Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't launch saved games

BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
edited April 2015 in PC - Technical Discussions
Ok, let me see if I can explain this so you can understand what it's doing.

Over the weekend, the game started randomly crashing to the start up Sims 4 screen when I tried to save a game, went to a loading screen in game or logged off. Not all the time but every once in awhile. After it did it a dozen times or so it corrupted my save files I guess. I followed the instructions to get the saves back stated on this site and I was able to restore the game to a save about 10 hours of game play before. It worked well for a time but as I approached the time in the game were I first had the problem, it started crashing again. I had made several copies of my saves each time and put them on my desktop in case it happened again. I logged off about 3.5 hours ago with no problem at all. About an hour later I logged back on and I got a problem different but I suspect related to the one before.

I open origin up and click on the sims 4 picture. The game loads up normally to the mods screen and I click ok for that. Then I see the "Play" symbol and I click on that to play. Thats when the fun starts. The screen goes black and after a few seconds I get this weird screen problem. While the screen is black I can see various parts of the next sim screen sort of going very fast away from me like if I were in a tunnel and the graphics were receding from me very quickly in the middle top of the screen. It does this for a few seconds them stops.If I move the cursor I can see parts of what should be in the next screen going very quickly upwards in the black screen. If I put the cursor where my house should be, I can very briefly see the graphic of my house very quickly on the screen. I can even quickly see the name of the owners of the house.

I cleared the cache and deleted all the saves and restarted it up. With none of my old saves in, I don't have this problem. So I put my old saves in that were on my desk top in and I get the same problem. These saves were not in the game when this problem started. They were on the desktop. Why are the deskstop saves causing the same problem when they didn't when I saved them and put them on the desktop? I even took the mods folder out and it still does the same problem. If I have the mods in and not my saves, the game works fine.

So, I am pretty sure it's my saves causing the problem but why the ones that wern't even in the game at the time? I really don't want to start over. Especially since I don't know whats causing this problem and whats to say it won't do it again after x amount of time?

Ok, correction. I just made a 1 sim family and hit the play button and it's doing the same thing without my saves in the game. I have run the update program already. It seems like it does it every time I go to the screen were I am to pick which family I want to play with the houses on it. It dosn't seem to matter if I have my saves or my mods in or not.

Yep, tried it again and it's the screen were I have to pick which zone I want to play in. If I move the cursor around, just like before, I can see the 3 zones real quickly that I have to choose from but they go receding upwards to the middle of the screen very fast. Any time I hit the spot on the screen were the 3 zones to pick from are it does that. So it looks like it's not my save games.

Comments