Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Items removed bug

When my sim goes to her job as a scientist this pops up. It isn't a custom lot or anything, it's the lot that sims go to for their job. I thought there must be some incompatible items so I removed the whole downloads folder but it still says it. I've not bought or placed anything on that lot either.

annoying_zpsbtbxrgka.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    Try repairing the base game, as well as repairing GTW and see if that helps.
    To repair the base game, right click the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair. Then after that is finished, to repair GTW, you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game packs that you own. Right click GTW and click repair.
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    To repair the base game, right click the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair. Then after that is finished, to repair GTW, you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game packs that you own. Right click GTW and click repair.

Thanks, I'll try that. I was thinking I'd try to clear the cache as well.

• Options
    Hello.

Update: repairing the game and the expansiondidn't work. I still get this error when she goes to the lot for the scientist job. /sigh. Wondering, can you delete those lots and install another one? Hrmm, this is something for me to find out :cold_sweat:
  • Options
    Hello.
    Perhaps see if you still get the error when you go to a different career lot in the world. It may be connected to GTW items.
    Perhaps also start a new save file and see if you still get that error if your sims visits the science career in that save file. If you don't get an error, you can enter build mode and upload the lot to your my library and then place it back into your original save game file.
  • Options
    Hello.
    Perhaps see if you still get the error when you go to a different career lot in the world. It may be connected to GTW items.
    Perhaps also start a new save file and see if you still get that error if your sims visits the science career in that save file. If you don't get an error, you can enter build mode and upload the lot to your my library and then place it back into your original save game file.
    I'm not getting it on the other career lots. Just this one. I've saved a new file and it still did it. Also did it with custom content removed. It's so weird.

• Options
    Rythan52Rythan52 Posts: 2 New Member
    This just started happening to me as well... Its been a week since I started playing Get to Work, and it literally just appeared 2 days ago, and also only on the Scientist Career lot. At first I thought it was because I deleted some CC, but then I started reading people have been having this issue a lot.

Also I have fallen victim to the mail bug, I was wondering why I never got my reward for easter egg completion... =(
  • Options
    pkdrubepkdrube Posts: 3 New Member
    I got it today as well.
  • Options
    pkdrube wrote: »
    I got it today as well.

Hello @pkdrube .
    If it is a build that you downloaded from the Gallery, it may contain items from packs or CC that you don't own.

If that isn't the cause of the issue, try repairing the base game, as well as repairing any other EP or Game packs that you own and see if that helps.
    To repair the base game, right click the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair. Then after that is finished, to repair the EPs and game packs, you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game packs that you own. Right click each of them and click repair.
    Also, deleting the localthumbcache.package that is in your Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder may help.

• Options
    I got it today as well.

Hello @pkdrube .
    If it is a build that you downloaded from the Gallery, it may contain items from packs or CC that you don't own.

If that isn't the cause of the issue, try repairing the base game, as well as repairing any other EP or Game packs that you own and see if that helps.
    To repair the base game, right click the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair. Then after that is finished, to repair the EPs and game packs, you need to click the sims 4 picture, then click the little "i" button that is next to the play button, and that will take you to a screen that shows the Eps/game packs that you own. Right click each of them and click repair.
    Also, deleting the localthumbcache.package that is in your Documents-Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder may help.

I deleted the thumbcache, repaired all the games and it's still doing that. It's doing that without mods in and it's not a custom lot. It's the lot that sims go to for the scientist career.

• Options
    I got it today as well.

Hello @pkdrube .

I deleted the thumbcache, repaired all the games and it's still doing that. It's doing that without mods in and it's not a custom lot. It's the lot that sims go to for the scientist career.

Perhaps when you play the game, instead of pressing the play button where the sims 4 picture is in Origin, click the little "i" button that is beside it and that will take you to the screen where the eps that you own are listed. Press the play button where the GTW section is instead. It may solve issue because the science career lot came with GTW.
  • Options
    piratezevelynpiratezevelyn Posts: 100 Member
    I had the same problem I don't know what was removed except my poor pregnant sim isn't pregnant anymore. :(
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited May 2015
    I've seen that message for my scientist twice, both times when she returned from work. Yet, on all the other days nothing happened. I'm absolutely sure it is an in game item that has to do with the scientist career, I just don't know what. I haven't really payed attention to it, I happened once and then it happened again a long time after that.

All I can say is, it's gonna be hard to find out what causes it, since scientist tend to have loads of things in their inventories. Unless it's (as @piratezevelyn says) unborn babies... My sim has been abducted by aliens twice, although, I don't remember these messages coming up after that, they appear to be random (which they probably aren't, I just can't say what causes it).

My guess is it's a cloned item, serum or plant, probably, but then again, it has been happening to some of you when you go to work, rather than when you go home.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr