Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Just-Phoebe-Me It does make sense :) You could always do a blog...
  • Options
    Just-Phoebe-MeJust-Phoebe-Me Posts: 11 New Member
    @misfit091376 But, then my YouTube Channel will not have the videos that the live-stream would produce, and I want to share it with them. Also, I am not good at blogging. I start and never finish.
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I know I've been playing this challenge so much that I'm almost finished with house #1. Only 4 days until my heir ages and the house just needs a little more decorating.
    Awesome!! =)
    I tested live-streaming on both YouTube & Twitch this past week. It looks like, I will have to wait until I can build my new Gaming Computer before I can stream. And I don't want to start the challenge until I can do so. Does that make sense?
    Makes PERFECT sense!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @misfit091376 But, then my YouTube Channel will not have the videos that the live-stream would produce, and I want to share it with them. Also, I am not good at blogging. I start and never finish.

That is true...
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    I'm getting so anxious to start this. My original plan was to get started this week, but I got more in depth with my Orphans story than I originally planned. So while game wise I'm nearly done with the challenge, story wise there is quite a bit more to go.

Revising my start timeline for the drifter chsllenge to October. :neutral:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Started today.. and four hours later.. realized I made a major mistake and automatically controlled the second sim I moved in. *facepalm* Luckily I saved a second "do over" save at the beginning (after emptying out the world), so I only lose a few hours of play. I am so laughing at myself now. I should know better, I've been playing my ISBI recently too. Fun challenge, though. :smiley: Now to try this again...
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @cshaner I understand how it is when the story needs to catch up to the gameplay as that is exactly where I am with my story. In the story my heir is still a teen while in game he has already graduated university. I'll be looking forward to following your challenge once you get it started. I'm going to put your orphan challenge on my reading list since its almost completed.

@IllusoryThrall Thank Heavens you did save the empty world. I remember how much work that was and it would be awful if you had to do that again. I wish you luck with your challenge and I look forward to following it.

I posted my final update for House #1

kgcN1x.png

Diary of a Drifter House 1 Chapter 5-Queen Darlene's Palace (completed)

Now onto House #2
  • Options
    Started today.. and four hours later.. realized I made a major mistake and automatically controlled the second sim I moved in. *facepalm* Luckily I saved a second "do over" save at the beginning (after emptying out the world), so I only lose a few hours of play. I am so laughing at myself now. I should know better, I've been playing my ISBI recently too. Fun challenge, though. :smiley: Now to try this again...

Aww, lol. It's definitely a good thing that you saved the empty world! Try not to forget to do a separate save at the end of each house!! I failed house 003, and forgot to do separate saves and had to start all over!

@Piazzagirl1015 Off to read yours :)
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 wrll as I said the challenge is nearly done but the story has a ways to go yet and I only release chapters twice a week. Is probably more through my story more swiftly if I released more often, I just don't want to fall behind. :)

I want to read drifter challenges soooo bad but I don't want to spoil the challenge for myself more than I have already having watched a few lets plays and read the first 4 or 5 chapters of a few drifter challenges. ;) I will catch up on house 001 drifter challenges once I've started house 002!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • Options
    @misfit091376 I know the statement wasn't directed towards me but thanks for the reminder on saving the house files seperately as I almost didn't.

@cshaner The fact that the challenge is done tells me that you will complete the story. I have started reading so many sim stories where the author abandons the project and it sounds like yours will not be one of them. :)

No worries as I understand you want to keep some surprises for yourself. I read stories that went ahead in the challenge but I didn't read the rules for the second house until my heir was a teen when I was close to finishing. I don't know the rules for the third house yet.

I hope you don't mind if I do give you one piece of advice before starting. A few nice people here gave some tips on game play for the challenge that I wished I read earlier than I did. It would have made life easier for me and I plan to follow them in the next house.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 oh yes!!! I even asked for tips and stuff on this thread!! Things like creating groups and using the everyone do this type thing.

Also having certain moodet items in the area to get the uncontrollable sims to do stuff etc.

I certainly keep up with this thread and will use the tips offered!!

And yes, I have no intention of abandoning my orphan challenge or my full 10 Gen legacy for that matter. ;) though honestly I'm sure no one goes into it probably thinking they will abandon.

Writing the story around the game play adds so much more to the game for me that I'm still very involved!!
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 congrats on finishing house 001! Erica is beautiful and I can't wait to read her journey in the next house!
  • Options
    @IllusoryThrall Welcome! I hope u enjoy The Drifter Challenge!!

