Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do they need to bring back to make you play TS4?

sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
For me it HAS to be toddlers and an open world, most other issues with the game I could live without. These are staples for me.

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    It's not so much what they need to bring back, it's more they need to lay off on the uber-silly, juvienile things going on. I don't mind some silly, Sims isn't reality and I got a kick out of a lot of what was in the first three iterations. But I feel like they've gone too far.

So, I guess to answer your question, bring back a little more seriousness?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Open world, CASt, SP, toddlers more family interactions and better graphics. Get rid of the emotions and bring us back TS2 sims.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Color options. I feel like most of my options for building and decorating the homes are dreary and depressing. A world editor like we had in Sims 2 would be great as well.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    I still play it but to really play it as frequently and for hours on end like I did with TS3, then I'd like to see...
    • More colour options for everything in the game or the ability to match every piece of furniture because it's so hard to create a nicely decorated room.
    • More of an open world. Why can I walk around the local area of my sims house with ease to dig rocks or harvest plants but need a loading screen to visit the family across the street?
    • The ability to lock doors and assign beds! Small but infuriating during gameplay.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Open world, Create-a-Style, terrain tools and the ability to edit and redo the town. (What age level are things like the silly walks aimed at? My 7yr old nephew thought they were funny - the first time he saw them! ) Unfortunately I know what I need to get me to play the game is not going to happen and that's sad. I've been playing since the original.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm actually planning on reinstalling TS4 and playing it when GTW comes out. I will not be purchasing any other EPs until toddlers come out, but after they are released, I'm sure I'll buy all the unessential GPs and EPs that came out before (I'm looking forward to playing the Outdoors GP).

If the game isn't fun with the new EP, then this will be it for me; however, I'm rather optimistic about the new EP and look forward to the upcoming month :relaxed:

The only concern I have that I'm pretty sure is going to turn me off of the game is the borked emotions or rather enotions system. I hate TS3 sims because they are oblivious robots and I'm seeing the same thing for TS4 sims. What's worse is that even though they don't react to anything their moodlets are always going off the charts HAPPY INSPIRED UNCOMFORTABLE TENSE HAPPY FOCUSED FINE... ugh :tired_face:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Nix the linear goal grinds. They have no place in a game like this.

This too!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    Not that i have stopped absolutely to play TS4 but I´d rather have a simple, quick, in-game option to remove all the goals and scripted tasks in everything (like that for the parties...) and make the progression to be more perfomance wise than prescriptive
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I can play without the open world but it would be awesome if they cut out the loading in neighborhoods so it was just an open neighborhood. I would also really like to see story-progression make a comeback. CASt, eh, can live with or without it- it would be nice if they added at least some new color options or a color wheel for CAS. Toddlers, just because it's not fair to those who can't enjoy the game without their beloved toddlers.

Oh, and bring back the chemistry system from TS2- it would be a great addition for a city/dating expansion pack. Our sim's would finally have turn on's and turn off's.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2015
    Right now I need more things to do so I can at least get into playing my YA's, but I still will not want to play families until they bring back toddlers and do something about the current big ol' YA/teens, or add a between stage. I also need more lots and larger lots.

The large open world and CASt are not coming back, so I will just have to get used to that. I hope the chopped up worlds get larger, but I am having my doubts about that too. I will get the first EP so I can at least get into the game I bought beyond looking at my sims interact and fleshing the game out with CC and mods.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    I can play without the open world but it would be awesome if they cut out the loading in neighborhoods so it was just an open neighborhood. I would also really like to see story-progression make a comeback. CASt, eh, can live with or without it- it would be nice if they added at least some new color options or a color wheel for CAS. Toddlers, just because it's not fair to those who can't enjoy the game without their beloved toddlers.

Oh, and bring back the chemistry system from TS2- it would be a great addition for a city/dating expansion pack. Our sim's would finally have turn on's and turn off's.

I LOVED the turn and turn offs options from TS2 and the chemistry/compatibility element they had for dating. Definitely agree with that!

I have very few gripes with the current TS4 but a generations/family type expansion would be nice.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited March 2015
    CASt, Toddlers, Open World, Story Progression, better graphics and textures, more freedom (especially in changing the world), less goal grinding, more interactions, better family play, better play in general. Also, I'd like to see the return of options. Lots and lots of options.

options-options-everywhere.jpg
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    They need to bring toddlers back. Not including it in the game was a mistake.
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    They need to bring back Toddlers and Story Progression with an on and off system that works better than ts3.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I think I basically need the freedom and the creativitiy back. And sims I can love.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Right now I need more things to do so I can at least get into playing my YA's, but I still will not want to play families until they bring back toddlers and do something about the current big ol' YA/teens, or add a between stage. I also need more lots and larger lots.

The large open world and CASt are not coming back, so I will just have to get used to that. I hope the chopped up worlds get larger, but I am having my doubts about that too. I will get the first EP so I can at least get into the game I bought beyond looking at my sims interact and fleshing the game out with CC and mods.

I saw a thread that was saying they were going to bring the open world back. Not sure how legit it actually is though.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

I saw a thread that was saying they were going to bring the open world back. Not sure how legit it actually is though.

It isn't. It was a customer service rep, not a developer, being possibly misunderstood at that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sawgrass770sawgrass770 Posts: 258 Member
    I want a game that feels like more than we've ever had before, not way less:

Population cap more than high enough so we never bump into it (over 10k?).
    Dozens more lots and if we can choose the size and place them ourselves, even better. I want home lots for all my families' generations.
    Reworked emotional system that includes reactions to death and infidelity, among other things.
    Meaningful life stages, at a minimum baby-toddler-child-teen-young adult-adult-elder. More stages might be even better.
    Many more options (colors, mix-and-match for build elements and decorating, story progression on/modified/off, family friendly, etc.) to accommodate different kinds of gameplay, and computer capabilities. Re-apply the sandbox concept.
    More quirky and less Attention Deficit Disorder, unless an option or slider is added to the game where we get to control this.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I already play ts4 and enjoy it. But open neighborhoods (since realistically, open world probably won't be doable.) and toddlers would make it more enjoyable.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited March 2015
    They need to fix the shallowness of the traits, whims and emotions. Right now, emotions are just something for the player to manipulate, all Sims have the same Whims while in the same emotional state, and traits barely matter at all in terms of the Sims' behaviour. Honestly, this is a bigger deal then toddlers at this point. I want toddlers back, but if they don't fix the AI so that my Sims do not feel like interchangeable units, I cannot enjoy this game like I enjoyed the previous games.

Also, the handholdy, rigid goals for aspirations and careers gotta go.
    Post edited by Andygal on
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Andygal wrote: »
    They need to fix the shallowness of the traits, whims and emotions. Right now, emotions are just something for the player to manipulate, all Sims have the same Whims while in the same emotional state, and traits barely matter at all in terms of the Sims' behaviour. Honestly, this is a bigger deal then toddlers at this point. I want toddlers back, but if they don't fix the AI so that my Sims do not feel like interchangeable units, I cannot enjoy this game like I enjoyed the previous games.

Also, the handholdy, rigid goals for aspirations and careers.

Yes, this too.
    I hardly pay attention to whims because they just don't seem interesting to do with the sim I am playing. I only do them when I need the points to get a potion or earn more traits, not because I find them fun to do.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I already play TS4, but i would play even more if we got toddlers and CAW.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    candace92 wrote: »
    I already play ts4 and enjoy it. But open neighborhoods (since realistically, open world probably won't be doable.) and toddlers would make it more enjoyable.

This.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Toddlers, creativity in the world and clothing etc and story progression. Pretty much what others have said.