Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So my game kinda broke on me tonight

Vampyfan2Vampyfan2 Posts: 517 Member
I was transferring my books from one bookshelf, into my sim's inventory, then into a new bookshelf. I noticed that when I tried transferring the level 2 cook book, it was blacked out, but my cursor was still holding the book. I trick click on other things, and nothing would happen. I tried making my sims do any kind of action, and nothing would happen. I tried speeding up time, slowing down time, I heard the noises, but nothing happened. My sims became immobile but the graphics were still going...as if my sims had no free will and were stuck. Now I'm trying to exit and save my game, and it's stuck on "saving" but the graphics behind the "saving" are still going and the time is going by, yet my sims are still immobile. I am not too happy. I hadn't saved in about an hour, and there's no auto save. I'll record a video to show here in a bit. So annoyed.
Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I get a glitch were I get stuck transfering items from the inventory. The more I try to fix it or ignore it, the worse it gets. Now I just restart my game as soon as it happens. I hope your game save and it does not happen again!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    You are likely going have to reset your sim. This should cancel out all gueued commands and reset your sim. To reset your sim: Open the cheat window and type in resetsim <Sim's first name last name>. :/
  • Options
    I get a glitch were I get stuck transfering items from the inventory. The more I try to fix it or ignore it, the worse it gets. Now I just restart my game as soon as it happens. I hope your game save and it does not happen again!

I hope it saved too :( I'm uploading a video right now of the issue to show everybody (and hopefully catch EA's attention) of what's going on.

• Options

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    You are likely going have to reset your sim. This should cancel out all gueued commands and reset your sim. To reset your sim: Open the cheat window and type in resetsim <Sim's first name last name>. :/

I couldn't do anything at all. I tried resetsim before I tried saving. It was weird.

• Options
    Nothing saved. My child sim is a baby once again and my house renovations don't exist either. I think I'll go play another game while I mourn the loss of my progress, lol.

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    If this happens, save, exit the game so sims is all closed and fire it back up and load your save. I had this a few times trying to sell harvestables from sims inventories, fruit would get stuck on the cursor and couldn't sell it or anything. A restart seemed to fix it.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Just caught your video of the problem. You should definitely try resetting your sim. Now as for stuck items, I had one of those little treasure chests that the MySims Trophies come in get stuck the same way the other day. I was able to get it unstuck by having my sim travel to another lot. You should try doing this to see if that book get unstuck, once you are able to free your sim. :/
  • Options
    Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    If this happens, save, exit the game so sims is all closed and fire it back up and load your save. I had this a few times trying to sell harvestables from sims inventories, fruit would get stuck on the cursor and couldn't sell it or anything. A restart seemed to fix it.

This happens to me sometimes but with anything in my sims inventory. I exit the game quickly after saving. I have to close completely out of the game and come back in, then it's fine.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Try turning down your game settings since your objects were black sounds like a graphic problem to me or too many things running in background quite honestly.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    I feel your pain of not saving. Made that mistake WAY too many times in "Sims 3". I now save after exiting build mode or if I gain a skill, etc. I'll mourn your loss as well :(
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    You didn't by any chance have easter eggs in your inventory, did you?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Try turning down your game settings since your objects were black sounds like a graphic problem to me or too many things running in background quite honestly.

Never had issues with my graphics. I have a pretty solid build, so I wouldn't expect gameplay issues. Also had nothing else running in the background.
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    You didn't by any chance have easter eggs in your inventory, did you?

Nope, no Easter Eggs.