@Piazzagirl1015 GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 001!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    Ahh! I just realized that I never posted my last house 1 update here! Here is the final chapter of house 1!

Chapter 1.7 - Onward, My Friends!
  • Options
    @cshaner Thats exactly what I was talking about the moodlet items for the uncontrollable sims. I had wished I known about that earlier. Things turned out fine for me even after having that knowledge but if I was to do it over again I would have used those items.

I don't think anyone intentionally starts a story knowing they won't complete it. Some of these sim challenges take a long time and when you add a story in back of it it takes longer. Real Life, save file corruption, and computer troubles also get in the way. I not saying I'm picky about reading stories as I love doing reading them but its nice to pick up a new story that you know will have an ending. Besides I never heard of the orphan challenge so I'm curious about it.

I agree the game sometimes gives you better writing material. In generation 2 I wanted my heiress to marry a certain sim and in game he actually called her for a date. Now this is all game mechanics, when she got there he was the one who had a girlfriend and he accused her of cheating ended the date and left. That scene never made it into my story but I married my heiress off to my second choice for her which happened to make a much better story.

@mojot89 Thanks :) I'm off to read your last chapter for house #1 :)

@Vihisha Thank you so much and I'm really enjoying this challenge.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 omg!!! I'm so sad for your heiress. I seriously hate when the love interest I want doesn't work out.
  • Options
    @cshaner It all worked out anyway but that is one of the main reasons I try to include a lot of randomness as possible. In this challenge I'm rolling for traits for that very reason.
  • Options
    I have some VERY important info concerning The Drifter Challenge! I cannot post the video explanation here because it does have RL webcam footage....but PLEASE visit my channel @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkN_yJd3CP3h7IwC-vCxK7A for all the info!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Hmmm guess I'll finish off my current house but stop playing it before Bellamy ages up that way I can move the whole family to the new world without it effecting family ties. That is unless the rules for House 1 are going to be changing dramatically from what they currently are. Either way I definitely want to complete House One. If all else fails and I end up deciding to start over all together I can use Bellamy as my new Founder.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @Piazzagirl1015 I almost always random all traits and aspirations for my sims. The founder I'll often choose, but all heirs etc I figure that's how real life would be. We don't get to pick if we get a genius, or a geek or a sad child etc.

I love randomizing and seeing what the game throws at me.
    Post edited by cshaner on
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Hmmm guess I'll finish off my current house but stop playing it before Bellamy ages up that way I can move the whole family to the new world without it effecting family ties. That is unless the rules for House 1 are going to be changing dramatically from what they currently are. Either way I definitely want to complete House One. If all else fails and I end up deciding to start over all together I can use Bellamy as my new Founder.

The majority of the rule changes r house locations (any that were in Newcrest or Windenburg will b relocated). U also will have access 2 more lots & things...but the overall Drifter Challenge house mini-challenge rules will not b affected (in 99% of the cases)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    @Vihisha I absolutely loved your video!! I haven't watched any of yours before now (sorry...new to the Drifter life. :smile: ) you were so friendly and charming. I know you said in your video that it would be a couple weeks before the rules updates were ready for release, so that will work out perfectly for me to begin drifting.

I'm completely in awe of you running a challenge house every month for going on 20 months (and will be 2 years when you finish) that's an awesome commitment, and thank you for your dedication to the community.

I completely understand about wanting some time to actually play your own work! :smile:
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    3KNPen wrote: »

The majority of the rule changes r house locations (any that were in Newcrest or Windenburg will b relocated). U also will have access 2 more lots & things...but the overall Drifter Challenge house mini-challenge rules will not b affected (in 99% of the cases)

Hmmm K then I guess I'll continue on and stop before splitting into house two. I'll have to delete the Villareals from the new save otherwise I'll have duplicates (or I guess I could leave the 3 kids behind) but that wouldn't really effect any of the clubs or club locations in the game.

*ponders* Guess I'll still wait and see what happens with the rules before going forward. I'm taking the next month off playing anything more strenuous then then my Survivor play through save anyway just because I'm so busy in Real Life so that will give me time to ponder options.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited September 2016
    Link to my first post for house 001: here (there will probably only be two-three posts for the first house, because so much of it is just garden, collect, sleep, do it all over again.) I'm having a blast, however! In fact, I'm just about to head back in game to find out what the heir will be!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top