Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I miss in TS4

Many things I enjoyed in TS3. In TS4 I miss taking my date to a restaurant. I miss driving my vehicle and whoohooing in places other than the bedroom. btw meal times sure do take long lol. I know things will change as the exps. begin making their way to us. So I am content to some degree with TS4 for now. Many other things I miss but won't go into detail. What do you miss? KirkTremble gives all of you a Sim hug. :)

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I miss WA from sims 3, but that's about it. I miss more from Sims 2 though.
  • Options
    KirkTrembleKirkTremble Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    How come when Sims marry, the spouse doesn't take on the last name of the other? Or can you make them? ( Just a little wondering)
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    It was a total mistake for them to leave so many of things out in Sims 4. I'm not content with this game at all. Missing CAS, open world, toddlers, fire fighters, burglars, dishwashers, story progression, realistic graphics, etc etc. I miss playing a real Sims game, a life simulation game.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    How come when Sims marry, the spouse doesn't take on the last name of the other? Or can you make them? ( Just a little wondering)

testingcheats on
    cas.fulleditmode
    Open the Sim in CAS - you can do that just with the dresser, Plan Outfits.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Gosh I miss so much from TS3 and TS2 it would take all day for me to list the things I miss B) But to name a few I miss the deep fryer, pizza oven and the tablet from TS3, From TS2 I miss everything but the time not continuing when going to a community lot. I loved the objects in TS3 but hated the sims themselves they were like robots.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    xtinagaga97xtinagaga97 Posts: 600 Member
    I miss the randomness the older games had, (metors, haunted houses, satellites). It just isn't that fun playing in a world that is all sunshine and roses where nothing bad happens.
    Also NPCs... TS4 needs them, BADLY. #MsCrumplebottom
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I miss playing a real Sims game, a life simulation game.

Sims 1, 2 and 3 are still available
  • Options
    Gnarl_Lee wrote: »

Yeah I know and I still play Sims 3. I have so much fun playing that. I was just responding in context with this thread.... I guess I should be clearer. I miss playing a real Sims game when I play Sims 4. B)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2015
    Aside from the things they left out, the thing that I'm missing in TS4 is innovation. It feels like there's nothing new, or at least, nothing new that actually changes the game up to the extent that generations, open world, CASt, etc. did.

I would have liked to see a massive, lively town with a lot of activities for my Sims to partake in. Things like community pools, community basketball courts, tennis, playgrounds, parks, etc. Grocery, clothing, pizzerias, food courts, food stands, candy shops, restaurants, etc. should have all been in the base game. Cars should have been entirely redone to feel more natural (and door animations!).

Then back at the home, family play should have AT LEAST been done BETTER than The Sims 2. AI should have been flawless, realistic, interesting, and fun to control. Emotions should have been just a layer of the AI, not a whole big selling point/game focus. The time worked on to code the goal systems (like "Talk to a Sim 10 times!") should have been put into making the game a sandbox experience/a simulation which is REALLY what the game's roots are.

The Sims 5 should be like this, at minimum, IMHO. If they can't produce this, then they might as well not bother.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I miss the open world and I also miss my Sims getting into cars added a little realism to the game. I hate the way the babies behave and how the Mother just stands over the crib and the infant pops out. I know we all complained about rabbit holes but at least they gave the sims some place to go in this thing all they do is stay home or go to the bar. I don't know why EA feels it has to go backwards to go forwards, all the sims do is talk, but they really don' do anything different then Sims 3. Shame I do like the clothes and hair and graphs are mush better you just can enjoy the world. There are places I am dying to go with my Sims, but just can't go there it is has if they are teasing us.
  • Options

And when The Sims 4 production ends due to lack of interest, I'll gladly direct you to the Sims Freeplay sequel that is in the works. :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

And when The Sims 4 production ends due to lack of interest, I'll gladly direct you to the Sims Freeplay sequel that is in the works. :)
    Hopefully the Sims 4 production ends sooner rather than later so we can finally get Sims 5.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Hopefully the Sims 4 production ends sooner rather than later so we can finally get Sims 5.

With EA behind the wheel still, I'm not too convinced that it'll be better. :(

They start working on the next base game as expansions are being developed for the current one, so The Sims 5 will likely be started on fairly soon (perhaps this or next year), if there will be one.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I miss nothing because I play Sims 3 (and 2 on the side). I may step on the Sims 4 train again when there's more content and if the gameplay has improved according to the critics.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    since i played only sims 3 and medieval then i really miss cast and open world, i miss see my sims riding they cars, bikes, well i'm not really missing since i still playing the sims 3 and stopped to play sims 4 the last month and probably dont gona go back play since the sims 4 is full load screen mode without cast and with toy cars which are there just as a deco and probably if get added gonna still being pointless since will be just a deco or to see the car vanish in the air like what we already have, nothing really will be good enough for me to make me want play this game with the amount of "load screens" and lack of connection in the world.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Many things I enjoyed in TS3. In TS4 I miss taking my date to a restaurant. I miss driving my vehicle and whoohooing in places other than the bedroom. btw meal times sure do take long lol. I know things will change as the exps. begin making their way to us. So I am content to some degree with TS4 for now. Many other things I miss but won't go into detail. What do you miss? KirkTremble gives all of you a Sim hug. :)

