Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kudos for Get to work

Comments

• Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    I never bought a TS3 world because they weren't connected and because I had already spend weeks fitting all EPs' content in Sunset Valley to suddenly have to overhaul a new world.

Being that all TS4 worlds are connected, I might consider buying one now. I feel cramped.
  • Options
    kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I agree with you guys about the missing details, but I think that they were able to fit in the retail and the careers, is better than Ambitions imo. I was kinda disappointed with Ambitions like the detective was so repetitive and had no purpose, you just hid on trash and collect things around the world, no real coworkers or a work place or putting sims in jail, etc. And Ambitions had no retail system.

I think could be better the details of retail but I prefer that they squeezed in together with the careers. So everybody can have something (not everybody likes careers). Another thing, they also put aliens and lots of gameplay with them. I think gameplay interaction wise this is a very complex EP, and maybe some parts like retail and other details were left unpolished. But, as they showed they can change things through patch (if they added basements, pools, ghosts, etc, I think they can change sims queing up for paying etc). But it won't happen now for sure, so I see why you guys are complaining. For me I don't care because I HATED the lines in sims 2 OFB and the quitting workers because they wanted raise 24/7. On the other hand, I miss a bigger business district like Bluewaters in OFB, because is just too small to feel like a retail place, Magnolia Promenade. Also miss the changing booths in OFB, but I like that we can craft anything and sell, and also fish and put fish to sell. So some things were downgrade without polishing but some others improved imo. In OFB you couldn't put any clothes on mannequins and display, it had 2 mannequins.

I think Get to Work is one of the best EPs for the Sims franchise in terms of content (I play since sims 1). And one of few I was really excited about. But is def not the best and def has flaws and lazying cutting corners.

Yes. This is better than Ambitions by far, I don't think I ever tried the detective one in Ambitions because it seemed so silly, plus I hated that you had to befriend people before asking them questions. By doing careers and retail, they are at least able to satisfy two different "types", and to be honest I think that the Career one is surprisingly good! I agree that they have cut corners on this, but tbh I kinda expected very little so I was pleasantly surprised :D
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I never bought a TS3 world because they weren't connected and because I had already spend weeks fitting all EPs' content in Sunset Valley to suddenly have to overhaul a new world.

Being that all TS4 worlds are connected, I might consider buying one now. I feel cramped.
    Have fun paying $5 for 10 lots.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Thank you for wishing me fun. :)

I really hope it's $5. That would be cheap. I'd add a few more, for that price, I suppose.

I thought TS3 worlds were overpriced.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm thinking about giving up on TS4 and going back to TS3 and buying all the stuff I don't have before they close the store. I love the graphics in TS4 and the ease of forming relationships, but it's missing something.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I'm interested in the careers but not so much the retail part of it. The only thing I want retail for is my freelance painters and authors. I want them to be able to open bookstores and galleries featuring their work.

I haven't bought the EP though. I struggle so hard with the world design that I just can't pay full price for the EPs or GPs. If they put them on sale, I'll buy.
  • Options
    NaiaNaia Posts: 117 Member
    Yesterday downloaded Get To Work, opened retail shop and it's getting a little monotonic (but it's probably just for me lol) will try scientist career later.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I love GTW. I have been an simmer since The Sims 2 base game was released and I have bought every EP of every game since. I don't always do the stuff packs and I rarely buy DLC. However, the last time I got PEPS was the Sims 2 Apartment Life...which was pre-TS3. I honestly do not like the Sims 3 or any of the EPs. None of them made me excited or made me want to play them more than once.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member

I really hope it's $5. That would be cheap.I'd add a few more, for that price, I suppose.

You're... You're joking. Right?

All of these worlds with a lot more lots that are for free in TS3 are overpriced?

http://thesimscatalog.com/product-category/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-worlds/
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »
    I like GTW only for the stores and some furniture but I wonder, how long will people be so happy with GTW? Outside of running your own shop the active careers don't seem to have much long term game play, which is a shame.

I completely disagree. I have found the more they advance in the job, the more that unlocks, things you can do outside the job, tasks within the job, and more difficult to get a promotion just like the regular careers, keeping me on my toes and constantly enjoying everything thrown my way as new things unlock. I've only been working on one career so far, but after only a few days, I'm completely hooked and absolutely love what they've done with the active careers.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »

I really hope it's $5. That would be cheap.I'd add a few more, for that price, I suppose.

