Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More/Better Kitchen Items

CloudclawCloudclaw Posts: 28 New Member
I don't know if this is really an idea, but..... I feel that all of the tables are too narrow and too small. All of my dining rooms seem huge. And why are there no regular sized circle tables??? ^^;

It would also be nice to have a wider variety of high-quality appliances that aren't Schmapple brand. I'd also really like a toaster or a kettle, though I guess those wouldn't be super necessary. Maybe a cotton candy maker or popcorn maker? And of course a dishwasher would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    ElectraPotatoElectraPotato Posts: 156 Member
    I definitely agree with more kitchen items! Dishwashers and trash compactors for sure like the other games had. Smaller items would be nice too like blenders, oven mitts, bowls/plates/more utensils, rolling pins, measuring cups and spoons, graters, etc.
  • Options
    > @ElectraPotato said:
    > I definitely agree with more kitchen items! Dishwashers and trash compactors for sure like the other games had. Smaller items would be nice too like blenders, oven mitts, bowls/plates/more utensils, rolling pins, measuring cups and spoons, graters, etc.

I agree ^w^ I'd also love to have double sinks as well, and a drying rack if we never get a dishwasher. I was pretty surprised there wasn't a blender ;w;
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    I agree 100%.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    @Cloudclaw yes to the drying rack! I keep pretending the cup holder is one haha =P
  • Options
    > @ElectraPotato said:
    > Cloudclaw yes to the drying rack! I keep pretending the cup holder is one haha =P

Ah X3 I was using the thing with all the coffee cups on it
  • Options
    @Cloudclaw Yeah that's the one haha =) sometimes I put the pots next to it too.
  • Options
    @ElectraPotato Yup ^w^

I think it would also be nice to have brooms and/or mops that don't just come out of nowhere. Or boxes of cereal or something. My kitchens look so unlived in ^^; I have Sims that live alone but they have huge kitchens and dining rooms with unrealistic clutter and stuff X3 I have a house with all of the decorative teapots on the island because it's so empty, but it still looks weird...
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Where they gave us a baking skill I would love it if they gave us double wall ovens that are built into the cabinets. And for the gourmet cooking they could give us a 5-Star chef oven like we got in The Sims 2 that we used to build restaurants. Also, it would be awesome to have double refrigerators, built in cappuccino machines and over-the-stove microwave ranges. And this doesn't reall fit in with kitchens but it would be nice to have wine cellars with a wine tasting table, wine racks that weren't decorative objects, and interactive wine-making objects.
  • Options
    @Cloudclaw Yea that would be cool and maybe vacuums too! It does feel very unlived in.
  • Options
    > @2HubbiesNLove said:
    > Where they gave us a baking skill I would love it if they gave us double wall ovens that are built into the cabinets. And for the gourmet cooking they could give us a 5-Star chef oven like we got in The Sims 2 that we used to build restaurants. Also, it would be awesome to have double refrigerators, built in cappuccino machines and over-the-stove microwave ranges. And this doesn't reall fit in with kitchens but it would be nice to have wine cellars with a wine tasting table, wine racks that weren't decorative objects, and interactive wine-making objects.

That's an awesome idea! :D I have double ovens in my actual house, and it would be really cool to have them in the game ^w^ And the microwave thing really bothers me. ;w; I love having it over the stove, and just putting it down on a completely clean and clear counter makes the kitchen look even stranger. The wine cellar thing is cool too~^^ I think it would fit in well with the game.

@ElectraPotato Yes! And those swiffer type mops that let you spray the floor. I think we need more ways to clean things overall >w>