I miss being able to take my dates to restaurants that weren't rabbit holes.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    I miss being able to direct Sims on different lots. That's my biggest complaint about S4. I can't take one Sim to fish in the park while leaving another Sim behind at home to finish their painting or work in the garden.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    AHR404 wrote: »
    I miss being able to direct Sims on different lots. That's my biggest complaint about S4. I can't take one Sim to fish in the park while leaving another Sim behind at home to finish their painting or work in the garden.

I never cared much for that. It became too much too fast too soon with S3. The next thing I new, I was hopping from lot to lot before it became extremely tiring.

S4 meets me half-way. I'll wait for a sim to finish their gardening. Then I'll take the family to a lot where they can all do what I want them to do. That's the joy of being able to edit venues.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    I really miss creativity in Sims 4. I feel trapped by the limitations of this game.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    AHR404 wrote: »
    Me too, I love to manage a whole household like that. See them spend their day in different ways and have them come home in the evening where they join again.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Pool tables. Fuse ball. Volley ball(S1). Tag. Mary Mack. Cops and robbers. These were all group activities that I hope come back soon. Because this game is not very engrossing at the moment.
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > KirkTremble wrote: »
    >
    > How come when Sims marry, the spouse doesn't take on the last name of the other? Or can you make them? ( Just a little wondering)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > testingcheats on
    > cas.fulleditmode
    > Open the Sim in CAS - you can do that just with the dresser, Plan Outfits.

Thank you lutienrising , that helps :)
  • Options
    I am thinking the EA will upgrade TS4 as time goes by. Some of the things we miss or want will most likely be added with a EP or SP. Patience is tough to handle but the reward will be a better Sims 4 adventure. not sure how much EA reads these posts, but think they do from time to time. Well, whether in TS2,3 or 4, happy Simming all. /Sim hugs :wink:
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Where this game was originally designed as an online game (thank you rainbow god that they scrapped that idea) I think the reason so much wasn't in the base game. They scrapped it a year before the release date and had to basically start all over. And with the new engine it's designed on I've heard a lot of bad reviews about it- a lot have said the engine is the same engine online MMOs are designed on.

I will say that Maxis is at least trying whether some people want to admit it or not. They could make us pay for the content their giving us in free updates. But to those who won't play the game due to lack of open worlds and CASt than I'm so sorry you won't get to enjoy the game since they've stated in interviews that the engine won't allow for open worlds or CASt. And they also haven't confirmed a yes or a no about toddlers.

People complained about lack of pools, basements, family trees, etc. and they gave us pools, family trees, and now their giving us 2-story basements with the addition of a 4th story above ground. I really do feel that the reason we have missing base game content is due to them having to rush and release the base game in under a year.

I do feel that there is a need to be proactive in making requests for the content that we miss, but doing it in a mature respectful way. Not to be "gimme gimme gimme or suffer". Again, not saying everyone is like that but there are some. We have to remember that these things take time and lots of money and resources to develop. Try and put yourself in the developer's shoes. Maxis isn't the boss. It may be their game but their under contract with Electronic Arts- their boss. I'm sure Maxis would do everything in their power to make us all happy, but they take direction from EA- whatever EA says they do. If you want to make demands to get content back than maybe we should start targeting EA and not the Maxis team.

There are kinds of things I want for TS4 to make it feel more complete and I have faith that we'll see a lot of the missing content added in free updates and pop up in future EP's.

* Mansard Roofs
    * Toddlers
    * Kitchen Appliances- Dishwashers, Trash Compactors; Blenders
    * Story Progression
    * Electronics- Laptops, Game Consoles, Burglar Alarms; Landline Phones
    * Split Levels- Ability to set foundations for separate rooms or separate buildings.
    * Staircases- Spiral, U-Shaped, L-Shaped & Grand Staircases
    * NPCs- Police Officer, Firefighter, Burglar, Gardener, Butler, Social Bunny, etc..
    * Carpools & Taxis. The return of automobiles & bicycles.
    * The Sims 2 Chemistry aka Turn On's & Turn Off's.
    * Fear system

I have faith that if not all that most of these features will return in the future. Like KirkTremble stated- Patience is tough to handle but the reward will be a better Sims 4 adventure.
  • Options
    MoonSimmerMoonSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    I miss:

Babies youcan carry around/toddlers

Sims actually getting into cars

Cast

More freedom in maps/venues seriously, i hate the mobile game look of the maps.

Not being able to place wherever i feel

And holy cowplant i miss editing terrain levels.
    ea2.jpg
    In the sims, you rule! kinda