Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did GTW add Story Progression?

s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
I left a family who was pregnant- my game was completely patched and cc error free. I have no script mods and tested and re-tested all my content. I came back after playing another family and she had the babies already! I am so mad! ...was story progression added with this pack, because her pregnancy test wasn't even dry yet when I installed GTW. -.- and I come back to TWINS...

Comments

• Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited April 2015
    If you go to play another family and leave the first family pregnant then the babies will be born, even if you have aging off. This has been the case since day one. Also the twin/triplet glitch from a few patches ago is still present in unplayed households.
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    That's strange. Because I have never had that problem until now. I have about 5-7 active households and its never happened. My Sims are always still pregnant when I come back... -bummer-
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »
    I left a family who was pregnant- my game was completely patched and cc error free. I have no script mods and tested and re-tested all my content. I came back after playing another family and she had the babies already! I am so mad! ...was story progression added with this pack, because her pregnancy test wasn't even dry yet when I installed GTW. -.- and I come back to TWINS...

No, this has been in the game since day one. This game really doesn't support rotational players because 'time marches on' in this game has always been the answer by some who point out time continues in the game and isn't 'frozen' like it is in TS2 if you swap households back and forth.

However, I would point in argument this should not matter Because Aging Off In the TS2 Stops Pregnant Sims from having their babies, so it should be the Same for this Game but even with Aging off they still have the baby if you are playing a different household.

If we are going to have this type of interference from the game (when the reason we protect our households is because we play rotationally) then we should have more control over it. I did not like TS3's SP because I had no control over it, off or on, it still caused things I didn't want to happen. And my Sims having their babies without me is unacceptable in my book. That's why I do play rotationally in the TS2 so "I' can decide what to happen. But you can't even do that in this game if you have aging off for played households they have their babies anyway.

But that doesn't make Sense At All, EA< because if a person isn't aging then their baby isn't growing to be born...so it shouldn't be happening. Logic should be considered.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.