Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Greek Language.

AlexisAlexis Posts: 1 New Member
Hello! Could you please put in the game the Greek language! like an update! Thank you very much! :)

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Alexis wrote: »
    Hello! Could you please put in the game the Greek language! like an update! Thank you very much! :)

No, they won't do that, for the very same reason they won't ever convert Simlish into English, French, or any other "known" language. It would become repetitive and boring, because when you really take the time to listen, you'll notice that Simlish has very limited vocabulary and some "words" are used more than once to mean different things. That's the beauty of this game; the player is the one who gets to decide what their Sims are saying (in their imagination).

You're not the first person to request this (most people want it changed to English), but the response from the majority of the fan base has usually been no, because Simlish *is* the Sims. Putting it in a regular language would only spoil the fun.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited May 2015
    disregard.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Alexis wrote: »

No, they won't do that, for the very same reason they won't ever convert Simlish into English, French, or any other "known" language. It would become repetitive and boring, because when you really take the time to listen, you'll notice that Simlish has very limited vocabulary and some "words" are used more than once to mean different things. That's the beauty of this game; the player is the one who gets to decide what their Sims are saying (in their imagination).

You're not the first person to request this (most people want it changed to English), but the response from the majority of the fan base has usually been no, because Simlish *is* the Sims. Putting it in a regular language would only spoil the fun.

Oh, I thought he/she was asking for Greek to be a supported language so that he/she would not have to play the English version (I presume).
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @greenXen - that's how I understood the OP as well. The Sims 4 will support English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, and Korean. I don't see Greek in that list.

Source
  • Options
    Well,
    greenXen wrote: »

Oh, I thought he/she was asking for Greek to be a supported language so that he/she would not have to play the English version (I presume).

Well, that was my first impression too, but since it wasn't specified, I was assuming she was asking for the actual Sims language itself to be converted to Greek.

If you were asking for the game text to be in Greek, and not asking for the Sims to talk Greek, then I sincerely apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion. And, @Gruffman, those signs were added on CC, they don't come with the GTW expansion pack. (the person said so in that thread).

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    You're from greece? Anyways I don't think there's much market for the game in Greek so they didn't add it. Maybe one or 2 people are into it in Greece but not enough to localise it properly. Sos you're gonna have to play in English or ask a modder to make a mod to edit text strings for ya. If you're not comfortable with using mods or a modeer isn't willing to do it as it'd be a large project then I'm afraid you probably will either have to try another modeer or just make do with it in English. I understand why you want this but it's low return, hard long work for ea so ain't gonna happen.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Well,
    greenXen wrote: »

Well, that was my first impression too, but since it wasn't specified, I was assuming she was asking for the actual Sims language itself to be converted to Greek.

If you were asking for the game text to be in Greek, and not asking for the Sims to talk Greek, then I sincerely apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion. And, @Gruffman, those signs were added on CC, they don't come with the GTW expansion pack. (the person said so in that thread).

Yeah, I know, that is why I changed my post above, since it was CC and made my comment not so relevant.
  • Options
    Sorry, I just saw that edit, @Gruffman.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    crackheadunniecrackheadunnie Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Jarsie9 said:
    > Alexis wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! Could you please put in the game the Greek language! like an update! Thank you very much! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, they won't do that, for the very same reason they won't ever convert Simlish into English, French, or any other "known" language. It would become repetitive and boring, because when you really take the time to listen, you'll notice that Simlish has very limited vocabulary and some "words" are used more than once to mean different things. That's the beauty of this game; the player is the one who gets to decide what their Sims are saying (in their imagination).
    >
    > You're not the first person to request this (most people want it changed to English), but the response from the majority of the fan base has usually been no, because Simlish *is* the Sims. Putting it in a regular language would only spoil the fun.

> @Jarsie9 said:
    > Alexis wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! Could you please put in the game the Greek language! like an update! Thank you very much! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, they won't do that, for the very same reason they won't ever convert Simlish into English, French, or any other "known" language. It would become repetitive and boring, because when you really take the time to listen, you'll notice that Simlish has very limited vocabulary and some "words" are used more than once to mean different things. That's the beauty of this game; the player is the one who gets to decide what their Sims are saying (in their imagination).
    >
    > You're not the first person to request this (most people want it changed to English), but the response from the majority of the fan base has usually been no, because Simlish *is* the Sims. Putting it in a regular language would only spoil the fun.

> @Jarsie9 said:
    > Well, greenXen wrote: »
    >
    >
    > Oh, I thought he/she was asking for Greek to be a supported language so that he/she would not have to play the English version (I presume).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, that was my first impression too, but since it wasn't specified, I was assuming she was asking for the actual Sims language itself to be converted to Greek.
    >
    > If you were asking for the game text to be in Greek, and not asking for the Sims to talk Greek, then I sincerely apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion. And, @Gruffman, those signs were added on CC, they don't come with the GTW expansion pack. (the person said so in that thread).

OK man. I get that you thought they wanted the sims to talk greek and english instead of simlish but you don't have to assume things and obviously you don't haave to be SO agressive
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Wish Lithuanian was supported language, but it's a minority :/
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2019
    Hey folks, it's understandable wanting the game to be supported in your native language but considering this thread was about getting a Greek language option and that it's quite old I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top