Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hey! Don't go spending the simoleons, kid!

So I'm playing my legacy family (generation 4), when suddenly I hear the money sound effect (like when a Sim goes to cook something), but the amount on the screen was $1000! I paused and searched the lot to see who spent $1000, and on what. I found one of the teens on the computer; she was making a $1000 donation to some silly charity. After I unpaused and she finished on the computer, I got a thank you message on the screen. I've never had a Sim autonomously make a donation before. This kid is gloomy and insane, and she was not sad at the time. I have no idea what prompted her to do this. I've had lots of insane Sims (it runs in the family), and some gloomy ones (also runs in the family), and none of them have ever done this. Not even my good Sims have done this autonomously , though they do get the whim to make a donation. I do hope this does not become a problem. It's a large family, and I can't watch them all at once.

Comments

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    do you use mods ?
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Oh my! And that's not a small donation either (well, it wouldn't be for my sims family, they'd end up broke).

Did dad go do an angry poop when he found out? :D

Shame we don't have lockable doors, you could lock that teen out of the computer room as punishment.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Mayb she donated to wht she thought was a good cause.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    Mayb she donated to wht she thought was a good cause.

Justin Simber Foundation. XD
    (Just kidding. No hard feelings!) :#
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Maybe its the insane trait
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Happy mood makes Sims in TS4 do a lot of things.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Shame we don't have lockable doors, you could lock that teen out of the computer room as punishment.

Or lock her in.... >:)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    The only mod I have is no more culling.

I don't think it's the insane trait. Her grandfather, mother, aunt, and first cousin are all insane and never did anything like that. Who knows. Mysterious are the ways of Sims. Wish I could remember what charity it was. At least it didn't hurt the family budget any.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I thought only sims with good trait would donate? I would make her get a part time job to pay for the donation. or sell some of her stuff to pay it off. That will teach her!
  • Options
    SimplyEnchantedSimplyEnchanted Posts: 221 Member
    Uh oh! Maybe the good trait and she thought she was doing a good deed? Either way, what a bummer! I keep worrying that the sims showing up in my other family's bookstore is going to be broke when I go play their lot because they're spending money like mad.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I've never had that happen! :o

I did have a child come into my bakery shop (where I also sell other items) and he bought an Easter egg for $12. I didn't know kids could buy stuff on their own w/o a parent.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2015
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

I did have a child come into my bakery shop (where I also sell other items) and he bought an Easter egg for $12. I didn't know kids could buy stuff on their own w/o a parent.
    A kid also came into my sims Art Gallery/Gnome shop and bought a gnome. At least they buy things that would make sense for a kid to buy.. kind of :/

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »

I don't think it's the insane trait. Her grandfather, mother, aunt, and first cousin are all insane and never did anything like that. Who knows. Mysterious are the ways of Sims. Wish I could remember what charity it was. At least it didn't hurt the family budget any.
    While I sympathize with your situation, and it could be potentially financially threatening to a Legacy family, in particular, I do find moments like this a bit of fun. I do wish things of this nature would happen in my families from time to time. Just to shake things up a bit. (Sometimes, after reading posts like this, I think I'm playing a completely different game.)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    So I'm playing my legacy family (generation 4), when suddenly I hear the money sound effect (like when a Sim goes to cook something), but the amount on the screen was $1000! I paused and searched the lot to see who spent $1000, and on what. I found one of the teens on the computer; she was making a $1000 donation to some silly charity. After I unpaused and she finished on the computer, I got a thank you message on the screen. I've never had a Sim autonomously make a donation before. This kid is gloomy and insane, and she was not sad at the time. I have no idea what prompted her to do this. I've had lots of insane Sims (it runs in the family), and some gloomy ones (also runs in the family), and none of them have ever done this. Not even my good Sims have done this autonomously , though they do get the whim to make a donation. I do hope this does not become a problem. It's a large family, and I can't watch them all at once.

I feel your pain. My teens keep trying to purchase retail lots. It's annoying, considering the screen suddenly loads to the map view every time they do it. Glad they aren't donating $1000 a pop though. Mind you, one family could stand to lose some of their simoleans.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2015
    Autonomously purchasing big things? That should be a no-no.

We need more autonomy settings.

Off: Nothing except death and motive failure.
    Low: Only skilling in things they've already done before.
    Medium: Standard socialization and new skills.
    High: Life-changing things and big purchases can be done autonomously.

I'd love to have a toggle that stops my sims from skilling if they have not built any skills for that department at all. I like to create my sims personalities, and having a self-assured snob perfectionist with gaming skills really irks me.

I like it when they gravitate toward objects they're already skilled in though. I really like that aspect.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited April 2015
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

A kid also came into my sims Art Gallery/Gnome shop and bought a gnome. At least they buy things that would make sense for a kid to buy.. kind of :/

Alexander Goth came to my electronic shop and bought a 10000$ Ghostwriter PC.
    Snobby rich kids... ;)
  • Options
    MissBMissB Posts: 323 Member
    I thought this was a normal thing. My sims with the good trait usually make donations to charity without me directing them... I don't mind it, it's for a good cause and it's easy to make money in this game.
    Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go play sims.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    That's a generous Sim. I do like micro managing large families I admit, so the pause button comes in handy with the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LexypotatoLexypotato Posts: 27 New Member
    woow my sim won't even flirt with a boy after being friends since forever. Don't think she'd ever make a money deposit like that, and their freaking loaded :P
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    Wow...that's...no. That's annoying. I've never had this happen, but I enjoy playing legacy families where money can be really tight. If I found my Sims wasting it like that, I'd be so irritated!
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I'd hate that to happen in my game :confounded:
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Fortunately they had about $25,000 simoleons on hand, but if she keeps doing stuff like this, it could be a problem. Again, she's not "good"; she's insane and gloomy (and now an art lover, as she has become a YA).
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Agreed, not sure I understand why this happend with the traits you mention. In my legacy, my good sims have done this and I was angry enough about 100 dollars. I then let them give regularly at smaller amounts and that seemed to reduce the autonomous interaction, though it could be - I just got lucky. I've had plenty of gloomy but not good sims in the legacy and it never happened. The insane branch didn't last that long, so I can't comment.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited April 2015
    @MsPhy

ok, then indeed those are the moments to savor in TS4 cause those are very rare & precious - sims showing some personality :)

if only TS4 sims could behave that way in at least 50% of their time being sims
    but now they spend up to 90% just chatting, waiving. wishing for 1x1 pool & changing seats :open_mouth:

so congratulations to you for having a unique sim in your game
    don't be too stingy, she deserves it
    you should upload her to the Gallery :smiley:

& i think that's the insane trait
    the insane are supposed to change their personality
    so she probably changed it to good in that moment
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA