Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

These backdrops are killing me.

Comments

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    it's kinda evil Maxis includes these backdrops and you only can watch them.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    The backdrops in the game are like
    hollywood-sign-06-500x375.jpg

And crazy part is that they're so pretty I find myself thinking I'm in sims 3, thinking I can explore until my mouse is like nope can't go there lol
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I wonder how Seasons is going to work with the backdrops. If it snows, will they be changed to be covered in snow? Is that even possible?
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Is it bad I thought this was an actual background for a second ahahaha.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member

And crazy part is that they're so pretty I find myself thinking I'm in sims 3, thinking I can explore until my mouse is like nope can't go there lol
    Aww lol
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    Is it bad I thought this was an actual background for a second ahahaha.
    Oh no Bob XD
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Its a shame :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Deandra TheNewGirlDeandra TheNewGirl Posts: 384 Member
    The back drops upset me too. They keep reminding me of Bridgeport and how we'll never have a world that big.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    i actually like the backbrops as pretty as the worlds were in 3 i found the areas that werent designed for build mode the most attractive. of course i want bigger worlds less loading screens but backdrops work for me.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I wonder how Seasons is going to work with the backdrops. If it snows, will they be changed to be covered in snow? Is that even possible?

It'll work. Since the backdrops are just still images they can set each level of snow to have more or less snow depending on the numerical data that was programmed.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I actually don't mind the backdrops at all. Since basically The Sims 4 is a revamped Sims 2 with a side order of Sims 1 I actually prefer it this way rather then a blue screen on all sides with nothing to see unless you had The Sims 2 University that let you see pre rendered homes. This environment gives it a unique look and makes the neighborhood more vibrant and relate able to real life neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited March 2015
    I actually don't mind the backdrops at all. Since basically The Sims 4 is a revamped Sims 2 with a side order of Sims 1 I actually prefer it this way rather then a blue screen on all sides with nothing to see unless you had The Sims 2 University that let you see pre rendered homes. This environment gives it a unique look and makes the neighborhood more vibrant and relate able to real life neighborhoods.

The backdrops in S3 were more believable in my opinion. The sense of distance was more real; S4 seems to be cluttered and in your face backdrop without anything trailing off into the distance and horizon. At least S3 seemed logical since what you could see was there. S4 is just some phoney backdrop decoration really.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Sims 4 makes me think about:

latest?cb=20110213193939

125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    I like the backdrops in TS4. The cloudless blue sky in TS2 always bothered me.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    Hagfisher wrote: »
    Sims 4 makes me think about:

latest?cb=20110213193939

OMG that looks like THIS place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXy6JElmgHU

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    The backdrops are so disappointing... I remember when TS4 was announced, I expected such an amazing game with worlds that put TS3 to shame. I was totally wrong. I love the gameplay, but I also really enjoy aesthetics. I loved being able to walk around an entire city in TS3 (Bridgeport) or stroll along a beach. Now it's just... cardboard cutouts. When you go into cameraman mode you can see everything. Each neighborhood is just a small 3D render with effortless landscape, cutouts of trees/buildings/mountains/other backgrounds, and a spiral of clouds going around it.
    original.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    I like the backdrops in TS4. The cloudless blue sky in TS2 always bothered me.
    The cloudy blue sky in TS4 bothers me. Especially the clouds.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The sky is too dark blue IMHO, the clouds are horrible.
    That is why there is a color called sky-blue...of which S4 is not.

There is no spatial depth to the sky, no sense of horizon...its just a painted façade.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    ok.... So the sky in TS4 is no where near as nice as the moving clouds in Star Stable and SL. Still, IMO, it's better than just a flat blue sky with no character at all.

As for it being too dark, it's not on my screen. Maybe adjust the gamma a little? They really should give us a gamma setting in game.
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    The world is so pretty I wish that we could have our Sims run around and explore our world. It is an awful shame.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I'd love a saturation setting for TS4, but until they fix the random romances I'll be playing this world:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8219962

A huge shout out to the meticulous care that the very best modders take with their work and I will ask everyone who wants more from TS4 worlds to go sign the CAW petition if you haven't already.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789742/the-sims-4-create-a-world-petition-529-signatures#latest

Modders won't be able to make an open world where no mechanics exist, but they will create wondrous things. I have total faith in that :blush:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    I'm sure they managed to suck plenty of folks in with their illusion that the worlds are bigger than they truly are. I know I was. Such at terrible game this is....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    That's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 shame, it makes me wonder whats going on in those buildings and wish i could just go there to visit them. But its all decor just like the other houses in the neighborhood.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited March 2015
    MagnoliaPromenade.jpg
    That map is just pitiful.