Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Mediterranean -- a house by Okido1987

okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around the forums a lot lately ever since I stopped playing TS3. So I'm glad to be back!

This is the second house I created for the Sims 4, the first was a desert starter.

This new house is for the sims looking for a luxurious house and a nice garden with 2 pools.
It has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, the bedroom has a walk-in-closet. The kitchen/dining area is an open area with enough place for your sims to throw a nice dining party. The living room is a comfortable place for your sims to enjoy, with a small open office area as well. The backyard is filled with fun and activities. The deck is for your sims to relax and the small hottub like pool is there for cooling down (the bench at this small pool is decorative and can't be used to sit on unless you make it smaller again). Then there's the larger pool where your sims can enjoy swimming some laps, there's a small sitting area with a beautiful view at the garden and pool. At the other side of the pool there's an activity area, a nice fountain and a little garden nook for the green thumbs. There's enough room to expand when your sims are thinking about expanding their family.

Let me know what you think! I really enjoyed making this house, the idea for the pools was what started the idea for the rest of the house.

I don't seem to be able to post some preview pictures so I hope you enjoy the slideshow and gallery link. Not sure why they don't turn in a blue clickable link though.

Slideshow:
http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Okido1987/slideshow/Modern%20Mediterranean

Link to gallery:
http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/92387B9DCB3411E48B3137B61C12F32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=okido1987&max=25
Post edited by okido1987 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Modern Meditteranean is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in a diagonal direction on the left and right hand sides of the front exterior. The front porchway is nice. It looks nice how you have used stone texture there, and the plants are nice touches either sides of the front door, for sims to enjoy seeing when entering the home. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the home! The foyer are is very nice. The coat stand is a nice home touch in the corner nook, and it looks very pretty and nice how you have placed flowers either ends of the side wall table and have candles and books on top of the table. The table and the pictures on the wall are nice for sims to see when they come into the home. Very nice fireplace sitting area. It looks nice how you have placed the armchairs there, in front of the fire. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a chat, warming up for the fire whilst enjoying listening to the grand piano being played. The wooden texture of the walls is nice, and the scenic picture on the wall is nice for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice living room! The layout of the living room is very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas and armchairs. Very nice tv alcove! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases and cabinets either sides of the tv. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the seats watching tv and reading a book. The books, plants and tea set are nice home touches on the coffee table, Sims will have fun playing chess on the side wall chess table. It looks great how you have used the screen shade to divide off the study desk area. Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer abd looking out at the outdoors views through the window. It looks great how you have placed the windows there! Very nice design of the kitchen and dining room! It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the bar stool counter is great! It looks nice how you have used the stone texture for the walls. The condiments, fruit bowl, cereal box and hot chocolate items are nice honely kitchen touches on the counters for sims to enjoy seeing whilst cooking and dining there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools at the bar counter in the dining area, having a drink and a chat. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on top of the dining table. The brown colour scheme of the walls and furnishings looks nice. The walk in clothes and dresser closet is very nice! The flowers are nice touches on top of the dresser. Very nice master bedroom! It looks nice how you have angled and placed a sofa in the corner of the room. Sims will enjoy sitting there having a rest and a read. The blossom plants on the bedside tables and the picture on the bedhead wall are nice for sims to see when laying in bed. The outdoors patio and backard area is so very nice! Very nice pool area! Sims will have fun swimming in the bigger and smaller pools. The flowers and water fountain feature area near the pools is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the poolside sofa on the back patio enjoying the outdoors air and nice sights, The fish fountain looks nice on the corner of the pool. The hearts on the wall is a nice touch there. The sitting area in the corner of the larger pool is a nice place for sims to relax on the arnchairs in the sunshine. The other corner water fountain feature is so very nice too! Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the punching bag there, or have fun playing horseshoes. They will enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table. Very nice garden nook! The tree stump with the tools on it, the garden hose on the wall and the plants and rocks are nice touches there. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the garden box.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! Good to see you're still around with the Sims 4. I'm sure everyone enjoys reading your reviews, I know I do!
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    WOW! Really love this okido! *runs to download it* I'm super impressed. I only just started building in 4, too. SOO different than 3 in so many ways. Quite challenging for me in base game! lol. Anyway, LOVE your house!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    @bouquetcatcher Thank you very much! I haven't gotten into building like I did in TS3, it's so different, I understand your challenges. And before I bought the game I didn't mind Create a style wouldn't be in it, however now while I build I do find it harder to combine different patterns and objects. I'm glad they added the MOO cheat, landscaping wouldn't be the same without, and the new cheat to make objects bigger is fun! Can't wait to see what you build!
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited March 2015
    Well I finished one build, just uploaded it - The Tipperary. Working on a more modern build next. I hope I get a chance to build with some regularity - especially since building goes so much faster without CASt! - but we'll see! I dl'd your house, can't wait to play in it! Edit: Also YES thank goodness for MOO! and moving up and down!
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Modern Meditteranean is a lovely home.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Thank you Kamb!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Nice home! Good job Okido! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @yanti68 Good to see you around the forum.