Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim can't use the fridge? Brand new save

For some reason my sims can't use the fridge anymore to make any food at all, they may be able to get a snack from it if I try several times. I even started a new save because of this, I have tried to delete the fridge, new save, downloading a new house with another fridge. Is this a but that came after the latest patch?

I have no mods installed, and the problem started after the new patch

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't have mods either, or cc. I had this problem again the other day. Seems my Sims in a particular house I built when we first got this game doesn't suit them. I put in the game from my library one day last week. I hadn't seen this bug for awhile but did have it in the past in other lots I had built. The hanging pots seem to block Sims so I had to move it out of the way and it worked for one or two Sims. Then they decided nope, with all the other counters in the kitchen they needed to use a particular counter. And since it had some décor on it they weren't going to use any other counter. (Route fail). They kept getting food out of the fridge but just setting it in the floor. Because some had put these meals in the floor others could not even open the fridge and would just drop out of queue. Needless to say I had to remodel their counters. Because just like in TS3 all of a sudden they all decided (five of them) they needed to use that one counter and forget the rest of them.

I hope that route failure problem doesn't spread. Or that anything over the stove (like the hanging pots) are going to continue to block them from being able to use the fridge and or particular counters being used by objects are going to keep them from using other counters like it did in TS3. Please, EA, don't let that spread through out my game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The usual fix for this (it's been around since December but seems to plague some people and ignore others) is this:

1. Origin > My Games > right-click The Sims 4 > Repair Game
    2. Delete localthumbcache.package

If those don't work, try removing upper cupboards. The problem seems to have multiple causes, which makes it complicated on Maxis's end, I suspect.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    thank you so much, I do indeed have upper cupboards too, so I will try out wha t you both have suggested :)