Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one who's bored..?

Don't get me wrong, I love TS4, but lately I've just been a little bored with it. I can't play my game for more than 30 minutes each day, and it just feels like somethings missing. I seriously hope the gurus are planning a new GP, because I honestly don't feel any inclination to play anymore. :s
we way too young to get old <3

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    I need more things for them to do together. Group activities and I need their fun to be low enough they would actually enjoy doing things together. I think these Sims have it pretty easy. The reason I use fun objects and or group activity objects in the other games are to build friendships and fun. However, in this game it is all too easy. They can gain fun by telling each other a joke, so they don't really need fun objects, or fun things I want to do. So fun is always full.

Every motive always full or not really pressing them is not fun to me. I still hold to the old ways this game was built upon. The reason I want a promotion is so I can buy better things and keep them happier longer, but in this game they are already happy and full of fun, so it really doesn't matter. This is one reason I am bored with TS3 and TS4.

They don't really actually 'need' anything anymore since they changed why we work so hard to keep them happy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Obviously.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »
    I got bored during the free trial weekend :(. Like @Cinebar, I liked having to keep up needs and the results that used to come from having angry, hungry, tired sims that need to use the bathroom. I didn't even have to do anything when I played TS4, I just watched while my sims happily watched TV on the couch between going to work, sleeping and eating all on their own. I had no connection to them and it was pretty boring stuff.

It is a big problem because they really don't need me at all. And that is one reason I get very bored sometimes. I like the challenge of figuring out ways to make them really miserable and or help them actually become happy. And I will say it again without life being based upon failure and success then there is no sweet victory when you already have everything you need. And I can just let it run and walk away. No failure in their lives that stick around enough to harm them. No way I would ever do that in the TS1 or TS2. This game is a cupcake.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I got bored shortly after Or was released. We got like what three group activates? I don't even play for ten minutes then I shut the game off. GTW provided nothing for me. In all fairness the whole following your Sims to work never did excite me much in the past, but GTW work is far better then the previous version. The fact that the work places can only be visited by the active working Sims really turned me off. I wanted for me Sims to have their babies in the hospital or have to go the doctor for sickness. Visit loved ones in jail something more group related.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    plopppo wrote: »
    I've tried to cope with the boredom.

I've comfort eaten my way through 32 pillows.

I've pondered smothering my mattress with tomato ketchup - except I can't fit it in my mouth.
    .... I'm just... so... confused?

Meanwhile... yes, I've walked away leaving TS4 running many times and it's not something I ever would've done (or considered doing) with TS2 or TS3.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    olyanaesme wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love TS4, but lately I've just been a little bored with it. I can't play my game for more than 30 minutes each day, and it just feels like somethings missing. I seriously hope the gurus are planning a new GP, because I honestly don't feel any inclination to play anymore. :s

If you have to ask, then yes you are.

• Options
    LondababiiLondababii Posts: 8 New Member
    When ts4 first came out I installed it played for 10-15 mins and found it was very dull with outdoor retreat I played one night with my sims there I explored more of the sims but still it was dull then GTW I played one day at the doctors office and I just can't seem to have fun like I did In ts3 or 2 or even 1 for that matter just plain boring
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm sorry OP that's not a nice feeling to get about the sims but yeah. I was there a few months ago. It's why I haven't bought any expansions or whatever yet. Base needs to be fun first for me to do that otherwise it will be throwing money at EA for a game I'm not in love with yet. One day I will love it (I hope) but that depends on where EA are taking the game.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    In fairness, Get To Work got me playing again and I started to get back into it - I worked my way into having a house of work-buddies in the detective career; HOWEVER, a clock/time bug broke the game for me and I haven't played it again since.

If it wasn't for the time bug, I would have probably been still playing it.
  • Options
    vef426vef426 Posts: 33 Member
    I have been bored for a while. I just got the expansion for my birthday this past weekend and I really haven't played it much at all. I feel so incredibly restricted in this game compared to sims 3. I really feel like sims 4 was a giant step backwards in so many ways. I've never been this bored with 1, 2, or 3. Its so disappointing. I'm heading back to sims 3 for a while I think.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Trust me, your not alone :(
    Sims 4 is great, It just needs things. That goodness we still have the old games to go back and satisfy our Simming needs :D
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Yeah I get bored pretty quickly. I leave the game on its own, I make it 3x faster, and sometimes I just stare and zone out until I just shut down my laptop or leave it hidden to browse around.

I tried to have fun with it in different ways but meh, it's not really working out. And I doubt buying the GP and EP will make it any fun.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Got bored a long time ago myself.

I build more than I play now, and at that maybe only a few hours a week or three. Building isn't even all that fun with the limited amount of base content, even with buydebug and unhidden objects. I refuse to spend more money for just a few build/buy items that they have added so far through ep & gp.

... and since I'm grumpy because of s4 ....
    What's with the never dying plants, unless completely neglected. That was half the fun of sim gardening in the past was that plants weren't semi-permanent. Then there's how fast the cow plant dies, even if you devote a sim to constantly care for it.

I think civ4 is in order for the afternoon ........
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I'm still playing, but in much shorter sessions, and spending more time building than in live mode. So yeah, I'm kinda bored.
    Luckily there's still TS2 and TS3 to go back to...
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png