Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the point of skilling for children

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    LOL.. skills dont transfer when aging? Whose bright idea was that? Yeah ill stick to Sims 3 getting most skills level 3 at toddler age.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    matthewb82 wrote: »
    matthewb82 wrote: »
    It's probably due to people like myself in Sims 3 maxing out skills as a child so they entered the workforce as super adults. They put this in there to waste time as a child but still giving them goals - so that they will still have the full plethora of adult tasks to do.
    In my game they are kids for 7 days and during that time they mostly go to school, make homework and sleep. In the weekends they do kids stuff like playing and working on their skills. Only once did that produce a super adult: a natural born vampire who learned extremely quickly.
    I think it's great when children can work on skills, it gives them a vantage when they grow up. It's nice to start playing young adults that have more to them than the ones you create in CAS to start a game with. It's also realistic.
    I'm thinking too of Sims 3 with many expansions. Once you had the tablet and could learn skills while at school, my Sim child would be maxed at everything by the time she was an adult.
    I have all expansions and the tablet but that I didn't know :o

Yes many of my kids maxed out as adults due to the tablet but good if your a legacy player. Once they're adults they are so easy to play that it makes it that much easier if they get married and have a large family to tend to.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    All of my kids have maxed out their perspective skills and are working on adult skills right now.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    LOL.. skills dont transfer when aging? Whose bright idea was that? Yeah ill stick to Sims 3 getting most skills level 3 at toddler age.

Well, they do if you manage to max out one of the 4 children skill categories ...
    as soon as this happens your kid has the chance to learn the "real adult skills" that are connected to the maxed out category.
    (AFAIK learning those adult skills as a child even happens at an increased rate to make up for the problable outcome that at this point you don´t have more than 1-2 days of childhood remaining)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    Kai wrote: »
    I think its cool my kid finished his aspiration in motor and now has a new trait "physically gifted," which allows him to build adult physical skills faster which I thought was cool!

Thanks for this information, I didn't know that we can earn special traits by finishing children's aspirations! I must admit that I never manage to finish any aspirations in the game :'( .

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I've always hated that skills don't transfer from child to teen. It just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    All of my kids have maxed out their perspective skills and are working on adult skills right now.

Same here. One of my kids practically lives at the chess table. He's now at level four in logic. His sister had level two charisma when she turned into a teen and their younger sister is just beating them both. She's got at least three adult skills at level two and she's still got a ways to go before she becomes a teen.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    EvieMaiye95EvieMaiye95 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm terrible with my children on the sims, I don't do anything with their skills :/ haha
    Check out my origin ID on the gallery at EvieMaiye95