Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they gonna open the map again like on sims3?

I think they should open it again... That made the game so good and real. Now we have to wait until it downloads to get to any place. It's annoying.

Comments

• Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    edited March 2015
    They would have to majorly rewrite the game to do that and that's very very very very unlikely

I think they could maybe open up the small neighborhoods though, as in like you could visit your neighbors' houses without a loading screen.

Maybe
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    ChausserChausser Posts: 129 Member
    I wish they'd do what you described, jsn. I don't know if it's possible, but it would improve the game so much. You could rezone buildings in each neighborhood and make small, self contained communities if you wanted to. It would be great!
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    The problem with open world is that if you don't code it properly, you can end up with a new patch that makes The Sims 4 laggier and buggier than The Sims 3.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I don't want the entire world to be open. But I would like the smaller neighbourhoods to be free range. Don't know if it is likely though.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Like joleaco said, I actually don't mind the semi-open world we have. I loved the neighborhoods in The Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets console version. I prefer to have a world that has a real function- not just community parks and all businesses and a majority of community venues are rabbit holes. If they could eliminate the loading between residential lots within the neighborhoods I think people would overlook the open world concept a bit and enjoy the game more. If anybody has played the console version of The Sims 3 knows what I'm talking about. Each neighborhood had about 4 to 5 residential lots and a community park that your Sim could travel, move and explore freely. The open world may have been visually enticing, but playing wise it was dull, boring, didn't have any real charm about it, not to mention at times the game would glitch, freeze, and crash people's computers.
  • Options
    silvertorasilvertora Posts: 2 New Member
    I really hate the way sims 4 is setup - I'm wanting to visit my neighbor, or some place like right next door but I have to "travel" to get there with a very annoying loading screen - this is the main reason that many who loved all the previous sims will end up playing less and less - we can no longer just walk to where we want to go or run - when you click on your sim to go home he/she tends to walk or run a distance away from the place you exited and then "disappear" - (rolls eyes) seriously! What where they thinking - and the neighborhoods are so small and way too compact to be really enjoyable - this means you have to kill off or delete as many npc's just to create a neighborhood to your liking - instead of the sims 4 being an improvement it seems that sims 4 is going back to the basics of sims 1
  • Options
    silvertorasilvertora Posts: 2 New Member
    > @2HubbiesNLove said:
    > Like joleaco said, I actually don't mind the semi-open world we have. I loved the neighborhoods in The Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets console version. I prefer to have a world that has a real function- not just community parks and all businesses and a majority of community venues are rabbit holes. If they could eliminate the loading between residential lots within the neighborhoods I think people would overlook the open world concept a bit and enjoy the game more. If anybody has played the console version of The Sims 3 knows what I'm talking about. Each neighborhood had about 4 to 5 residential lots and a community park that your Sim could travel, move and explore freely. The open world may have been visually enticing, but playing wise it was dull, boring, didn't have any real charm about it, not to mention at times the game would glitch, freeze, and crash people's computers.

I found it only glitched, froze or crashed because of too many incompatible downloads and especially mods - once you found out which one and deleted it then the game was fine, unless your graphics card could not handle the graphics or you had limited RAM in your pc
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    silvertora wrote: »
    > @2HubbiesNLove said:
    > Like joleaco said, I actually don't mind the semi-open world we have. I loved the neighborhoods in The Sims 3 & Sims 3 Pets console version. I prefer to have a world that has a real function- not just community parks and all businesses and a majority of community venues are rabbit holes. If they could eliminate the loading between residential lots within the neighborhoods I think people would overlook the open world concept a bit and enjoy the game more. If anybody has played the console version of The Sims 3 knows what I'm talking about. Each neighborhood had about 4 to 5 residential lots and a community park that your Sim could travel, move and explore freely. The open world may have been visually enticing, but playing wise it was dull, boring, didn't have any real charm about it, not to mention at times the game would glitch, freeze, and crash people's computers.

I found it only glitched, froze or crashed because of too many incompatible downloads and especially mods - once you found out which one and deleted it then the game was fine, unless your graphics card could not handle the graphics or you had limited RAM in your pc

I had to install a mod to stop the glitches. Everything piling up made my game so jittery it was unplayable.

Anyhow, I like how whenever my sims go any where in TS4, there are always a bunch of other sims around. The Sims 3 felt so lonely, I don't know how else to describe it, but it felt like my sims were wandering around in a ghost town. I like that these closed areas always have lots of other Sims doing stuff
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited March 2015
    ClaudiaAF wrote: »
    I think they should open it again... That made the game so good and real. Now we have to wait until it downloads to get to any place. It's annoying.
    I don't think they'll ever fully open it because of the reason it was closed to begin with. Too many people (players) complained that the game just wouldn't run without lag in the open world. (I think the primary cause for lag was excess coding and such from what people have said, but that was where the blame was placed.. on open world) Maybe they'll do the neighborhoods though like @jsn said. That'd be nice. I don't mind the load screens as they are pretty short, but it'd be nice to at least have openness in the little neighborhoods.

joleaco wrote: »

I had to install a mod to stop the glitches. Everything piling up made my game so jittery it was unplayable.

Anyhow, I like how whenever my sims go any where in TS4, there are always a bunch of other sims around. The Sims 3 felt so lonely, I don't know how else to describe it, but it felt like my sims were wandering around in a ghost town. I like that these closed areas always have lots of other Sims doing stuff

Same here.

Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I had to delete a lot of store items I bought. My friend Sammy, who is also a huge Sims fan- she hates TS4. But she bought every item and DLC bundle from the store, put it on a drive, and gave it to me. I never got custom content but I ended up having to delete a lot of the store items because for some reason they glitched on me. I had a EVGA GeForce 750ti graphics card and a 6GB memory drive. When I bought my PC back in 2010 just for playing TS3 I honestly thought my games would play fine. I spent $850.00 on it since it was on sale- it was originally $989.99. It came with a plum video card, which Sammy's husband gave me his old 750ti because he upgraded so he could play his World of Warcraft. My PC still crashed hardcore. I didn't have a high-end PC but it wasn't a low-end PC neither. The video card wasn't the greatest, but it delivered in video performance with most settings on medium with others on high.