Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers

Hello people..
It's been a long time since game is released..
Guru's said that toddlers are their priority.. but months elapsed and we don't have any info about them..
Maybe we could do something, make concerted action on Facebook or Twitter to ask them about it and let them know that we want toddlers so bad.

Comments

• Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Maybe they don't want to "half plum" it and that is why they haven't been released yet. Maybe they want to make sure they get them right. That's just my guess.
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    I even thought that they aren't going to add them ever.. But I hope that I'm wrong
  • Options
    policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    Well, the longer they work on them the better they will be. Just give them time.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Please give it a rest. Toddlers is not a priority for the developers or we'd have them. Honestly, I don't miss them and don't want them back.
  • Options
    Sorry that I'm asking here, but when I will be able to post screens here.. It says to me that I have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    The current engine doesn't facilitate toddlers at all.

The engine has to be re-coded.

This is based on how babies were handled. TS4 babies were implemented the way they are to short-cut being able to put them down. Source to destination - ie your Sim takes them out of the crib and can only put them back in again.

Toddlers present the same problem for the engine - it wasn't designed to allow you to pick them up and put them down on the floor - they short-cutted this out.

So, it's not just an art-department thing of designing these things, animating them and animating Sims interacting with them.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Please give it a rest. Toddlers is not a priority for the developers or we'd have them. Honestly, I don't miss them and don't want them back.

I'm glad people are still asking about toddlers. It shows it's an important aspect to a majority (not all) of simmers. If we stop asking or stop expressing our interest in toddlers, we might not get them. If we don't ask, don't express disappontment, nothing will happen to change it.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    If you see a patch that allows a baby to be put anywhere other than back in it's crib - then toddlers are more than likely to be around the corner.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I hope they are working on them. It's the only reason I'll play the game, and (maybe) buy EPs if they do them right. Hopefully they aren't objects.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Here's a link to an ongoing thread on this very subject. It is a friendly place, sparkfairy1 set it up.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/801025/ea-silence-on-family-play-and-family-play-fans/p479

As you can see, it is quite long, but we haven't given up.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Sorry that I'm asking here, but when I will be able to post screens here.. It says to me that I have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
    I can't remember the rules, you have to have made a certain amount of posts and got a few likes I think. But it shouldn't take long to become a fully fledged member.

And welcome to the forums, fellow family player! I too am waiting for toddlers... please do drop by sparkfairy's thread (as per Mylita above), we'd love you to join us!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Between toddlers and shorter teens I would prefer the latter
  • Options
    I want both!
    And I hope that they will change it that we can't take our baby to the garden..
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    They know very well how much simmer miss toddlers now. Its just the silence isn't helping those who want an answer, its really a simple no or yes. If they are or do come back they can take all the time they need make them right.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Toddlers would take time and that's a good thing so you know that you'll get the best end result and a quick tip we have alot of topics up with the same question you'll get a better result with just visiting an existing thread.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

It's not just about what YOU want. It's about what the community wants. We are not going to stop asking for them just to please a small portion of the community.
  • Options
    DiabolicalSimDiabolicalSim Posts: 108 Member

Oh, my apologises. We better stop asking for things many players want because super important forum member catmando830 doesn't like the same things others do like.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member

Oh, my apologises. We better stop asking for things many players want because super important forum member catmando830 doesn't like the same things others do like.

Stop being sarcastic.

Remember this:

PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE TODDS DON'T HATE THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »

Stop being sarcastic.

Remember this:

Totally agree. Toddler campaigners don't hate those who dislike them.

I think we should all agree that it is ok to disagree before this turns ugly.

OP I would follow the advice already given and look for existing feedback threads. I would try the feedback section first :) You will find lots of like minded simmers there and places for your screenshots :)

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »

Stop being sarcastic.

Remember this:

Totally agree. Toddler campaigners don't hate those who dislike them.

I think we should all agree that it is ok to disagree before this turns ugly.

OP I would follow the advice already given and look for existing feedback threads. I would try the feedback section first :) You will find lots of like minded simmers there and places for your screenshots :)

I agree, I just want people who don't want toddlers to respect that other people do.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    They know very well how much simmer miss toddlers now. Its just the silence isn't helping those who want an answer, its really a simple no or yes. If they are or do come back they can take all the time they need make them right.
    Well, it really may not be as simple as a yes or a no though. I'm not trying to be annoying, its just that there's so much gray area when dealing with a corporation setting. They may want to say yes or no but are being told by the corporation's lawyers that they cannot do so in case something goes wrong or changes and the answer they give becomes invalid.

If the gurus tell us 'yes there'll be toddlers' then something happens and they can't, we are all going to be mad because they lied and it may be that they wanted to and couldn't. Or if they say no and then get the go ahead from the higher ups then they look uninformed. That said, I hope they (toddlers) are in the works as we speak and will be awesome when they release! :)

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    simslovers456simslovers456 Posts: 213 Member
    I'm really tired of stuff like this to be honest. 7cDDK5B.jpg
    large.jpg