Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A annoying thing about babies

I don't care what I do. Feed them, change them, play with them. Leave all my other Sims home. If I go to work and leave a baby behind. Sooner or later the agency will come and take them for neglect. Also. They don't seem to age up any more unless I do it manually.

Comments

• Options
    PixiePixie Posts: 24 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I've never had a baby taken away yet, but I have noticed that they don't always cry when hungry so you need to feed them regularly regardless of if they are crying or not. Sometimes I get the warning and remember to feed them.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    I think the baby can get culled if you don't take care of it, but there isn't a social worker.

The baby is supposed to go to daycare when you go to work. What type of job has your sim got? What happens when your sim leaves?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Pixie wrote: »
    I've never had a baby taken away yet, but I have noticed that they don't always cry when hungry so you need to feed them regularly regardless of if they are crying or not. Sometimes I get the warning and remember to feed them.

I wait until I get a warning--why waste food on an object?
    OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    Thanx Pixie. I thought I had done that but maybe I missed it that day. Just a pain going back to the last save before it happened. Is your babies still aging up on there own?
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    I think the baby can get culled if you don't take care of it, but there isn't a social worker.

The baby is supposed to go to daycare when you go to work. What type of job has your sim got? What happens when your sim leaves?

Yeah, you get a message saying the baby is being taken away. No sim actually walks up and takes the baby, it just goes poof.
  • Options
    PixiePixie Posts: 24 New Member
    > @enkeli63 said:
    > Pixie wrote: »
    >
    > I've never had a baby taken away yet, but I have noticed that they don't always cry when hungry so you need to feed them regularly regardless of if they are crying or not. Sometimes I get the warning and remember to feed them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wait until I get a warning--why waste food on an object?

I get this is probably a jab at babies being objects, but.. well because it doesn't cost you anything and it is a simulation game. Feeding babies are part of taking care of them. :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah the baby not aging anymore is a glitch. I did find out if a Sim goes in a rocket ship, there is no away thing for the baby, so they can be taken away. I just can't stand babies being objects. But I'm using a mod to give them the illusion of being free now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    > @enkeli63 said:
    >
    > I've never had a baby taken away yet, but I have noticed that they don't always cry when hungry so you need to feed them regularly regardless of if they are crying or not. Sometimes I get the warning and remember to feed them.
    >
    >
    >
    >

I get this is probably a jab at babies being objects, but.. well because it doesn't cost you anything and it is a simulation game. Feeding babies are part of taking care of them. :)
    Blerrgh its another task tht I don't force my sims to do. Instead they grieve upon the graves of their dead babies :) (adorable, right?)
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Has anyone noticed if there is any sort of difference with the baby between breastfeeding and bottle feeding? Is one more nutritious or filling? Do you get a higher relationship starting point with the child when they've aged up if you have breastfed versus bottle? I've only had one baby in game, and I aged it up immediately because I don't need that hassle.

I don't have GTW, but can babies get sick? I think that if you breastfeed the baby, it should have a lower chance of getting sick when it ages up.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    I feed my babies as often as possible, every chance I get, however when they are not hungry the relationship with the person trying to feed them goes down a bit, but a bit of talking and jiggling restores that soon enough.
  • Options
    > @enkeli63 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yeah, I was just kidding with ya! I love the babies, even though they're objects.

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed if there is any sort of difference with the baby between breastfeeding and bottle feeding? Is one more nutritious or filling? Do you get a higher relationship starting point with the child when they've aged up if you have breastfed versus bottle? I've only had one baby in game, and I aged it up immediately because I don't need that hassle.

I don't have GTW, but can babies get sick? I think that if you breastfeed the baby, it should have a lower chance of getting sick when it ages up.

I feel weird saying this, but I think bottle fed babies are more prone to weight issues, but this was before patches improved weight issues and before the message about overfeeding came along--it's possible I overfed a baby if they get fed at daycare. I don't starve the babies for real but I only feed them if they cry and can't be consoled any other way.

OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Babies do age up normally if you wait, When you leave them alone in the home they go to daycare.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    > @Piperbird1 said:
    > Has anyone noticed if there is any sort of difference with the baby between breastfeeding and bottle feeding? Is one more nutritious or filling? Do you get a higher relationship starting point with the child when they've aged up if you have breastfed versus bottle? I've only had one baby in game, and I aged it up immediately because I don't need that hassle.
    >
    > I don't have GTW, but can babies get sick? I think that if you breastfeed the baby, it should have a lower chance of getting sick when it ages up.

Wow, really? Is this really a place where this agenda needs to be pushed?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2015
    MocaJava wrote: »
    > @Piperbird1 said:
    > Has anyone noticed if there is any sort of difference with the baby between breastfeeding and bottle feeding? Is one more nutritious or filling? Do you get a higher relationship starting point with the child when they've aged up if you have breastfed versus bottle? I've only had one baby in game, and I aged it up immediately because I don't need that hassle.
    >
    > I don't have GTW, but can babies get sick? I think that if you breastfeed the baby, it should have a lower chance of getting sick when it ages up.

What agenda? They are discussing the Sims 4 game - it is not an agenda but game play. Where would we discuss this if not here on the EA Sims 4 forums. Your reply makes no sense. Those are all legit and thoughtful gameplay questions players would like to know about.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    > @Piperbird1 said:
    >

I'm not sure what you mean?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png