Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Life Stages!

Maybe this would be an idea for Sims 5 rather than 4, I'm not sure how hard it would be to add extra life stages. But this is something I've wanted since Sims 2... preschool age children and two stages of teens!

You know, teaching a toddler to talk, reading them books, doing arts and crafts, maybe even an intervative preschool! Possibly adult or teen sims getting tense moodlets from teaching them.

I've also always felt teens were kind of lacking. There's a big difference between a 13 year old and a 17 year old, even though they're both considered teen. It'd also be a way to fix that annoying "teens being as tall as every other life stage" thing. The older teens can stay that height, and younger teens will be slightly taller than the children. They (hopefully) won't be able to play around in bed behind the backs of their parents, but I can see a lot of fun moodlets and interactions for them. "Sad, starting middle school can be tough!" and they could go through mood swings (oh man, I went through a lot of those at that age) Kind of like when teens woke up on the wrong side of bed in sims 3. They should also have the occasional ability to try things that their older teen siblings do, usually ending in failure.

Lets not forget about those older teens though, bringing back curfew and the ability to sneak out, going to driving lessons, doing school projects (and getting moodlets based on how they did) and school dances!

I'd also like to see the dating aspect of both of them. Maybe for younger teens you'd [b]have[/b] to ask permission before you go, and it'd be based on how you're doing in school, while older teens can just sneak out with their boy or girlfriend. And a different set of objectives for the dates of each life stage. Younger teens would be holding hands, trying to cuddle while watching a movie, etc. Hopefully they'll even get a little nervous and back out of those things. As for the older teens, maybe paying for your partners dinner or making them dinner, introducing them to your parents, or making out on the couch (you know how teens are!)

Oh, and pimples. Please bring back pimples.

Comments

• Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I agree. Really interesting! :)
  • Options
    Mirella DachevaMirella Dacheva Posts: 28 Member
    Amazing idea!
  • Options
    WoefulFewWoefulFew Posts: 230 Member
    In addition to what you said,I would like a stage between toddler and child. To me it always felt a bit odd in ts2 and ts3 the jump from dependent wobbly tot to independent 8 year old.
    This is how I think the stages before young adult should be
    Stage 1: Baby
    Stage 2: Toddler (18 months to 2 years 11 months)
    Stage 3: Preschool age (3-5 years)
    Stage 4: Child (6-9)
    Stage 5: Preteen (10-12)
    Stage 6: Young teen (13-15)
    Stage 7: Teen (16-19)
  • Options
    MICROWAVESAFTYDISHMICROWAVESAFTYDISH Posts: 311 Member
    @WoefulFew that's a very good idea it's kinder reminding me of The Sims Free To Play a bit and the other they should include one up from elder is Senior
    Origin ID: killer6618
    Australian Sims Fan
    Loves Collecting Sims Games
    Just add me on origin

loves collecting and playing sims games
  • Options
    WoefulFewWoefulFew Posts: 230 Member
    @WoefulFew that's a very good idea it's kinder reminding me of The Sims Free To Play a bit and the other they should include one up from elder is Senior
    Thanks, I was basing it on Erik Erikson's theory of psychosocial development.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    They couldn't even give us all of the basic sim lifestages.... I highly doubt we are going to get toddlers plus older toddlers plus a few different kinds of teens...
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    They couldn't even give us all of the basic sim lifestages.... I highly doubt we are going to get toddlers plus older toddlers plus a few different kinds of teens...

We can dream at least :p
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    merryb38merryb38 Posts: 64 Member
    Would like toddlers back at least.
  • Options
    BeccaluvstoplayBeccaluvstoplay Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2015
    To be honest I read somewhere that the Sim Techs, since day one on the S1, have had imagined and had the S4 concept already in mind. Meaning that they have been preparing up for the the "S4" since day one of the beginning or start of the S1 to eventually make their golden star Sim game, the S4; if any of that made sense. So basically what I'm saying is that I highly doubt they are even thinking about designing a S5 game. But you do have some very valuable and exciting points and ideas☺️
  • Options
    KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2017
    BUMP! (Meant to write in an old thread so fuzz off)

I want more life stages to make aging slower and realistic. My main concern is the child-teen jump but the toddler-child and the adult-elder jump is somewhat odd.

