Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea for Animals EP: Not just cats and dogs

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    FinklebaxterFinklebaxter Posts: 5 New Member
    I think part of the 'Pets' expansion should include trail riding , barrel racing and some form of roping . Even if it were only a rabbit hole event . Maybe even a 4H option for high schoolin' sims . Speaking of rabbits ... ;)

How about agility or fly ball for the dogs ? Service dogs ? Police dogs ?

Cows alpacas / llamas shouldn't be too hard .
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    KinuBug wrote: »
    I have an idea for an Expansion Pack that is more than just cats, dogs, and horses. I love all of those, but I think it can be expanded upon. Here’s my thought.

Imagine a traditional farm. They have a house for the family, then stables and barns around their land for their animals. There are cows, horses, chickens, and goats, to name a few. These animals aren’t just kept as pets; the family can get materials from them such as milk, eggs, and meat. Some farms open their property up for the town to come to a petting zoo, or shop for the items obtained from the animals which I think would play well with the brand new “Get to Work” EP.

Now alongside the farm aspect, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to walk along a plot with trails specifically designed for hiking? While Sims are hiking along these trails, they would be able to see wildlife such as deer, bears, eagles, etc. Sims could get their photography skill up by taking pictures of the wildlife and go bird watching, or just enjoy the trails themselves. They could even try to get close enough to feed a deer. If Sims wanted to stay the night or a weekend, they could set up tents on camping areas along the trails and enjoy their stay out in the wilderness. While out hiking, maybe a mischievous bear will come and dig through the Sim’s tent for food.

Of course I don’t want to forget the traditional pets. Sims could be able to take their dog with them out on the hiking trails and the dogs could warn them if a bear is nearby, or accidentally spook a deer. Back on the farm, cats would be able to hunt mice and chase away wild rabbits that would destroy the family’s crops. Dogs could be used to help herd the farm animals. With horses, Sims would be able to get from one side of the farm to the other more quickly, or even take them on the hiking trails as well. The Sims would be able to put their camping supplies on their horses.

I know that this EP idea would take quite a while to come out considering how all the animals move differently, but I think it would be AMAZING!

YES YES YES!!!! I wouldn't mind a few exotic pets such lions, tigers and monkeys, just to name a few! To have not added bears to OR was just a joke!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I love the ideas here, but realistically do you think EA will ever do this? Don't refer back to 3, because the interactions and animations for all other animals except dogs, cats and horses were bare minimun. But it would be pretty exciting.
  • Options
    domenicadantedomenicadante Posts: 1 New Member
    I think having farm animals would be great for Sims4. I use to play Sims3 and had horses, dogs, and cats. also, we should have cars for sims4