Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Branches

Please forgive me if this is somewhere on here and has already been asked. I'm doing a somewhat Iron Man challenge and was wondering if the same Sim can do both branches of the career without having to quit and do the whole thing over again?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Eduardx123Eduardx123 Posts: 1,039 Member
    kensgirl73 wrote: »
    Please forgive me if this is somewhere on here and has already been asked. I'm doing a somewhat Iron Man challenge and was wondering if the same Sim can do both branches of the career without having to quit and do the whole thing over again?

Thanks in advance

Only 1 branch per sim
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Even if your sim chooses one branch and quits, then goes back to the same career, they'll pick up on whichever branch they'd originally chosen, so one sim can't ever (without mods or cheats?) complete both branches of the same career.
  • Options
    kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    Oh well that sucks..lol

That's okay because I was going to make it multigenerational so it's all cool. :)
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    It was the same in Sims 3. I sadly let my favourite sim become the Empress of Evil, forgetting that the aura impacted family relationships even :'( I got her lifetime wish and one achievement (the cookies one that needed an Emperor/Empress of Evil to complete) and promptly quit the job. Then she not only couldn't try the thief branch of the career, but she could never go to any job ever again. That sim was permanently broken.

I hope none of the careers in Sims 4 punish you like that for reaching the top. Reaching the top of a career should never punish the player, but two careers in Sims 3 did severely punish the player for reaching the top :s
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.