Toddler: 22 months to 3 years
    Child: 8-10 years
    Teen: 16-19 years
    YA: 21-36yrs
    Adult: Late 30 to late 40s
    Elder: 70-99 years

If we added these in:

YC (Young child, like young adult. Shorter and smaller version of child): 5-7
    Preteen: 11-15 (This can be a preteen/young or early teen hybrid life stage)

This is something I'd like to see either this year or next year. Maybe they could be added in a life stage add on pack or generations Ep (YA life stage was added in Sims 2 Univeristy).
    Post edited by KlumsyKate on
  • Options
    LordRocco1840LordRocco1840 Posts: 5 New Member
    Tottaly agreed I was thinking the same thing, Sims age too fast even when you make there lifespan lont
  • Options
    This should be the ages, in my opinion :)
    Baby (0-1)
    Toddler (1-3)
    Preschool age (3-5)
    Young child (5-6)
    Child (6-9)
    Preteen (9-13)
    Young teen (13-16)
    Older teen (16-18)
    Young Adult (18-28)
    adult (28-58)
    Older Adult (58-88)
    Senior (88+)
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'm happy with the life stages as is......if people want ones added, then it should be an option you can turn on and off.
  • Options
    Saltysea21Saltysea21 Posts: 182 Member
    [quote="Bear31;c-15919458"]I'm happy with the life stages as is......if people want ones added, then it should be an option you can turn on and off.[/quote]

Yeah I don't mind the life stages we have right now either. But I would like to see more interactions for teens and children like in generations in sims 3. And it would make it more interesting to have a younger teen and older teen as well
    This is one corner… of one country, in one continent, on one planet that’s a corner of a galaxy that’s a corner of a universe that is forever growing and shrinking and creating and destroying and never remaining the same for a single millisecond. And there is so much, so much to see.
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Saltysea21 wrote: »
    Bear31 wrote: »
    I'm happy with the life stages as is......if people want ones added, then it should be an option you can turn on and off.

Yeah I don't mind the life stages we have right now either. But I would like to see more interactions for teens and children like in generations in sims 3. And it would make it more interesting to have a younger teen and older teen as well

I just don't see the need for younger/older teens though. I mean yeah, we have a young adult and adult.....which have been needing to be revamped for a while now to make young adult more distinctive. I mean aside from hair and clothing styles, it's not much different. Adding in a younger teen stage, for me, would only be beneficial if there was something that set them apart from both child and teen. I honestly feel like if they added those in, people would want activities and specific styles for them and rightly so. However, anything that you come up with either child or teen can do as well. So where's the uniqueness? Where's the something special that one life stage can do that the one before it (and after it) can not?
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    The idea is interesting, but in the end, I'm fine with the usual life stages (though there are a few things that need some work). The one problem I could see happening with added life stages is a matter of time. Normal life span usual equates a sim day to a real life year (or something along those lines), so these life stages would only last a couple days. Can you imagine the number of birthday parties? Not to say anything of the specific age-related goals, which would have to be significantly easier (not so interesting) or paired among a couple life stages.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I would like there to be a life stage after death based upon your karma... if you're bad then you have to live your next life as one of those lumpy, triangle-headed chipmunks in the game. If you're good... then you can ascend to become a sims mutant with psionic powers or unlock some other ability like electro-shock fingers or adamantium teeth to bite off the noses of vampires.
  • Options
    KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    We need something between toddler and child and child and teen. That toddler to child gap is a bit odd.
  • Options
    PLEASE EAR ADD MORE LIFE STAGES PLEASE everyone all over the web wants them so much
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i totaly agree with this idea even if i am a player that keeps aging off would be nice to have more age options in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    What can these ages do that can't already be accomplished?

Developmentally, what is so significant about a preteen compared to a child? What's the difference between a toddler with maxed skills and a preschooler?

Besides the height difference, what separates a young teen from a teen?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    What can these ages do that can't already be accomplished?

Developmentally, what is so significant about a preteen compared to a child? What's the difference between a toddler with maxed skills and a preschooler?

Besides the height difference, what separates a young teen from a teen?

