Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gourmet cooking no longer an option-

Does anyone know what would make Gourmet Cooking no longer show up as an option? I have a Sim who is a Level 6 Gourmet Chef- however there are no Gourmet food dish options to make. I have a nice fridge, stove and nothing in front of them. My Sim can make "normal" dishes just fine. But not Gourmet. Also- the Gourmet skill book does not register as read. Although the skill increases. I have tried with and without CC- same result. Also tried the repair option in Origin. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Do you use any mods that affect cooking? Could be one of those got broken with either a patch or when they added baking skill to GTW. You could also try deleting the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Thanks for the ideas! Unfortunately I already tried the local cashe thumbnail thingy-(and forgot to mention) And I don't have any script mods or cooking mods installed. I'm really confused here. I'm almost to the point where I am going to try moving the family- because its only that one family. I tried with another family and it works fine. Frustrating tho.
  • Options
    ml105ml105 Posts: 4 New Member
    same here :/
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    ml105 wrote: »
    same here :/

Hello @ml105. Has your sim reached level 5 in the cooking skill? They need to reach that before the gourmet cooking skill is unlocked.

If they have reached that and you still have issues, there are a few things to do that may help the issue:
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.