Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Any Better?

I stopped playing sims 4 about a week before the February 26th patch. Has it gotten any better? I've been playing 3 and am immensely satisfied, but I find myself missing certain parts of 4...I wish there were a way to mix the two! The reasons I stopped playing were because of broken emotions, traits not making a difference, relationships not being made at work and school, and no story progression from households that I wasn't currently playing. Has any of that been improved?
"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best sims game ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    No. It hasn't.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I stopped playing sims 4 about a week before the February 26th patch. Has it gotten any better? I've been playing 3 and am immensely satisfied, but I find myself missing certain parts of 4...I wish there were a way to mix the two! The reasons I stopped playing were because of broken emotions, traits not making a difference, relationships not being made at work and school, and no story progression from households that I wasn't currently playing. Has any of that been improved?

There is some sp now, and there's also a mod for it too. And since GTW came out I haven't stopped playing, so maybe you should check that out. ;)
  • Options
    SimpleIntoxicationSimpleIntoxication Posts: 282 Member
    @colton147 I've read you say that over and over for the last few months xD its not really a valid answer to my question though lol
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    I've read you say that over and over for the last few months xD its not really a valid answer to my question though lol

It is much better than previous Sims games. ;)
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member

Now sims can meet friends at school and work. Sims in households you do not play now get jobs. A new, very powerful basement tool has been added. Bugs, like sims taking too long to eat, have been fixed.

Emotions are the same, as far as I can tell. If you don't mind mods, this radically improves things: http://modthesims.info/d/544813 I use the No Good Surroundings version. Sims no longer get positive moodlets from decór and nice objects whicxh normally cancell out trait-related moodlets. Now Hot-Headed sims are often angry and Gloomy sims are more frequently sad. It is compatible with the latest patch, I can tell you firsthand.

Sims in households you do not play will not get married or have kids. I personally use the tool Manage Households to make that happen. It's easy and fast and you do not have to play these households. But, no it is not automatic and depends on you actually doing, no matter how easy it it to do.

I hope that helps you decide.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Nope, to me it hasn't. They've added a few new things though, like different colored makeup (it's essentially still the same), two new hairs, and you can now paint family portraits/from reference.

Emotions are still broken, family tree gets axed at a certain generation, new bugs, same old bugs etc.
  • Options
    sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    Emotions are alright, some traits are useless or a clear disadvantage.
    As for building relationships at work/school I'm not sure, since there is still no story progression all characters who don't live in a house are unemployed and all npcs don't build relationships until you start to act.
    Sims 3 had many things right, but I do enjoy the 4th even with all the issues. I just hope they'll try to fix them in time.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Nope, to me it hasn't. They've added a few new things though, like different colored makeup (it's essentially still the same), two new hairs, and you can now paint family portraits/from reference.

Emotions are still broken, family tree gets axed at a certain generation, new bugs, same old bugs etc.
    They've also added basements and paint from reference option.
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

There is some sp now, and there's also a mod for it too. And since GTW came out I haven't stopped playing, so maybe you should check that out. ;)

I have read that simmers who declared themselves very unpleased with The Sims 4 very much change their minds after Get To Work. A simmer called @Cinebar has written some reviews and comments where she says as much. I don't know her to speak on her behalf, but, hopefully, you can read her comments on the Get To Work feedback section or contact her. I hope my mentioning her is not bothersome.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Still, thank the lord for Skyrim.

Steam have removed the mod size limit - so half gigabyte mods are moving across from the Nexus - I got that bandit one - OBIZ or something like that.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited April 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is going to be one of the best sims game ever made when expansions, stuff packs, and game packs start rolling out like a stampede of flying buffaloes wielding flaming chainsaws and spiked whips.

mlfw7960_small.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    \mlfw7960_small.jpg

oh-stop-you-make-me-blush.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited April 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    \mlfw7960_small.jpg