Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail: Ring them up?

I don't see an option to ring up customers on my register. How do I get the monies?? LOL And where is my employee? I hired her but don't see her...
let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
*Team Seasons*
XtR6m6.png

Comments

• Options
    lynnjannalynnjanna Posts: 61 Member
    If you click on someone who is ready to checkout, you click on them and it gives you the option to ring them up. However, you ring them up via tablet not the actual cash register.
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited March 2015
    the tablet we've had forever?

Edit: I figured it out. soo confusing!
    Post edited by hellojewby on
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Maybe it's just because my sim is new at running a bussiness but I'm starting to miss the registers cause it takes forever.I guess you never realize how much you miss something till it's gone
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    KeyserFn wrote: »
    Maybe it's just because my sim is new at running a bussiness but I'm starting to miss the registers cause it takes forever.I guess you never realize how much you miss something till it's gone

yeah it takes a long time to ring up one customer. and my employee like, WILL NOT ring people up lol she'll stock and clean but that's it..
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    There are perks to speed up checking out customers. At first my employee wouldn't ring anyone up, and he still seems to want to take selfies instead of do anything, but he has started to ring people up.
  • Options
    WormMommyWormMommy Posts: 124 Member
    haha that's too funny. The Sims' technologies are evolving with us too. So are there absolutely no registers?
    I sim. Therefore, I am.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    WormMommy wrote: »
    haha that's too funny. The Sims' technologies are evolving with us too. So are there absolutely no registers?

There are registers but they are only used in game to manage the store.

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    My bakery employee is supposed to be answering customers' questions but he just sits on the sofa chatting up girls all day, so my sim has gotten better at ringing customers up. I do kind of miss cash registers.
  • Options
    madarmadar Posts: 53 Member
    i dont get the logic behind non functioning cash register
    whos idea was and why was it approved that you can only ring up customers via a freaking tablet
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    madar wrote: »
    i dont get the logic behind non functioning cash register
    whos idea was and why was it approved that you can only ring up customers via a freaking tablet

The choice would have been nice, as then people could play the way they wanted, I don't know of any shops which use tablets to process sales, I assume it's too high tech for most. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    qrlcode wrote: »
    My bakery employee is supposed to be answering customers' questions but he just sits on the sofa chatting up girls all day, so my sim has gotten better at ringing customers up. I do kind of miss cash registers.

yeah my store ended up just being one big hang out spot. few shoppers, many chatters. deff prefer OFB stores. but these careers are GREAT!
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    edited March 2015
    it happens especially if you have an employee with low work ethics
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Low work ethics. You just have to continully berate them until the work ethic skill improves.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    well i hired the girl with the most skills all around. hmm.. she didn't like doing a lick of work.. lol
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    Easy BreazyEasy Breazy Posts: 88 Member
    > @hellojewby said:
    > well i hired the girl with the most skills all around. hmm.. she didn't like doing a lick of work.. lol

SimGurus have said it'll take some work to get your employees up to your standards.
  • Options
    Ooooh ok then I won't give up on retail! haha
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    alanapink01alanapink01 Posts: 1 New Member
    In order for my employee to ring people up do I need to provide them with a tablet? Because as of right now they're just standing around, even when I assign them to ring customers up.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    In order for my employee to ring people up do I need to provide them with a tablet? Because as of right now they're just standing around, even when I assign them to ring customers up.

Hello.
    This is a guide to managing your employees
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/employees.php
    You don't need to give them a tablet. You can just click on them to assign them to ring up the customers.
  • Options
    PenguinGod1397PenguinGod1397 Posts: 1 New Member
    yeah it takes a long time to ring up one customer. and my employee like, WILL NOT ring people up lol she'll stock and clean but that's it..[/quote]

You can actually make them ring up customers click on your employee and click assign work task and the option will be there.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top