Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 - Going Medieval?

thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
I'm very frustrated with Sims 4 at the moment, so I've decided to return to Sims 2. I flushed out my Sims 2 folder, and it's now empty and ready for new saves, new mods, new content.

I've decided to go the medieval route, but I need help. I've been to a few forums filled with custom content and default replacements, but I just don't know where to start. How do I build up the neighborhood? Are there any already built that I could download?

I've heard nothing but good things so far about this play style, so I really don't want to miss out because I'm a bit... well.... slow. :p

Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2015
    oh definitely look for anything by AlmightyHat. Hat plays a medieval game and has some fantastic CC.

Hat Plays Sims
    Plumbob Keep
    Medieval Town Wall Recolors
    Medieval Town Wall Meshes
    Shadows of Gwrych Neighbourhood

Go for your life ! :D
    You may have to have a search around, and add your own lots. Check out MTS2 or perhaps Garden of Shadows for more appropriate stuff.
    Plumbob Keep is completely dedicated to Medieval stuff.

At the Sims 2 Wiki is a content list for medieval and Renaissance stuff, including hair, clothing, objects, build mode, hacks and careers - ContentList:Historical and Ethnic/Medieval and Renaissance

I don't know that there are any hard and fast rules about how to play a medieval game. It could be just a matter of perhaps reading how people like AlmightyHat and others play their games, or just doing what feels comfortable for you in your own game, and what you're happy with.

ETA - Sorry, rushed and didn't add enough links.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    > @Pary said:
    > oh definitely look for anything by AlmightyHat. Hat plays a medieval game and has some fantastic CC.

Oh thank you so much! I went through these sites all day and I think I have everything I could want (for now... i'll probably want 1000000 other things later)

One question though, do you know where I can find a toddler bed? I found a cute little baby basket I liked but it was only for infants. :(
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2015
    Would something like this do? Medieval Crib and Changing Table
    I checked a few links for nursery stuff, but some of them no longer work, as the sites appear to have closed down.
    Also, I know it sounds kind of... odd, but toddlers can sleep in Pet beds, in the sims 2. They can get in and out on their own. Perhaps if you can't find a standing crib that is appropriate, you could use one of the Pet beds, in a recolour or something for your medieval toddlers, if you have that EP
    :)
    I put one down in my ordinary households sometimes, whether I have a pet or not, so the babies can crawl in and out and nap whenever they feel like it.

Edit - I also found this - Medieval Nursery Set

Almighty Hat's Resource List
    Medieval-Ish at NixedSims
    Sims 2 Basegame Beds for Toddlers
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    seVenpeaceloVeseVenpeaceloVe Posts: 501 Member
    going to check out some of those links myself. that is a great idea about the pet beds. the toddlers can become a little self sufficient. they can climb out of the baby bed too but ive never seen them climb in so im def going to give that one a shot.
    free the sims!
    http://youtu.be/Bj7wOfUwHlo <<sims 2 dane cook creepy work guy. hilarious!