Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New sims in Get To Work?

Does anyone know if new sims will be included in the sims 4 Get To Work Magnolia Promenade?
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Explain "new sims". There are revamped aliens that look new but aren't.
  • Options
    axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    No, Like people that live or come in Magnolia Promenade. Such as Bella Goth in Willow Creek and Malcom Landgraab in Oasis Springs. I know there are aliens that's not what I mean. Like new NPCs and townies?
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Well there will be aliens, but other than that I don't believe there will be households living in Magnolia Promenade because there are only four lots in that world, and by default they are all set to business lots.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    ewright9 wrote: »
    Well there will be aliens, but other than that I don't believe there will be households living in Magnolia Promenade because there are only four lots in that world, and by default they are all set to business lots.

actually it is only 3 of them that are default set to shops, one of the lots you can move your sims into
  • Options

I figured that. It kind of stinks that there isn't a whole new world with residential areas. I know you can change the lot types but 4 lots seems like a little to few. I just hoped that maybe there would be new NPCs or townies.
  • Options
    @dsef
    Oh! New information :) But since you can move your Sims in that means no pre-made family living in Magnolia Promenade.

@axel1015
    Yeah, Magnolia Promenade does seem extremely small with only four lots. Maybe they will patch in more lots later, or maybe this is a hint to us being allowed to add our own lots :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe a future EP or GP will expand the map with service lots (restaurants, etc). There is a large green area about the same size as the retail area to the left in the map.
  • Options
    @dsef
    Oh! New information :) But since you can move your Sims in that means no pre-made family living in Magnolia Promenade.

@axel1015
    Yeah, Magnolia Promenade does seem extremely small with only four lots. Maybe they will patch in more lots later, or maybe this is a hint to us being allowed to add our own lots :)

I hope so! It can really feel very confined being stuck to only 2 full towns and a small addition that there calling a neighborhood and not a world. Being able to place more lots and stuff would be amazing! Can't wait until we get brand new full worlds
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe a future EP or GP will expand the map with service lots (restaurants, etc). There is a large green area about the same size as the retail area to the left in the map.

That woulds AWESOME seriously you should go post that in the ideas section! Fantastic idea!
  • Options
    Would be nice if we could create our own neighborhoods, like we could in the Sims 2. Now that we have a new world selector that apparently isn't confined to a small number of "worlds" one would think that this interface would be able to support player-created worlds. I think it would go well with their online theme that they're trying to push with the gallery. Everyone could share their worlds with their built-in families and houses :)
  • Options
    Would be nice if we could create our own neighborhoods, like we could in the Sims 2. Now that we have a new world selector that apparently isn't confined to a small number of "worlds" one would think that this interface would be able to support player-created worlds. I think it would go well with their online theme that they're trying to push with the gallery. Everyone could share their worlds with their built-in families and houses :)

Let's just hope that's how they do it. Have we heard anything about CAW? I feel like it would be a really confusing and in depth tool, but I'll leave the creating and troubleshooting to the CAW experts. I just can't wait until we can get out of the 2 base game worlds (with the exception of Granite Falls and Magnolia Promenade and into some nicer, bigger, more open spaces because after 4 generations of my family...they all take up the whole neighborhood lol!
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »

Let's just hope that's how they do it. Have we heard anything about CAW? I feel like it would be a really confusing and in depth tool, but I'll leave the creating and troubleshooting to the CAW experts. I just can't wait until we can get out of the 2 base game worlds (with the exception of Granite Falls and Magnolia Promenade and into some nicer, bigger, more open spaces because after 4 generations of my family...they all take up the whole neighborhood lol!

OMG that is the worst! (Having your family over-run the towns). I was worried about that in one of my LP's b/c it's partially a legacy challenge (not really a challenge I guess but...). Luckily (sadly?) pretty much everyone has died off so only my active family and the father's siblings are still alive.
  • Options

OMG that is the worst! (Having your family over-run the towns). I was worried about that in one of my LP's b/c it's partially a legacy challenge (not really a challenge I guess but...). Luckily (sadly?) pretty much everyone has died off so only my active family and the father's siblings are still alive.

It's really annoying! We need much much much bigger worlds!!
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I thought in one of the reviews on YouTube they said that you got to follow that female detective around but I very much could be wrong. I will try to find out what video it was. I really hope that some of the sims from the trailer are in the game because there are a few I like like the business owner on the cover and the female detective.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I do at least like that you can travel between them without losing relationships. Not like Sims 3 when it was 'pick one neighborhood and that's it for the game'. Granted, they were bigger, but I like that we can visit different location towns. So hopefully they add bigger ones and more of them.
  • Options
    I thought in one of the reviews on YouTube they said that you got to follow that female detective around but I very much could be wrong. I will try to find out what video it was. I really hope that some of the sims from the trailer are in the game because there are a few I like like the business owner on the cover and the female detective.

