Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 You should. It's sad to see them go, but this way, you'll have "clones" of them :) So far, WoW is fun. I like the demon hunter class. But again, I've not played long. I was going to play, but worked on house 008 instead lol. This challenge is addictive!! That was another reason I waited to play (the lag/crowds).

I stuck to the building for the same reason :) I finished Race! Great story, and I look forward to more!
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 Thanks! I really appreciate that! I'm all up to date on yours as well! Erica's a little cutie! And congrats on hitting the halfway point!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'm putting some thought into starting this.. it's just the sort of thing I like.. my only hang-up is my failure (so far) to get sims in Sims 4 to max in their careers. I've tried multiple times, but I just haven't been able to do it. Obviously, as you get further into the drifter challenge, you start having to get to lvl 10 in careers.. and I just don't know if I can get them to do it. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on it.. or should I just give the challenge a go and hope it works out?
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I'm putting some thought into starting this.. it's just the sort of thing I like.. my only hang-up is my failure (so far) to get sims in Sims 4 to max in their careers. I've tried multiple times, but I just haven't been able to do it. Obviously, as you get further into the drifter challenge, you start having to get to lvl 10 in careers.. and I just don't know if I can get them to do it. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on it.. or should I just give the challenge a go and hope it works out?

My advice for topping careers is to get two traits that are invaluable: Carefree allows you to make them work hard without getting tense. They still lose their fun need but they won't get tense so they'll stay in a good mood for work. Entrepreneurial helps increase the work performance faster.

If you're having a hard time getting their skills up or daily tasks done you could always use moodlet solver potions for that. My sim practically lived on moodlet solvers in order to complete houses 003 and 004. I'm not giving any details here since a lot of the people on the house 001 thread haven't read on to other houses rules and would be upset if I did. In order to get so many satisfaction points I switch aspirations a lot in the beginning and if it's an heir from a previous house I try to trick them into doing as much of the childhood aspirations as possible without actually controlling them. I wrote out a whole thing on how to do that if you're interested I can copy and paste it for you.
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Rainydayz179 I would love tips on how to get uncontrollable sims to do our bidding! :wink:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    @cshaner The Form Group option is a fabulous way 2 get those non-playable Sims doing tasks & building skills w/out actually controlling them!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Form Group also works wonderfully to bring Sims home if they choose to wander away from the homestead for whatever reason and refuse to come home. Though I do admit I miss the "Call Home" feature from Sims 3 which was a godsend when playing ISBIs lol.

Also the trick I stole from someone here to getting Sim children/teens to do their homework is buy an easel and have your sim get focused to do the Mathematical Drawing enable the focused mood and place it in a main area. That will get anyone near it focused and being focused will encourage them to do their homework. They don't always do it but most of the time they seem to at least get it partially done. Just keep an eye on your teens because there's a bug where they'll never put their normal homework back in their inventory (though extra credit they will) on their own so I usually just drag it into their inventory when I see it lying around. But they won't get credit for completing it unless they actually have it in their inventory when they go to school. I figured it was okay to do this since it's a known bug issue with the game.
    ~ ~ ~
    Those are all awesome tips!! I still haven't started my house 001 yet but I'm still looking forward to doing so soon!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    All these new tips are coming out after I've finished house 1! At least I'll have them for house 2!
    @3KNPen I wouldn't have thought of making a group with my own household on my home lot! Such a good idea.
    Finally managed to wrangle my write up for Week 4 into shape.

Full Write Up Can Be Found: HERE

But continue on for a quick summary of the week.

iof7d5.jpg
    Luna has become the kiss of death where plumbing and electronics in the house are concerned. If something is broken you can guarantee that 9 out of 10 times she will have been the last person to use it.

96j31d.jpg
    Because of how busy she is most of the time family time involving Cassandra usually involve her playing the guitar for the crowd of her family. Hey it keeps the relationship bars pretty full and Cassandra gets to work on her guitar skill at the same time so I'm not going to complain.

34qsfnq.jpg
    It's Cassandra's birthday and the poor thing ends up spending it alone since I couldn't call anyone in to join the celebration. Bellamy and Luna were asleep, Max was in the downstairs bathroom taking selfies and I'm not sure what Hugo was doing since he was upstairs at the time.

24oaiqd.jpg
    Hugo becomes only our second accident from the uncontrollables in the challenge. This was mostly my fault. I didn't get Cassandra up quick enough to fix the toilet in the upstairs bathroom and someone was using the downstairs one so he didn't make it in time.

2h5ta49.jpg
    2j4pjsy.jpg
    qxw0td.jpg
    Bellamy aged up. I squeed pretty loudly when I saw him. He takes after his dad a lot and is extremely skinny and has an interesting prominent nose but I LOVE him for it so very much. I love playing interesting looking sims and he definitely fits the bill.
    He aged up with the perfectionist trait and the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration. Not sure how those will work with House 2 but I guess we'll find out soon. (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

34826p2.jpg
    33afdb8.jpg
    wqy0t3.jpg
    wwncxk.jpg
    Various rooms and areas of the interior started to get decorated.

2exbudg.jpg
    A comparison between brothers.

200w6ls.jpg
    We have illness running rampant through the household and I'm not really sure how to deal with it when I can't control the sims who are getting sick. So far only Max's illness has been super worrisome. It made him Playful and I am not sure if another Sim can calm a sim down if they reach the Hysterical mood level.

33xy4bk.jpg
    Cassandra has reached a high enough level of Guitar Skill that she can now write songs. Unfortunately I don't think there's enough days/weeks left for us to complete her aspiration but we're going to try to get as much done of it as we can.

