Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selecting a new desktop ...

Comments

• Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    @phoebebebe13 would this one accommodate both Cities Skylines & Sims 4. Just thought i'd ask and see if i could put it down as a second option. Thanks :)
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 would this one accommodate both Cities Skylines & Sims 4. Just thought i'd ask and see if i could put it down as a second option. Thanks :)

which one :D
  • Options
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options

let me get @chesterbigbird, they play cities sylines.

chester aprilrose needs help with a computer for sims 4 and cities skylines and I know you play that THanks!!!
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 great thanks!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    @phoebebebe13 great thanks!

chester is on the run so they will probably answer you when they get back on
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 no worries.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    @aprilrose what is your max budget?
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    @chesterbigbird I'd like to not go beyond $1,250 including taxes but of course less is always good.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    @chesterbigbird I'd like to not go beyond $1,250 including taxes but of course less is always good.
    OK that's a nice budget do you need monitor?

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited March 2015
    See what you think :
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1GVCC1
    This does not include monitor
    You can also change the colour of the case lighting.. red/blue or green.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

Most likely I will need a monitor.
    See what you think :

Looks like a mean machine by the price. It's still within my budget, do you know if they have sales often? I did look at this one before, @phoebebebe13 lead me to an earlier thread where you recommended this one I believe.

So this one wouldn't be a good buy? > https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/St_Patricks_Day_AMD_8-Core/

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options

See what you think :

Looks like a mean machine by the price. It's still within my budget, do you know if they have sales often? I did look at this one before, @phoebebebe13 lead me to an earlier thread where you recommended this one I believe.

So this one wouldn't be a good buy? > https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/St_Patricks_Day_AMD_8-Core/

The one chester posted is better and has a better video card, better processor and other things. Chester and I are both Nvida users.
    I just bought that computer for my son. Chester built mine too. The one chester just posted to you not the AMD one.
  • Options
    The pc link I sent you.. was an edited pc, was not as they listed. I edited the original listed pc to make it better :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options

See what you think :

The one chester posted is better and has a better video card, better processor and other things. Chester and I are both Nvida users.
    I just bought that computer for my son. Chester built mine too. The one chester just posted to you not the AMD one.

Oh, okay got it.

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options

See what you think :

Oh, okay got it.

Plus since you are new at this. I call Nvida for dummies which includes me. LOL Nvida control panel for their cards is so easy once you know how to use it. Nvida also makes better cards than AMD overall. I do not like AMD or their control panel with their cards. its very confusing. If you decide on teh computer chester posted for you, when you get it post back and we can help you set up your control panel to work for the games.
  • Options

See what you think :

Oh, okay got it.
    If you want anything changed just ask.. the base computers they sell are good.. but if you edited them you can make them better ;)
    The one you linked is ok, but it comes with a standard power supply and standard ram and a standard case, and an average motherboard.
    intel is also better for the cpu, it produces less heat and is more efficient.
    Always try to look at each particular part, there are some bad component brands and some good.. just got to know what to choose.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    edited March 2015

If you want anything changed just ask.. the base computers they sell are good.. but if you edited them you can make them better ;)
    The one you linked is ok, but it comes with a standard power supply and standard ram and a standard case, and an average motherboard.
    Always try to look at each particular part, there are some bad component brands and some good.. just got to know what to choose.

Since it is an investment it would be best to get the best right off the bat. I honestly wouldn't even know where to start as far as editing so most likely i'll buy as is. I'm so happy I found you @chesterbigbird when it comes to computer parts & specs I wouldn't know what to do. If my life depended on it, well then, so long world lol. You've been a big help. So has @phoebebebe13 who got me in touch with you. You both are awesome. I'll be seeking you both out when i'm ready to make the purchase and after to set up control panel.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options

Since it is an investment it would be best to get the best right off the bat. I honestly wouldn't even know where to start as far as editing so most likely i'll buy as is. I'm so happy I found you @chesterbigbird when it comes to computer parts & specs I wouldn't know what to do. If my life depended on it, well then, so long world lol. You've been a big help. So has @phoebebebe13 who got me in touch with you. You both are awesome. I'll be seeking you both out when i'm ready to make the purchase and after to set up control panel.

No problem and your very welcome.
  • Options

your Welcome :)
    We have all been in the same situation.. so its nice to help others.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Quick question, does it matter what type of monitor I use? @chesterbigbird @phoebebebe13
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Quick question, does it matter what type of monitor I use? @chesterbigbird @phoebebebe13

since chester built it for you they would be the best to answer. It might include a monitor in the build. Which one did you decide on?
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 im going with the pre built z97-i5. I plan on purchasing mid next month if it's still on sale then. I really hope so.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    edited March 2015
    @phoebebebe13 im going with the pre built z97-i5. I plan on purchasing mid next month if it's still on sale then. I really hope so.

resolution should be 1080p and average is 60Hz . That is what all my TV's are and my son will be gaming on the TV because we have a 3d TV. He got the same model only we customized it.

If you have a TV 1080p 60hz or better you can use the TV for a monitor. If you don't like the way your game looks on it you can go buy a monitor. All you need is an HDMI cord from computer to TV. They are cheap. I have a 15 ft one in my living room I hook my laptop to. Cyberpower sells the HDMI cords too in different lengths if you scroll down the options for that desktop
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @phoebebebe13 @chesterbigbird I've been reading some horror story reviews from some upset customers regarding cyberpowerpc. Is there another company out there you would recommend? I really don't want any issues after spending $1,000+ on a computer. Granted they were reviews from 2012 but you never know. Do either one of you own one from them?

Right now I'm eyeing and leaning towards the Asus ROG G20 which was mentioned in the original posters post and I believe I read that Phoebe has one. It's more in my price range without going crazy and the reviews are pretty good. If i read the specs right i should have no problem playing sims 4 & cities skylines with this one.
    Post edited by aprilrose on
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free