You do get to follow the detective around...I just hope that once again due to the confined world space that we don't keep going to the same 3 places for multiple crimes.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

You do get to follow the detective around...I just hope that once again due to the confined world space that we don't keep going to the same 3 places for multiple crimes.

I Think that they said you could go with the detective to I might have heard wrong. I was looking on YouTube to see it I can find it but I have to get back to work lol. I am going to look later and if I find it, I will post it here.

Edit: I think I read your post wrong. Sorry lol So we do follow her around?
  • Options

I Think that they said you could go with the detective to I might have heard wrong. I was looking on YouTube to see it I can find it but I have to get back to work lol. I am going to look later and if I find it, I will post it here.

I believe so. :)
  • Options

I believe so. :)

Awesome!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    No new sims but the gurus may upload those new sims they showed in the trailers and pictures.
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    I'm just angry about the fact that the neighbourhoods in the developers' version of TS4 look different than our copies in terms of houses and Sims included. Sure, they released most of the trailer, gameplay and screenshot Sims on the Gallery and maybe two or three houses, but it would have been nice for them to be included, instead of having me have to import them into the already tiny neighbourhoods.

There were so many houses in the pre-release trailers and gameplay videos of TS4 that I couldn't wait to see in-game, only to find out they weren't included and are not on the Gallery.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    noteye32noteye32 Posts: 250 Member

I figured that. It kind of stinks that there isn't a whole new world with residential areas. I know you can change the lot types but 4 lots seems like a little to few. I just hoped that maybe there would be new NPCs or townies.

Maybe they will eventually expand this area to allow for other lots that you can build on?? Here is hoping
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    edited March 2015

@ewright9
    @axel1015

Unfortunately EA may never come out with a world editor for the Sims 4 at this point. Tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't EA announce Create A World before World Adventures was released?

There reasons for not doing so may not even have anything to do with complicated the world editor would be or how easy it would be to implement. If you had five worlds, each with just eight households of eight sims, that's three hundred twenty sims. Most people wouldn't have that many, but if you had say seven worlds with ten or more households and say an average of four sims per household, you could still end up with two hundred eighty sims or more sims. We also have to consider the fact that ever single building on every single lot, takes up memory as well. There's bound to be far more than seven worlds total once they have released every single expansion pack and game pack for the Sims 4.

I remember one of the gurus saying the reason that EA never implemented freely traveling between worlds in the Sims 3, ( without the loss of relationships ) was because they were worried about saved game file sizes getting to be too big. The ability to travel freely between any world in the Sims 4, may come at the cost of them never giving us a world editor. I hope I'm wrong through.
  • Options
    > @Damienf519 said:
    >
    >
    > ewright9
    > axel1015
    >
    > Unfortunately EA may never come out with a world editor for the Sims 4 at this point. Tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't EA announce Create A World before World Adventures was released?
    >
    > There reasons for not doing so may not even have anything to do with complicated the world editor would be or how easy it would be to implement. If you had five worlds, each with just eight households of eight sims, that's three hundred twenty sims. Most people wouldn't have that many, but if you had say seven worlds with ten or more households and say an average of four sims per household, you could still end up with two hundred eighty sims or more sims. We also have to consider the fact that ever single building on every single lot, takes up memory as well. There's bound to be far more than seven worlds total once they have released every single expansion pack and game pack for the Sims 4.
    >
    > I remember one of the gurus saying the reason that EA never implemented freely traveling between worlds in the Sims 3, ( without the loss of relationships ) was because they were worried about saved game file sizes getting to be too big. The ability to travel freely between any world in the Sims 4, may come at the cost of them never giving us a world editor. I hope I'm wrong through.

Well perhaps the size limit on the worlds is to prevent the save files from getting too big. I remember in the Sims 2 you could create as many sub-neighborhoods for one save file as you wanted, but since then we have added story progression so maybe that has an effect on it.

Obviously I'm not a techie so I really have no clue how all of the programming works. Maybe our save files will start going up to "the cloud" (which I also know nothing about).
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    @ewright9

You'd have to be online for your saves to go to the cloud if EA had chosen to implement that feature, and they'd still have very good reason to limit their size.