All of these worlds with a lot more lots that are for free in TS3 are overpriced?

I think she was trying to rise above the slight :)
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oops double post
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options

No, I wasn't. Very overpriced.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited April 2015

It just depends on what is important to the individual. For me, TS3 worlds could have a thousand lots, but they are worthless to me when the Sims themselves are so incredibly boring. For me, the Sims are more important than the worlds.

Love GTW, btw :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited April 2015

It just depends on what is important to the individual. For me, TS3 worlds could have a thousand lots, but they are worthless to me when the Sims themselves are so incredibly boring. For me, the Sims are more important than the worlds.

This is why 4 is better.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member

Yeah, for me lot size is important, cause I make all my sims fun :)
    And because of that my sim population increases, so spacing is an important factor for me. If I don't have enough space, I can't play to my fullest :disappointed:
  • Options

And they did not add a single lot to my world. I had to abandon my world and move there. Which, to enjoy game play from all EPs, also meant I had to spend weeks overhauling that world to have all appropriate lots to play fully.

Now, paying 5 for a world with 10 lots, probably divided into two brande new neighbourhoods? What a bargain. And it actually adds more space. I can have all the lots I already have and these ten more. For mere $5.

I'd be very pleased.
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »

And because of that my sim population increases, so spacing is an important factor for me. If I don't have enough space, I can't play to my fullest :disappointed:

I know. During TS3 I often ran out of space to implement new EP related lots. Such a hassle. I am glad TS4 set up allows us to have access to all worlds, interconnectedly.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I know. During TS3 I often ran out of space to implement new EP related lots. Such a hassle. I am glad TS4 set up allows us to have access to all worlds, interconnectedly.

But the lots are so tiny. If we add the size of both lots, they still aren't big. Plus this new EP only added 4 new lots, and not for adding living space. TS4 can't get it to work for me. With editing worlds in 3, I was able to house over 250 sims in one world. That's plenty for me :*
  • Options

But the lots are so tiny. If we add the size of both lots, they still aren't big. Plus this new EP only added 4 new lots, and not for adding living space. TS4 can't get it to work for me. With editing worlds in 3, I was able to house over 250 sims in one world. That's plenty for me :*

If you did not have all the lots necessary to make EPs work, perhaps. And I made Magnolia Promenade residential. Willow Creek and Oasis Spring have redundant community lots. I'm setting up my shops there.

In fact, the way building has improved, I am right now builing a mall with many, many stores on a 30x40 lot without any issues.
  • Options

If you did not have all the lots necessary to make EPs work, perhaps. And I made Magnolia Promenade residential. Willow Creek and Oasis Spring have redundant community lots. I'm setting up my shops there.

In fact, the way building has improved, I am right now builing a mall with many, many stores on a 30x40 lot without any issues.

Cool, it still doesn't solve my space issue though. 4 extra lots don't help for me. I play generationally, so my population rises pretty quickly.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    It doesn't matter to me how many lots they place in TS4. There is a loading screen to get to each and every one of them. I can only play one sim at a time or haul everyone around together forever. So much I can live with. This kills me every single time. I play for an hour or so then I'm done for a week.
  • Options

I like GTW. It definitely blew away my expectations. I thought it would be the end of TS4 but it isn't. Now if they make another good, EP, my faith will be restored. (I still think paradox interactive will make an amazing sims game...)

And for your dull sims issue: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=549440

You must've not have clicked on that link... Or read what I wrote for that matter.
  • Options

I like GTW. It definitely blew away my expectations. I thought it would be the end of TS4 but it isn't. Now if they make another good, EP, my faith will be restored. (I still think paradox interactive will make an amazing sims game...)

You must've not have clicked on that link... Or read what I wrote for that matter.

I did. I still think TS3 worlds were overpriced. I never bought any. Because you had to move and the worlds had no connection, it did not add a single lot to the game. Also, I'd have to spend weeks overhauling a new world to accomodate all lots necessary to enjoy all expansions fully. Finally, some worlds cost as much as EPs or more, while many EPs had worlds and much more content.

• Options

I did. I still think TS3 worlds were overpriced. I never bought any. Because you had to move and the worlds had no connection, it did not add a single lot to the game. Also, I'd have to spend weeks overhauling a new world to accomodate all lots necessary to enjoy all expansions fully. Finally, some worlds cost as much as EPs or more, while many EPs had worlds and much more content.

But the exchange (and other websites) literally had hundreds of worlds that you could get for free.