Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Won't perform tasks in hospital

I just leveled up my sim enough so I'm able to do surgery, but every time I select it, my sim and the patient just sit there. I can't get them to go into the operating area. I've also noticed this once after I diagnosed a patient, and when I attempted to do the treatment, she just wouldn't move. Again, both my sim and the patient just kept staring at each other.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    lynnh68 wrote: »
    I just leveled up my sim enough so I'm able to do surgery, but every time I select it, my sim and the patient just sit there. I can't get them to go into the operating area. I've also noticed this once after I diagnosed a patient, and when I attempted to do the treatment, she just wouldn't move. Again, both my sim and the patient just kept staring at each other.

What is the speed of your processor and how much RAM does your video card have? I have been reading Sims in the TS4 stand around more or won't go do something if these are too low and don't meet the recommended system requirements. But I also have a Sim in a home lot who just stands all the time. I could just zap her. She lives with seven other Sims and is a neat Sim. It's like she just stands forever not moving and I think it is because her needs are full, she really doesn't care about her whims, and just waiting one someone to put down a plate somewhere even when they are not eating. It can be very annoying.

My Sims at the police station are now starting to wave their arms (since the patch) they can't take prisoners out of the cell to search etc. Like they are blocked, I couldn't fill their duties a few times because of this.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lynnh68lynnh68 Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't think it's a issue of specs. Having the option to do surgery recently appeared for my sim. Does a doctor need to be present, too? My doctor is flaky and rarely works. Maybe that's the problem?