Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is it to late?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    It's so funny to hear you guys say that Sims 2 is the best. My children and I all play and they are trying to buy the Sims 2 again!!! (Broken cd :( ). My daughter won't spend much time at all on Sims 4....since she can't have 2 she just plays Sims 3. Anyway,she's only 11and has been playing since there was a Sims 2and she feels the exact same way you all do.

@lotusflower6omb , do you have the game code for the broken TS2 disc? If so, I believe you can call EA Customer Service and explain the situation, give them the code and they will make TS2 Ultimate Collection available for you to download. You're going to be the most popular Mom :)
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    It's so funny to hear you guys say that Sims 2 is the best. My children and I all play and they are trying to buy the Sims 2 again!!! (Broken cd :( ). My daughter won't spend much time at all on Sims 4....since she can't have 2 she just plays Sims 3. Anyway,she's only 11and has been playing since there was a Sims 2and she feels the exact same way you all do.

@lotusflower6omb , do you have the game code for the broken TS2 disc? If so, I believe you can call EA Customer Service and explain the situation, give them the code and they will make TS2 Ultimate Collection available for you to download. You're going to be the most popular Mom :)

Yes, I did this. Appeared in my Origin account while I was on the phone.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    What happened to patience? Good things come to those who wait!
    It depends what you're waiting for and where you're waiting. If you're waiting in front of a llama you're likely going to get spat on. If you're waiting for TS4 to deliver sandbox gameplay you'll be waiting a very, very long time. There is no point waiting for something that's never going to happen.
    And at least in sims 2 you just had one loading screen each end of a journey. You chose on the phone where to go and the loading screen zips through to the map you want and direct to the venue without having to pick from the map mid loading screen.
    This is another thing that annoys me. Why do I need to go to a separate screen to select a "world", then another to select a lot, then get a loading screen when TS2 could do it with a dialogue box that was so much faster?! Yes it takes seconds but it's unnecessary and annoying. This is just another example of bad design choices in the base game.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited April 2015
    @Shaobun Yes, just what is it with the extra screen? I haven't played for a few months and someone in the meantime had the bright idea to put in an extra click. What on earth was wrong with the little circles at the top of the world map.

If someone wanted to do pretty pictures, then get em making the loading screens prettier!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    If someone wanted to do pretty pictures, then get em making the loading screens prettier!
    Absolutely! Yes! I don't know, even a cute animation of a car driving across the screen would make us happier.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    Amazes me how they give away the great sims game then charge 60 bucks for the sims 4 which was stripped of life
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Amazes me how they give away the great sims game then charge 60 bucks for the sims 4 which was stripped of life
    LMAO, IKR! Worst timing ever. Just in time to show how terrible and lifeless TS4 is.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Base Game 1st impression; NOT impressed at all (hood size, closed world, limited options, bugs)

1st Game Pack; Slightly helped to alleviate some of my previous negative thoughts.

1st Expansion Pack; Allowed me to enjoy the game far more.

Patches; The added ghosts, pools, etc., have also contributed to a more positive outlook. Not amazing or great outlook, but far better than what my first impression of the Base Game originally was. I think there is hope.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    AtticusAtticus Posts: 86 Member
    I like sims 2,3, and 4 all for their different approach and feel. I have them all and play them in rotation. I'm glad they are all not the same exact game just with increasing graphics. That would be boring. But that is what you all want so hey.
  • Options
    Atticus wrote: »
    I like sims 2,3, and 4 all for their different approach and feel. I have them all and play them in rotation. I'm glad they are all not the same exact game just with increasing graphics. That would be boring. But that is what you all want so hey.
    Sims 2 and 3 got us players ready for a amazing game but instead it was stripped of 100 things that made those 2 games great in their own right.. they make it very hard to play sims 4 seriously because in the back of.your mind you know what you are missing so you end up shutting down sims 4 and turning on the sims 2 or 3 because there is a whole and complete sims gaming experience