We've been that question over and over to the people who asked the question but you all choose not hear it that's on you all. Plus this thread is dead thread that got reopened.
  • Options
    NicoleamdeNicoleamde Posts: 2 New Member
    This is my opinion on life stages that should be added. (note I play sims 3 so I would appreciate it if they added these to that to). my first idea is that with these extra life stages the normal life span for a sim should be increased to 100 days and there should also be an option to forgo these life stages in the options menu they should label the option extra detailed ageing or something like that. If it is opted out a normal life span would be 90 days. I came by this thread by googling about life stages to add for sims I read the comets and now I am adding my thoughts and Ideas about life stages. I told you the google part to explain why I am entering this in a sims 4 idea forum when I am sort of coming up with these ideas with sims 3 in mind. That being said I have seen you tubers play sims 4 and will try my best to make suggestions on how to make these ideas work for sims 4 as well.

so the first thing is that the baby stage should be separated in to two categories instead although the baby would change this would be a sub stages there go no birthday between them instead they would have a "growth spirt". The first stage would be newborn and it would last one day, in this stage the baby would be just like they are now. The second sub stage would just be called baby and would last 3 days. There would be two categories of goals for this life stage the first one is movement first the parent(s) would help the baby learn to sit up and then they would be able to supervise tummy time to teach the baby to crawl (since sims 4 toddlers already know how to walk this would be when they learn how to walk to, maybe the sitting up stage should be skipped for sims 4 to make up for this). The second life stage category should be talking now firstly the parent would teach to "talk" (by "talk" I just mean babble or baby talk), then they would have option to teach first word. (I am not sure if toddlers in sim 4 can already talk if so then this would be the stage were they learn it maybe skip the first word lesson for sims 4 if so). These lesson I don't think shouldn't be necessary to the ageing up well as a toddler but instead give them a head start to learning toddler skills and some life time happiness points as well. As I was typing this I came up with a way for sims to give them a boost in potty training as well after the baby knows how to sit up, when you are selected on the parent and press on the toilet you would have an option that says "demonstrate using toilet for..." the parent would the selected toddler then and set them on the floor next to the potty and use the toilet once this is done 3 times the bar will be filled and the baby will have on bar level filled when they are a toddler.

Then there would be a preschool stage. I am not sure exactly how long this should last but anyway the rewards for completing the goals in this stage would be reward traits. (specific rewards traits that can only be gained as preschoolers for completing goals not regular reward traits) There would be two options for them completing the goals either the parent teaches the toddler themselves or they pay for them to go to preschool. As with the baby stage I am going to split the goals up into categories but unlike when they are babies these goals don't have to bein any particular order. The first category is academic the goals are to teach to count to ten and teach ABC's the reward trait for completing these goals is the "head start" reward trait witch would make them have an easier time in school. The next goal would be to have so many hours of supervised play time completing this goal would give the child "social advantage" reward trait witch would help them make friends faster and also maybe a charisma skill point as well.

The third life stage I think should be added is a preteen life stage. Again not Shure how long this should last but people who read this making suggestions based off my description on what goes into this life stage would be appreciated. I think the reward for having good grade in this stage should be starting off with a B as a teen. As far as ways they interact differently I think they should be able to be romantic with other preteens but they would get in trouble for it if an adult is within a certain distance of the unless their the adult is in a separate room. They would also have the option to flirt with teens but would always be rejected by teens and would get a negative moodlet from this.

Now my next two ideas are not different life stages per say but do help fill gaps in between life stages. So my first idea is for kids and teens to have growth spirts. Meaning kids and teens would have variation in height depending on how close they are to ageing up. When a kid or teen reaches a growth spirt they will get a positive "got taller" moodlet. My next idea is for adults to have ageing stages the first one being "first grey hair" and they would get a little grey streak in there hair. The second would be grey spreading and they would then have several grey hairs. The third would be gone grey and there hair would be grey. At each ageing stage they would get a negative "feeling old" moodlet. EA should however also add an option for them to buy hair dye which should either effect the severity and/or the time the moodlet last.
  • Options
    NicoleamdeNicoleamde Posts: 2 New Member
    one more note on my previous comment. The kid and teen life stage should start out labeled as kid1/ teen1 and the number should go up each time they hit a growth spirt (read the last paragraph of my previous comment to understand what I mean by this) have the number go up one. same thing for adults and the ageing system. (again read the last paragraph of my previous comment to understand what I mean by this). They should also have the option for these to be select in create a sim.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top