Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims do eat what they buy at bakeries!!

So I own a bakery & corner store I also put out baked goods for people to try. One day my Sim sat down to eat some pie with the customers and as I was watching them talk I noticed the man take his carrot cake he bought and started eating it so people will actual eat the purchases if they stay their for long enough just a little thing I noticed.
2im83z4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    When they ate from my freezers in one bakery I had, they didn't actually pay for it. I'm not sure why the game didn't register that it was for sale. I set everything for sale in that bakery. The just went to a cooler and pulled it out and ate it. One guy got a whole cake ($58) for free. I think what might have happened was I moved some stuff from the bakery looking display to the cooler (stand up) looking cooler. Then some people paid and some got stuff for free. But if you go there as a shopper your Sim can't eat there, you have to take it outside. Because when your Sim is shopping the inventory won't allow you to take it out of inventory. You have to leave the lot to a public space then eat it. It's a hit and miss and annoying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    When they ate from my freezers in one bakery I had, they didn't actually pay for it. I'm not sure why the game didn't register that it was for sale. I set everything for sale in that bakery. The just went to a cooler and pulled it out and ate it. One guy got a whole cake ($58) for free. I think what might have happened was I moved some stuff from the bakery looking display to the cooler (stand up) looking cooler. Then some people paid and some got stuff for free. But if you go there as a shopper your Sim can't eat there, you have to take it outside. Because when your Sim is shopping the inventory won't allow you to take it out of inventory. You have to leave the lot to a public space then eat it. It's a hit and miss and annoying.

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at the fact that a sim took a whole $58 worth of cake for free. :tongue:
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    Yes, it was a chocolate cake or maybe strawberry. Some Sims actually paid for it, and some others took the cake. I think if they buy something and eat it there it's a bug because they have said no, Sims won't eat what they buy. So, I guess my Sims figured out how to steal it to eat it. Oh, those crazy Sims. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I think unless you want sims taking food from the warmer (fridge looking thing) for free it's best to leave it behind a lock (mod) or in a doorless room. I don't know how it works exactly, I just know that's where things get restocked from and so you need the things in there set for sale in the fridge display thing or else it's free. I don't own this expansion, this is just what I think from what I've read.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I don't have a fridge warmer :| It may be a bug though.
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    0Chloe wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I laughed out loud at the fact that a sim took a whole $58 worth of cake for free. :tongue:

• Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    I laughed as wel!!! I pictued Cinebar writing this with a serious and shocked expression LOL!!!. These Sims are crazy, they're doing whatever the plum they want. Walking every where they want, not working and stealing $58 chocolate cakes!!! EA needs to get these sims back under control.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    The same thing would happen in Sims 2. If the Sim was hungry enough and you had single plates for sale, they would purchase it and then shortly there after sit down at a table and eat it. Sounds like for Sims 4 it's similar, but there needs to be something to initiate it. But it's a bi-product feature- it's not something they "worked on". It's no different if your Sim was home and you put a single slice in their inventory. when they get hungry they'll sit down and eat it.
  • Options
    Conclue wrote: »
    The same thing would happen in Sims 2. If the Sim was hungry enough and you had single plates for sale, they would purchase it and then shortly there after sit down at a table and eat it. Sounds like for Sims 4 it's similar, but there needs to be something to initiate it. But it's a bi-product feature- it's not something they "worked on". It's no different if your Sim was home and you put a single slice in their inventory. when they get hungry they'll sit down and eat it.

Yes, but they have answered No, these Sims can not sit down and eat what they buy in your bakery etc. If they do, I believe it's a bug which I wish would take over and they would all sit and eat after they buy something. It's programmed that they don't.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    When my sim buys from the bakery I click on the food and it don't give the option to eat is this normal?
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, but they have answered No, these Sims can not sit down and eat what they buy in your bakery etc. If they do, I believe it's a bug which I wish would take over and they would all sit and eat after they buy something. It's programmed that they don't.
    EA say alot of things
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    The same thing would happen in Sims 2. If the Sim was hungry enough and you had single plates for sale, they would purchase it and then shortly there after sit down at a table and eat it.
    The difference is that nothing sims purchase in TS4 goes into their inventories. They can't eat what they purchased because they never even "had" it.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    0Chloe wrote: »

Me too LOL