• Options
    edited May 2015
    But to be fair the sims 4 has dozens of new features 2 & 3 never had. For instance, I love how quickly and easily I can switch up a public lot with a fan made lot when I want to. I love watching all the new sim reactions and interactions. I love emotions. I enjoy how much better the graphics look. I like how fluid the actions are now. I really like that they can multitask. I like that I can mold the features so easily. I like the construction tools. I can go on but I'll stop here. It also is a great game in it's own right.
  • Options
    But to be fair the sims 4 has dozens of new features 2 & 3 never had. For instance, I love how quickly and easily I can switch up a public lot with a fan made lot when I want to. I love watching all the new sim reactions and interactions. I love emotions. I enjoy how much better the graphics look. I like how fluid the actions are now. I really like that they can multitask. I like that I can mold the features so easily. I like the construction tools. I can go on but I'll stop here. It also is a great game in it's own right.

Yes but it just don't feel complete and of course it loads fast there is nothing in it to load
  • Options
    All of those features.are great but they should have left everything else in tacked without doing away with so.many other great features.in my opinion sims 2 are more emotional and fun much more than sims 4 they react to thier surroundings way better than sims 4
  • Options
    > @sweetface44 said:
    > All of those features.are great but they should have left everything else in tacked without doing away with so.many other great features.in my opinion sims 2 are more emotional and fun much more than sims 4 they react to thier surroundings way better than sims 4

All the sim 2 actions after a while became pretty repetitive as well to be honest. I liked it but I still felt like they were robots all the same. Sims 3 as well. To make a game where sims all have fully developed emotional systems and complex behavioral patterns would require more complicated computer systems than currently exist now.

I think the processing required in sims 4 of the more fluid actions takes more to accomplish than people realize.
  • Options
    > @sweetface44 said:
    > All of those features.are great but they should have left everything else in tacked without doing away with so.many other great features.in my opinion sims 2 are more emotional and fun much more than sims 4 they react to thier surroundings way better than sims 4

All the sim 2 actions after a while became pretty repetitive as well to be honest. I liked it but I still felt like they were robots all the same. Sims 3 as well. To make a game where sims all have fully developed emotional systems and complex behavioral patterns would require more complicated computer systems than currently exist now.

I think the processing required in sims 4 of the more fluid actions takes more to accomplish than people realize.
    You like what you like and that's fine I just think that sims games are very personal and each simmer has a different Simming style and I prefer sims 2 Simming style over all the other games not to say they are not good for each person it's different
  • Options
    Fair enough. I'm not telling you you can't enjoy sims 2. I like them all equally.
  • Options
    joBaggerjoBagger Posts: 37 Member
    So...,
    To answer the leading question...I think it is a bit too late. Like mamy here have pointed out the foundations have been laid and we can expect some tweaking but nothing major.
    I started my adventue with The Sims in 2000 with TS1 and still believe it was the greatest with its wry humour and the freshness of the concept. Then came TS2 my love at first sight.
    I have some experience with TS3, enough to say that with that instalment the sims ended for me. I couldn't abide the game, not only the sims themselves were an eyesore, but the gameplay was so heavy so strained . It lacked the finess of its predecessors.
    So I had great hopes and expectations for TS4 which were sadly misplaced as it turned out.
    The CAS is great but the gameplay is so baren empty and shallow.
    For the first time in my simming history I am constantly on the lookout for some new elements to enhance the gameplay. What a shame
    I am an optimist so I fervently hope for TS5
  • Options
    joBagger wrote: »
    So...,
    To answer the leading question...I think it is a bit too late. Like mamy here have pointed out the foundations have been laid and we can expect some tweaking but nothing major.
    I started my adventue with The Sims in 2000 with TS1 and still believe it was the greatest with its wry humour and the freshness of the concept. Then came TS2 my love at first sight.
    I have some experience with TS3, enough to say that with that instalment the sims ended for me. I couldn't abide the game, not only the sims themselves were an eyesore, but the gameplay was so heavy so strained . It lacked the finess of its predecessors.
    So I had great hopes and expectations for TS4 which were sadly misplaced as it turned out.
    The CAS is great but the gameplay is so baren empty and shallow.
    For the first time in my simming history I am constantly on the lookout for some new elements to enhance the gameplay. What a shame
    I am an optimist so I fervently hope for TS5
    if they could not get sims 3 and 4 right what are your hopes for the sims 5 i personally think that this will end the series. i am afraid that the sims 5 if it happens will be an app game.. i mean at this point i dont want to see them screw up another sim game.. i feel that if they sell the title to another gaming company that maybe it would have some hope, but for EA to create it i dont want to see that at all.. i am done with EA calling themselves creating and designing the sims games let some else make it maybe just maybe they will get it right..

