Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have any phobias?

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
edited March 2015 in Off Topic Chat
I do. I have emetaphobia, the fear of vomit. No seriously, I will freak out tremendously about anything pertaining to vomit. strange though that I can see someone on tv vomit but in real life, I will run like heck and probably scream while doing so.

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Trypanophobia - fear of (injection) needles. I have run from needles before, and I can't stand the mere sight of them.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I do. I have emetaphobia, the fear of vomit. No seriously, I will freak out tremendously about anything pertaining to vomit. strange though that I can see someone on tv vomit but in real life, I will run like heck and probably scream while doing so.

I have the same one. I had a tragic experience with it as a child and it has scarred me for life. That's the reason I have anxiety problems now. I can't see or hear anyone vomiting, human or animal, TV or real life. I will freak out and have to leave the building not just the room.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    basically just spiders, centipedes, and camel crickets. I am not afraid of fire but I do have a worry of the house catching on fire.

Vomiting, I'm no really afraid of it. But if I see someone vomiting (even on TV) it makes me want vomit. I'm not sure that's a phobia though just an intense reaction.

But yeah spiders, centipedes and camel crickets I am afraid of.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Clowns, Octopuses/Squids and water.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Wasps.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Cynophobia or I used to have it. When I was little I would HATE going to parks simply because dogs were always there, and every time I heard jingling keys I would immediately want to run because I thought they were a dogs collar.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Arachnophobia and claustrophobia
  • Options
    bootjerkybootjerky Posts: 160 Member
    Acrophobia
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ooh, I'm also terrified of wide empty spaces. Like I cannot look into the night sky. And big shopping centres freak me out. Also my therapist told me I have agoraphobia.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I'm seriously claustrophobic, I'm scared of elevators. I think I would have a legit heart attack if I got stuck in one.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    getting my nails ripped out
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    crazy people... the ones that get in your face and tell you how you should live your life.
  • Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    I have Pediophobia and Daemonophobia. The movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" really messed me up. I couldn't sleep for almost 4 nights. The moment you started discussing demons or exorcism, I already wanna cry. :bawling: And I hate dolls, you know like that Annabelle doll. Any dolls really. Life-sized dolls.
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    I have Pediophobia and Daemonophobia. The movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" really messed me up. I couldn't sleep for almost 4 nights. The moment you started discussing demons or exorcism, I already wanna cry. :bawling: And I hate dolls, you know like that Annabelle doll. Any dolls really. Life-sized dolls.

Oh gosh. Dolls. I forgot about dolls. They're so creepy.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @dreamerz13 I have a friend on Facebook and she posted this photo of her with her doll collection like there are prolly 20 of them. Oh my God. I had to unfollow her just in case she'll upload another photo of her with her dolls.
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    @dreamerz13 I have a friend on Facebook and she posted this photo of her with her doll collection like there are prolly 20 of them. Oh my God. I had to unfollow her just in case she'll upload another photo of her with her dolls.

20 of them, I'd be dead. That's like an army of them waiting to come to life and make their kill. Haha... I'd unfollow too.

• Options
    @dreamerz13 I was thinking the same thing. Yeah sure, their dresses looks great, but my God I can't look at their faces especially their eyes. Why would you want to put that thing inside your room? Asfnd! :confounded:
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I have the needles one I almost pass out and puke whenever I have to get bloodwork done

Claustrophobia to some extent. Found out I had it the hard way. In high school the science club went caving. By caving I don't mean one of the tourist guided tours walking.
    The entrance was so small you were on you belly worming your way forward and at one point you couldn't even lift your head to see where you were going.
    That is the moment I discovered claustrophobia. I freaked out and was crying it was easiest to go forward then back so the teacher yanked me through to the next chamber and after that I was fine. I didn't mind close spaces much before then some parts of the cave made me nervous, but as long as I could lift or turn my head so I could see I was fine.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    bootjerkybootjerky Posts: 160 Member
    @dreamerz13 I was thinking the same thing. Yeah sure, their dresses looks great, but my God I can't look at their faces especially their eyes. Why would you want to put that thing inside your room? Asfnd! :confounded:

My mom had a collection of dolls in her private room, probably she's keeping something there
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    And I hate dolls, you know like that Annabelle doll. Any dolls really. Life-sized dolls.
    Ooh ventriloquist dolls freak me out too, like the really old fashioned ones *shudders*

tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    thecoolesturlthecoolesturl Posts: 41 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think it's the right time to burn all my sister's dolls~~
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Arachnophobia

I also don't like standing near edges o.O I always imagine the railing someone breaking...
  • Options
    thecoolesturlthecoolesturl Posts: 41 Member
    I love your avatar~ lololol *in your voice* my precious~
  • Options
    AshlynneAshlynne Posts: 288 Member
    Public Speaking...
    qLr9gBj.png
    This is what I look like IRL. "Bald is beautiful" my husband says. I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to like being bald.
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    I live in Hawaii. We have beautiful wild life. We also got one of the most awful pests ever. HUGE centipedes.

I love bugs. Grew up, wanted to be an entomologist for awhile. Love scorpions, spiders, and just your usual insects.

But screw these centipedes. With an average length of 8-12 inches, these things are horrifying. They can kill small birds in trees.

And nothing worse than having your most hated thing in your bed, on your back at 2 AM in the morning, bite you, you roll out of bed to find the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing and it's RUNNING up your back still. *shudder*

That and I do have a fear of being stuck in a way where I cannot move at all.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~