11kfi9s.jpg
    2dluagj.jpg
    The house at the end of Week 4. The exterior f the house is pretty much done now (I just need to finish off the top of the house) though there's a lot I'd love to do in terms of landscaping and stuff. Interior is starting to come along. My goal for the moment is to of course reach the money level goal for this house (which should be totally doable in the time remaining) and get the house to a basic livable state of completion and then go back and decorate more if time and money permits. I know it's not going to be as complete as I would like it but it should provide the family with everything they need to survive and enjoy the remainder of their lives once we switch to another household.
    ~ ~ ~
    For all that is interested in the tips I typed up for uncontrollable children...

Artistic prodigy has been a no-go for me as I've never had a kid autonomously use the art table but I know it's possible so buy one anyway and have a inspired lamp or something near it.

Ramp scamp- get them playful by telling jokes and (when you have one) take them to the park. There's no autonomous typing practice that I know of but you can get their motor to 5 with things like the motion gaming rig. Just watch their needs because they get stuck in that thing.

Social butterfly is hit and miss. When you have the park take them with it on and hope they meet 5 sims. You can get them to 5 social just talking to them but that's as far as this one can go...

Whiz kid is surprisingly the best. Read to them and play chess with them. If you help with homework they will get a focused moodlet. You can get to 5 mental with the playing chess. Next is an A which is very possible if you have focused objects in the house.

Another tip for getting focusing objects if you don't have the lamps in addition to the painting that was already suggested is sending some cheap crystals or metals to the geocouncil because the elements you get back in the mail have a focusing aura and you can hide them all over the house using moo.
    @Rainydayz179 thanks for the tips! I struggled figuring out which aspirations to give the kids because I didn't know which were easiest without micromanaging them. This is really helpful!
    In terms of skills social is definitely the easiest. I've had kids autonomously get themselves to level 10 in other saves. Granted they're not going to be running into people quite as often in this type of save as they can in others but just have them talk to your sim for a little while and they can get one or two levels per conversation. They might also use the puppet theater autonomously which will raise their social too though it does it very slowly.

For Motor Skill have the monkey bars or a stereo and then have literally nothing else for them entertainment wise to do in the house and they will raise their motor skills pretty easily.

Mental as previously noted chess is the way to go.

Completing the actual aspirations...yeah I'm not sure that's possible with an uncontrollable skill but the mental one does seem like it would be the easiest to try to do it with.

And getting an A is quite doable. Max in my save autonomously pulled himself all the way up from a low D to an A during his childhood (and we obtained him already several days into his childhood) just by the use of the focus painting and having at least a couple of things he could gain skills with. I didn't have any problems with him as a teen or Bellamy as a child in getting them A's. We'll have to see how Bell's teen years go but I don't think he'll 'cause me any trouble.

For me probably the most important thing is the grade and the skills since those will be more helpful in starting the next house the reward traits from completing the aspirations are nice but really not as useful in the long-run. Of course this is just my knowledge in going from House 1 to House to an not knowing what's coming this doesn't apply to future houses where there are different requirements and stuff.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @misfit091376 Most of my toons were hunters (or in my case huntards) so its tempting to find out about the demon hunter butI'm going to restrain myself. Right now this challenge has become my main addiction. I'm glad that you enjoyed Race I am working on the next chapter as I release one every two to three weeks.

@mojot89 I just read your last update and I love the way the house is coming along. You are doing a great job on it.

I would like to thank @Rainydayz179 @Vihisha and @3KNPen for all the tips which I definitely plan on using. It was so difficult for me not to direct the child to do her homework especially when getting the messages that she could have done better.
    I would like to thank @Rainydayz179 @Vihisha and @3KNPen for all the tips which I definitely plan on using. It was so difficult for me not to direct the child to do her homework especially when getting the messages that she could have done better.

It takes some getting used to having uncontrollable sims. I had them in my ISBI save but there's stuff we're allowed to do in Drifter like forming a group to garden and fish that we're not allowed to do in ISBI so I haven't been playing it much anymore. Switching between different challenges made it hard to remember the particular rules in ones that were similar. Ironically, once I made it to a house that I could control an additional sim it felt very strange doing so. :D
    @Piazzagirl1015 I feel ya. I actually haven't been playing WoW lol, because this challenge draws me in more ;)
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Just keep an eye on your teens because there's a bug where they'll never put their normal homework back in their inventory (though extra credit they will) on their own so I usually just drag it into their inventory when I see it lying around. But they won't get credit for completing it unless they actually have it in their inventory when they go to school. I figured it was okay to do this since it's a known bug issue with the game.
    No Worries either way...as u are allowed 2 put things in & take things out of Non-Playable Sims' inventories @ any time (exception would b dragging a Death Flower in there) anyhow :) It's only against the rules 2 instruct those Non-Playable Sims to interact w/the objects that have been placed in their personal inventories!
    @Piazzagirl1015 I feel ya. I actually haven't been playing WoW lol, because this challenge draws me in more ;)
    Booyah!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited September 2016
    @misfit091376 I know I've been playing this challenge so much that I'm almost finished with house #1. Only 4 days until my heir ages and the house just needs a little more decorating.

@mojot89 Read and Commented on your update.

I just posted another update. House 1 Chapter 4-Almost Finished
  • Just-Phoebe-MeJust-Phoebe-Me Posts: 11 New Member
    I tested live-streaming on both YouTube & Twitch this past week. It looks like, I will have to wait until I can build my new Gaming Computer before I can stream. And I don't want to start the challenge until I can do so. Does that make sense?
    @misfit091376 I know I've been playing this challenge so much that I'm almost finished with house #1. Only 4 days until my heir ages and the house just needs a little more decorating.

I just posted another update. House 1 Chapter 4-Almost Finished

Yay!! I'm off to read :) I was out of town and busy, so I haven't played this week :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top