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I think they will add more worlds, but I don't think they will be bigger. Nor do I think we will ever see toddlers. I love the sims themselves in sims4, but I hate the graphics, hate the too tiny worlds, tiny little lots, no freedom to do anything.
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    What happened to patience? Good things come to those who wait!

You know what patience gives you - Let's see - say your starving to death and had to wait 8 months for food - youd be long buried.
    Let's say you are dying of thirst? 8 months go by you'd be long dead.
    Let's say you are waiting in line for anything at all - 8 months. Ummm probably Dead again for most things.
    Let's say you are waiting to use the bathroom? You wouldn't even get a day - you'd mess yourself - but if by some miracle you held back - eventually your body wastes will build up and you will get poisoned and die from your own system.
    Let's say you have no heat - where does patience get you after so many hours of below zero temps - never mind 8 months. Hey what if it is medicine or anything else practically - telling someone to have patience is pretty silly...

In fact where does patience really get you waiting for Anything in the world for 8 months - you still don't have anything, and still waiting for what exactly? if anything you start to look plumb foolish. It is a world of difference waiting a few days for a shipment of something, or waiting for most things because you know they are coming - but truthfully what do we know? Who knows because it's a big freaking secret and all we get for doing it, is what? People preaching to move on - people preaching patience... Really? Do you know something Maxis has not announced or perhaps have a crystal ball? We are starting to look right out foolish to even still be here waiting after 8 months - they have gone way beyond patience when they don't even have the common decency and courtesy to tell us anything.

What we need to do if we can't play our games after investing a hard earned 100 bucks worth of cash like I have - is don't be foolish enough to keep waiting for something not even promised. I am already checking out other publishers and other games - when I find something else I can enjoy to invest my money in for entertainment I won't even bother coming here to check. I now just stop in a few minutes twice a day and quite frankly I am sick of it and wondering why do keep looking. They don't give one iota for us - it is obvious.

I will still have Sims 1 and 2 - but believe me, patience with nothing to base it on - but we hear you - if it is not getting thin for most people after 8 months of hearing nothing - then we are all 🐸🐸🐸🐸.s.
    I agree with you, I've been patient enough. My sims3 is loading as we speak.

• Options
    To me the graphics are terrible, the trees are downright ugly, fakey. I know it's a matter of personal taste, some like it better.

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    TS4 is the best sims game I've played yet. Very fast load times, no lag or freezing whatsoever, I can get through a sim week in the time it took me to play a sim day in TS3. The few bugs others have reported haven't bothered me yet, nor do I care about toddlers. EPs and GPs will add more gameplay aspects over time. I got Sims 2 when they offered the free download a while back, but just can't get into it.

That's because it's so bare and limited so far. Theres a tiny world with hardly any lots and it has loading screens.
    As you add those EPs and GPS naturally your loading times will increase, like they did in previous games.
    Computers that are low end that can play the Base may not be able to play with all the expansions, and if bugs aren't squished you may find the same sort of lag and saving errors occur with this title.
    The only time you'll know *if* TS4 will have a better reputation for bugs and lag will be after the fact. Same as with the older games. We only know the issues because the time has passed and those older games have been finished. Without fixing a lot of issues I might add.

TS3 was crashing and freezing for me when I had only the base game & World Adventures. To be fair, I did have a lower end laptop at the time, I'm now playing on a midrange desktop. Time will tell if additional content makes a difference, but for now I'm just going to enjoy what I've got and not worry about it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2