a double wedding for them at their house and they got married and everything went well. Then Vidcund Curious started making something on the stove. The house catches on fire. Lazlo and Vidcund are about to leave for their wedding in the limo. The house catches on fire and so does the limo that is really far in the house. By the time the wedding is over, only Pascal's alien toddler Nebula is safe in her crib and the sole survivor. I wanted to cry and sadly I didn't take any pictures of the experience. I didn't save that game, but I'll never forget it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mysle86mysle86 Posts: 20 Member
    I was playing my Legacy family and when all my sims finally had the same day off, I decided that it was time for my gen3 heir to marry his girlfriend. The wedding was fine - got a gold medal, but right after I ended it I heard that sound. You all know it. The sound of danger and dead. I thought it was one of my gen2 Sims. He was old and only needed one promotion and one bestseller book to finish (and give me points) for both and aspiration and a career (and even 2 creative careers finished), so I panicked, paused and located him just to realize that he was fine. Instead it was the groom dying from hysteria :-o I thought about saving him with a deathflower but honestly I didn't like him that much, and he already had a child who's an eligible heir, so I did let him die. His wife almost followed, but survived. What a wedding :D
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I've yet to have an accidental death, but I must admit that the one time I saw a Sim get to a dangerous emotional condition (Mortified, after a rejected marriage proposal) I quit without saving. I normally save my game at least once every Sim day.

My scientist Sim has been accidentally setting the living room on fire on a regular basis by using the Transform option on the SimRay. Fortunately he can usually put it out quickly with the Freeze option, but sometimes he complains that he can't get to it, so then I just have him run outside and let the sprinklers take care of it. Invest in a smoke detector and a fire sprinkler box and you'll not likely face the risk of death from fire again. (Still a good idea to only prepare cold food until you get up to cooking level 3, as previously suggested.)

Wait, you need *both*?

I might need to look around my townfolks' houses. I was not aware of that.

Boy, I've had some LUCKY (inept at cooking, lived to tell) sims!!!!!!! ONE fire, and that was a grill. Previous game. No deaths.

Oh man, I hope Karma doesn't read forums!