Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how does catering work?

im building a little church for a wedding venue. I have big two long tables ready but actually i have no idea how the catering works. I dont wanna cook myself, thats for sure so im gonna hire someone. But what do they need to provide food? and are they gonna bring it to the table or should i put a table where they will serve the food so the guests will take it their selves. And then should i build a kitchen? thanks

Comments

• Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited May 2015
    The caters cook the same way any other sim does so you'll need a kitchen there before they get there so that they will function properly. (If the kitchen is not there before they load in they tend to lose focus on their actual task and won't do their job properly) Make sure you have a lot of counter space because they do tend to make more than one meal. They'll put the food on the closest available space. For weddings they will bake cakes and then work on another meal so just keep an eye on what they're doing so you can be sure to add the wedding topper. Once a cake has the wedding topper (or birthday candles) no sim will autonomously eat it except the bride and groom after they exchange vows.

After the sims share their first slice then hungry guest will grab a piece.

note: It might not hurt to add in double stoves as I've noticed other sims will autonomously begin to cook if they're hungry even if a cater is present and sometimes the caterer (unable to get to the stove) will wonder off to do other things.

Extra note, if you see a sim take food out and they won't put the food in the oven, make sure the oven is empty - I've seen this also cause issue when sims attempt to make multiple cakes.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    thanks very helpful, i can continue building now :)
  • Options
    You're welcome! I hope your venue and your wedding both turn out wonderfully. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2015
    Hm... I never tried that catering service when throwing a party. It sounds cool, my sim needs to throw a party asap! :)

Happy wedding!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    thanks i might share some pics when its done, i am waiting till sims sunday for church!
  • Options
    tkwolftkwolf Posts: 362 Member
    I wish we had the option to actually tell the caterer to go back to cooking. I didn't pay you to just dance with us, while you leave your current meals unfinished.
    INTRODUCING.....TA DA DA DAAAAAA
    SIMS 4! STAR WARS!
    BU7XCq7.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    catering doesn't work - the caterers rarely cook - they just arrive late and stand around or drink at the bar
  • Options
    as i hear they dont do their job well. i still didnt come to sunday in my game but i hope i wont have a disaster wedding, cause thats always the worry when throwing an event in the sims games!
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    as i hear they dont do their job well. i still didnt come to sunday in my game but i hope i wont have a disaster wedding, cause thats always the worry when throwing an event in the sims games!

I think it'll go just fine. :) As long as they have everything they need before things start and guest aren't distracting them or getting in the way then it should be okay. Also, was watching a video and I guess the caterer autonomously will add wedding toppers now, so at least you won't have to worry about anyone destroying the cake. I hope you do post pictures! I'd love to see :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    edited May 2015
    Actually you don't need to put either candles or a wedding topper on the caters do it themselves. Its best to have your sim' kids skill up in the cooking/gourment cooking before you kick them out of the house, so they're avaible to be your cater in the future. Same with musicans.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Here so you aren't confused about this and anything else a wedding needs, take my official list: (found in one notification for a wedding so it is accurate)
    Bride & groom - one wedding arch
    Mixologist - one bar preferably with 4 stools
    Caterer - one oven, one fridge, one counter
    Entertainer - one piano
    Tht is all a wedding needs although you'll probably want to add seats near the arch and other stuffs. They are ONLY THE MINIMUMS, you can add more ofc.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    ok so here are some pics i promised to post. the wedding was okay, a bit chaotic, cause the caterer kept making 100 cakes instead of food besides pancakes..?? really pancakes??
    The bartender i asked to come didnt show up or was doing something else, cause guest were randomly serving behind the bar which was annoying, cause most of the time u couldnt order a drink.
    sims didnt sit again in the church and i dont see why. They were basically standing around which does not make good pictures while the ceremony was going on. I think half of the guests didnt even come to the ceremony but were playing chest somewhere deep in the forest.. cause thats what u do at a wedding..

but here are some pics:

groom getting ready (forgot they wear a suit chosen by the game)
    8_5_15_20_30_2.jpg

8_5_15_21_12.jpg

8_5_15_21_14.jpg

8_5_15_21_18_2.jpg

8_5_15_21_24.jpg

8_5_15_21_29.jpg

8_5_15_21_33_2.jpg

8_5_15_21_36.png

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Sorry to hear there was some chaos. The chapel came out great though and thanks for sharing pictures! Really cute. Also, in the future - yes the game does put them in default outfits but you can still click them and change them into the formal wear you chose. (At least that was the case, unless they changed it)

I have two favorite pictures; the sims getting married (of course!) and the first picture of your groom in the mirror. :)
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    Ayumap wrote: »
    Sorry to hear there was some chaos. The chapel came out great though and thanks for sharing pictures! Really cute. Also, in the future - yes the game does put them in default outfits but you can still click them and change them into the formal wear you chose. (At least that was the case, unless they changed it)

I have two favorite pictures; the sims getting married (of course!) and the first picture of your groom in the mirror. :)

it was so chaotic that i didnt even think of changing his clothes :p and then we have the ugly dress from the bride, but she wasnt in my household so i just let her wear whatever she wanted to :p

• Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Ayumap wrote: »

it was so chaotic that i didnt even think of changing his clothes :p and then we have the ugly dress from the bride, but she wasnt in my household so i just let her wear whatever she wanted to :p

Aw! lol. Well at least it's a day to remember, that's for sure! It would be really nice if we could get dedicated party venues and a wedding pack to host private ceremonies at. Right now we do have the home wedding alternative but it's a lot cheaper having it else where. xD
    2m60a6q.jpg
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Nice pictures. I always pop a cake and a meal in my Sims inventory just in case my caterer goes AWOL. I have never had a wedding without some chaos so I try to be prepared . lol

Laugh out loud. Often