Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't take much more of this!

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,909 Member
I am at library with my niece and they are doing story time. They are talking to these kids like they are stupid or something. And I am in my late 20s. I am not amused by this. I am bored out my skull. But at least my niece is happy. That's all that matters, even though I am slowly losing my mind!

I am so ready to leave this story time session lol

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Story time sessions!? Ewww
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I feel your pain.

I love kids, but the dullness of some activities can definitely make you want to drag a drill into your skull. I could never work with small kids. It's not something I've got the patience for.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ugh tell me about it. This is the worst kind of torture!

Now they got some obnoxious musical instruments to bang around. Great....
  • Options
    The last time I had a "story time session" was back in 5th grade. And even I hated it back then lol.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    This is why I am NEVER having kids. I can't deal with the nonsense.
  • Options
    I find kids annoying. But maybe I'm just oversensitive at my age.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't even know why they are letting these kids slam around these things. We are in a library.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member

Ditto. The most I will do is babysit. Parenting? No! Even the most well-behaved kids eventually tire me out.
    I don't even know why they are letting these kids slam around these things. We are in a library.

Children tend to get exceptions to some rules for being...well...children.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

Ditto. The most I will do is babysit. Parenting? No! Even the most well-behaved kids eventually tire me out.

Children tend to get exceptions to some rules for being...well...children.

I will only babysit too. That is my limit there. I get frustrated and impatient really easily so kids are not for me. And I wouldn't care if they are children. If I'm in the library trying to do work, and some kids were slamming around some obnoxious musical toys I would get really p.o. Libraries are supposed to be quiet correct? lol
    Well I guess people can always go to another library or do work at home but still.
  • Options
    Raising kids must be tough. I know I'm a pain to my parents lol.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    My niece gets on my nerves just from asking a question. Granted she asks the same darn one over and over again but still.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    LOL bobyo. We all were annoying to our parents at one point or another.

And then we come home and the first thing she wants are nuggets and to watch The Little Mermaid. Fine by me. At least at home I can pop my headphones on and watch anime. At the library I was forced to endure toddler story time hell.
  • Options
    lemonfreshnesslemonfreshness Posts: 147 Member
    Ah, children. Life's blessings.

I'm personally never going to have any. I'm not the kind of person who can put of with them for long. I feel for you, @friendlyone20 .
    pithy remark
    tumblr_n9sqbr8M5Q1qb9odio1_500.gif
  • Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    I prolly hate kids but I really want to adopt. I know the consequences of having kids but I want to adopt. I just don't want to carry a baby inside me after watching a lot of mothers giving birth. Oh God. I might die.
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I like kids. I wouldn't mind working with them or having my own.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    That's why I don't take my niece to those things, her baby bro isn't going to those either when he gets older.
    It's also why when they're around me we watch Looney Tunes (the original ones) and shows like that; the kids' shows these days talk to them all like they're idiots. Give me a crazy duck tormenting a pig any day.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Ah, children. Life's blessings.

I'm personally never going to have any. I'm not the kind of person who can put of with them for long. I feel for you, @friendlyone20 .

Yep, life blessings for people who have endless amounts of patience. I'd rather have puppies. At least with puppies, if they are bad, you can put them outside or in a crate. If you try that same thing with a child, you will have CPS at your door faster than I eat Cheetos......which is pretty darn fast.

I prolly hate kids but I really want to adopt. I know the consequences of having kids but I want to adopt. I just don't want to carry a baby inside me after watching a lot of mothers giving birth. Oh God. I might die.

Yeah, childbirth doesn't look fun at all lol.

And I wouldn't say I hate kids, I just don't have the patience to deal with them on a daily basis. I only watch my niece 3 times a week for a few hours while her mom and dad are at work. Once they get home, they have to take over. By the time they get home, my annoyance level is through the friggin' roof.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I like kids. I wouldn't mind working with them or having my own.

My younger sister is going to be an elementary school teacher. She loves kids.

I think kids are cute........when they are other people's kids that you can give back to their parents after you had enough. And like I said I don't hate kids, I just don't have the patience to deal with them all day and those story times are just ugh.

That's why I don't take my niece to those things, her baby bro isn't going to those either when he gets older.
    It's also why when they're around me we watch Looney Tunes (the original ones) and shows like that; the kids' shows these days talk to them all like they're idiots. Give me a crazy duck tormenting a pig any day.

The only reason I take her to these crap story times is because she is not in school yet and it's a way to get out the house for a few hours but I think I'm going to rethink whether or not I want to take her back to story time. I can't do it anymore. I'd rather gouge out my eyes than listen to the story telling woman telling these stories with fake cheerfulness and glee while talking to these children like their brains are the size of raisin.

She was talking like this.

Can someone tell me what color this fish is (hold up a blue fish)
    the kids all said blue.
    She was like: That's right it's blue!! *fake happiness*

And I'm over in the corner thinking, please shoot me now! Then after story time it was time to make fake mini oceans with ziplock bags, cardboard cutout fish, blue food coloring, and shaving cream! Yay!
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member

The only reason I take her to these crap story times is because she is not in school yet and it's a way to get out the house for a few hours but I think I'm going to rethink whether or not I want to take her back to story time. I can't do it anymore. I'd rather gouge out my eyes than listen to the story telling woman telling these stories with fake cheerfulness and glee while talking to these children like their brains are the size of raisin.

She was talking like this.

Can someone tell me what color this fish is (hold up a blue fish)
    the kids all said blue.
    She was like: That's right it's blue!! *fake happiness*

And I'm over in the corner thinking, please shoot me now! Then after story time it was time to make fake mini oceans with ziplock bags, cardboard cutout fish, blue food coloring, and shaving cream! Yay!

See, my niece would have called her out on that or would have been really sarcastic lol

I used to watch Dora the Explorer with her but she saw my facial expression one day and now we don't watch it lol. I lost the will to live watching that show

Are you creative? Cos if you are you could always make stuff with her at home or bake or something (if she's old enough to do that).

That's the best thing about niblings (nephews and nieces); you can give them back when you've had enough :)

tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Aw I love kids, and because I've been 'babysitting' them practically my entire life I have high patience with them. :P