Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea for Animals EP: Not just cats and dogs

I have an idea for an Expansion Pack that is more than just cats, dogs, and horses. I love all of those, but I think it can be expanded upon. Here’s my thought.

Imagine a traditional farm. They have a house for the family, then stables and barns around their land for their animals. There are cows, horses, chickens, and goats, to name a few. These animals aren’t just kept as pets; the family can get materials from them such as milk, eggs, and meat. Some farms open their property up for the town to come to a petting zoo, or shop for the items obtained from the animals which I think would play well with the brand new “Get to Work” EP.

Now alongside the farm aspect, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to walk along a plot with trails specifically designed for hiking? While Sims are hiking along these trails, they would be able to see wildlife such as deer, bears, eagles, etc. Sims could get their photography skill up by taking pictures of the wildlife and go bird watching, or just enjoy the trails themselves. They could even try to get close enough to feed a deer. If Sims wanted to stay the night or a weekend, they could set up tents on camping areas along the trails and enjoy their stay out in the wilderness. While out hiking, maybe a mischievous bear will come and dig through the Sim’s tent for food.

Of course I don’t want to forget the traditional pets. Sims could be able to take their dog with them out on the hiking trails and the dogs could warn them if a bear is nearby, or accidentally spook a deer. Back on the farm, cats would be able to hunt mice and chase away wild rabbits that would destroy the family’s crops. Dogs could be used to help herd the farm animals. With horses, Sims would be able to get from one side of the farm to the other more quickly, or even take them on the hiking trails as well. The Sims would be able to put their camping supplies on their horses.

I know that this EP idea would take quite a while to come out considering how all the animals move differently, but I think it would be AMAZING!

Comments

• Options
    lewsee413lewsee413 Posts: 3 New Member
    OMG AMAZING IDEA
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    Such great ideas!

I think livestock would be a great part of a farming expansion. Wildlife would be fun if they did another outdoorsy game pack.
  • Options
    KinuBugKinuBug Posts: 138 Member
    Thanks :) I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this would be amazing! :D
  • Options
    starberrykissxstarberrykissx Posts: 748 Member
    good idea .... also has for pets i would not mind having a bat for a pet in the sim 4 cause they are so adorable
  • Options
    lol bats would be a neat pet :)
  • Options
    Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    KinuBug wrote: »
    Now alongside the farm aspect, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to walk along a plot with trails specifically designed for hiking? While Sims are hiking along these trails, they would be able to see wildlife such as deer, bears, eagles, etc. Sims could get their photography skill up by taking pictures of the wildlife and go bird watching, or just enjoy the trails themselves. They could even try to get close enough to feed a deer. If Sims wanted to stay the night or a weekend, they could set up tents on camping areas along the trails and enjoy their stay out in the wilderness. While out hiking, maybe a mischievous bear will come and dig through the Sim’s tent for food.
    I know that this EP idea would take quite a while to come out considering how all the animals move differently, but I think it would be AMAZING!
    Great idea! What I particularly love about this idea is your Sims could photograph different animals. I would like to be able to photograph all kinds of birds--make that a collection and/or a study--possibly for a branch off of a scientists job? I would also like being able to feed the deer.
  • Options
    Thanks Junebug6620! =D That sounds like a great idea as well!! I really hope they do something like this!
  • Options
    @KinuBug You're welcome! :)
    I do like your thought, too, of hiking trails and being able to use your horses to ride those trails. I know this is a little far fetched and more on the fantasy side--but if they did trails, might some of them lead to something awesome--like a fantastic romantic view overlooking a canyon, or a large lake where you might get a glimpse of big foot in the woods? Or how about leading to a small gingerbread house with candies all over it, where a witch lives?
  • Options
    > KinuBug You're welcome!
    > I do like your thought, too, of hiking trails and being able to use your horses to ride those trails. I know this is a little far fetched and more on the fantasy side--but if they did trails, might some of them lead to something awesome--like a fantastic romantic view overlooking a canyon, or a large lake where you might get a glimpse of big foot in the woods? Or how about leading to a small gingerbread house with candies all over it, where a witch lives?

Ooh that would be awesome! Maybe they could find one of those "secret lots" that are in all the worlds =D> @Junebug6620 said:
  • Options
    > KinuBug You're welcome!
    > I do like your thought, too, of hiking trails and being able to use your horses to ride those trails. I know this is a little far fetched and more on the fantasy side--but if they did trails, might some of them lead to something awesome--like a fantastic romantic view overlooking a canyon, or a large lake where you might get a glimpse of big foot in the woods? Or how about leading to a small gingerbread house with candies all over it, where a witch lives?

Ooh that would be awesome! Maybe they could find one of those "secret lots" that are in all the worlds =D> @Junebug6620 said:

Exactly! I could never get enough of hidden or secret places. Sooo much fun! :smiley:
  • Options
    I think another great idea would be the ability to play fetch with your dog by throwing the toy into the lake or river! =D
  • Options
    KittyCatLadyKittyCatLady Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Nice! :)
  • Options
    JialimeiJialimei Posts: 61 Member
    I've been waiting for a farm ep for forever, but it's never come. x) We kind-of-sort-of got that with some of the store content in TS3, but not really. I'm actually worried about them diversifying a bit too much! I just want the farm and domestic animals. :X Maybe a game pack?
  • Options
    MayumihatakeMayumihatake Posts: 84 Member
    I LOVE this idea...it just sounds like a bigger project than an EP. I WOULDN'T mind a farming business EP of some sort though. I love the idea of deer(which would be possible as EA's done it in TS3) I wouldn't mind if the farming animals were more NPC-ish vs pet....such as goats, chickens and milk cows.
  • Options
    domestictipudomestictipu Posts: 233 Member
    I'd love to have pigs as pets. Similar to the decoration pig that came with base game. They'd be really cute! They could be indoor pets aswell as outdoor. Much like cats and dogs in past pet expansions. They could sniff up collectibles too, (truffles)!
    wedding%2Bhobo.png
  • Options
    JialimeiJialimei Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oh, and we could have a new vet career! :smiley:

Maybe using a new skill called "animal sense" in addition to logic?
  • Options
    worldofloolooworldoflooloo Posts: 137 Member
    > @KinuBug said:
    > I have an idea for an Expansion Pack that is more than just cats, dogs, and horses. I love all of those, but I think it can be expanded upon. Here’s my thought.
    >
    > Imagine a traditional farm. They have a house for the family, then stables and barns around their land for their animals. There are cows, horses, chickens, and goats, to name a few. These animals aren’t just kept as pets; the family can get materials from them such as milk, eggs, and meat. Some farms open their property up for the town to come to a petting zoo, or shop for the items obtained from the animals which I think would play well with the brand new “Get to Work” EP.
    >
    > Now alongside the farm aspect, wouldn’t it be nice to be able to walk along a plot with trails specifically designed for hiking? While Sims are hiking along these trails, they would be able to see wildlife such as deer, bears, eagles, etc. Sims could get their photography skill up by taking pictures of the wildlife and go bird watching, or just enjoy the trails themselves. They could even try to get close enough to feed a deer. If Sims wanted to stay the night or a weekend, they could set up tents on camping areas along the trails and enjoy their stay out in the wilderness. While out hiking, maybe a mischievous bear will come and dig through the Sim’s tent for food.
    >
    > Of course I don’t want to forget the traditional pets. Sims could be able to take their dog with them out on the hiking trails and the dogs could warn them if a bear is nearby, or accidentally spook a deer. Back on the farm, cats would be able to hunt mice and chase away wild rabbits that would destroy the family’s crops. Dogs could be used to help herd the farm animals. With horses, Sims would be able to get from one side of the farm to the other more quickly, or even take them on the hiking trails as well. The Sims would be able to put their camping supplies on their horses.
    >
    > I know that this EP idea would take quite a while to come out considering how all the animals move differently, but I think it would be AMAZING!

I grew up on a farm so would love this!
  • Options
    crzygrl13crzygrl13 Posts: 53 Member
    In another thread I said we should be allowed to have alien pets since we travel to space. Imagine a alien leaving a trail of slime across the floor and the neat freak loosing their cool over it and a clumsy sim slipping and falling from the slim.....oh the possibilities!
  • Options
    crzygrl13crzygrl13 Posts: 53 Member
    We had horses but cows are not that much different in movement and a goat would be fun if it got inside and started eating things and maybe headbutting your emeny.
  • Options
    DilaxerDilaxer Posts: 270 Member
    Cool idea! I hope SimGurus will read this.
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I have an idea for an Expansion Pack that is more than just cats, dogs, and horses. I love all of those, but I think it can be expanded upon. Here’s my thought.

Imagine a traditional farm. They have a house for the family, then stables and barns around their land for their animals. There are cows, horses, chickens, and goats, to name a few. These animals aren’t just kept as pets; the family can get materials from them such as milk, eggs, and meat. Some farms open their property up for the town to come to a petting zoo, or shop for the items obtained from the animals which I think would play well with the brand new “Get to Work” EP.

Of course I don’t want to forget the traditional pets. Sims could be able to take their dog with them out on the hiking trails and the dogs could warn them if a bear is nearby, or accidentally spook a deer. Back on the farm, cats would be able to hunt mice and chase away wild rabbits that would destroy the family’s crops. Dogs could be used to help herd the farm animals. With horses, Sims would be able to get from one side of the farm to the other more quickly, or even take them on the hiking trails as well. The Sims would be able to put their camping supplies on their horses.

What Great Idea!!! I was thinking the same with a farm, I love the fact of being able to get milk, eggs, etc. from the animals and the hiking trail sounds awesome..
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    When I play the Sims 3 I love being a farmer with the cow, chickens, horses, and pets dogs&cats. I use the little farm stand and the tractor. I just love the farming idea.
  • Options
    I think another great idea would be the ability to play fetch with your dog by throwing the toy into the lake or river! =D

That is a great idea too! :)
  • Options
    I LOVE this idea...it just sounds like a bigger project than an EP. I WOULDN'T mind a farming business EP of some sort though. I love the idea of deer(which would be possible as EA's done it in TS3) I wouldn't mind if the farming animals were more NPC-ish vs pet....such as goats, chickens and milk cows.

AND Sheep, people...Don't forget Sheep! :) I have to keep reminding all---let's have sheep, please! LOL :)
  • Options
    I'd love to have pigs as pets. Similar to the decoration pig that came with base game. They'd be really cute! They could be indoor pets aswell as outdoor. Much like cats and dogs in past pet expansions. They could sniff up collectibles too, (truffles)!

I really like this idea--as we already have mushrooms. The pigs could help find truffles, since they are a huge delicacy and would make a huge profit also, for your Sim! They could include them in a market type of business and/or with French cooking.