December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
November 29 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    @MsPrissy88 The Drifter Challenge House 002 launches this Thursday...so it's not quite out yet =)

    Use the Save As function.....I keep my current game file & I always make a back up in case something were 2 happen. When u end House 001 & move onto House 002...u could just label your Save TDC 001 & TDC 002...or Current & Past...or something like that!? You'll wanna' do that especially if u r following along w/the different house mini-challenges in case u don't meet the goals within the allotted time or something yanno?! Would b a shame 2 "lose all the progress" you've made from House 001 =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,021 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 The Drifter Challenge House 002 launches this Thursday...so it's not quite out yet =)

    Use the Save As function.....I keep my current game file & I always make a back up in case something were 2 happen. When u end House 001 & move onto House 002...u could just label your Save TDC 001 & TDC 002...or Current & Past...or something like that!? You'll wanna' do that especially if u r following along w/the different house mini-challenges in case u don't meet the goals within the allotted time or something yanno?! Would b a shame 2 "lose all the progress" you've made from House 001 =)

    God, I swear my brain is in serious break mode!! duhhh :p I wasn't sure if that's what you - and Ophylleni -- were referring to. Ok! And now that I understand that, let me get back to the first one!! My sim is preggy, but I couldn't handle having the extra person in my house. So I moved him *back out*. Oh, don't worry! I got my sim preggy with the woohoo. She *just* had her baby - a little boy - and is taking a couple of days off for Family Leave.

    Oh!!! I have a finished house! But when I went to check on its value, it's way under the $30,000. It's only just over $19,000. Am I supposed to maybe make it bigger and do some landscaping to make it to the thirty grand mark? (confused) :s

    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim // My Website // My Twitch Channel // YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Oh!!! I have a finished house! But when I went to check on its value, it's way under the $30,000. It's only just over $19,000. Am I supposed to maybe make it bigger and do some landscaping to make it to the thirty grand mark? (confused) :s

    Gratz on having a finished house already! Add in expensive decor or fancy gadgets...throw in some landscaping...make a basement (now that we have them)...whatever u wanna' do. When your heir reaches Young Adult stage...in order 2 complete this house mini-challenge u will need 2 have a house net worth of 30k simoleons or more-2 bedroom 1 bathroom home (rooms need floor covering, wall covering & a door)-as a minimum. So have fun w/decorating or expanding until u reach that goal =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,021 Member
    Vihisha wrote: »
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Oh!!! I have a finished house! But when I went to check on its value, it's way under the $30,000. It's only just over $19,000. Am I supposed to maybe make it bigger and do some landscaping to make it to the thirty grand mark? (confused) :s

    Gratz on having a finished house already! Add in expensive decor or fancy gadgets...throw in some landscaping...make a basement (now that we have them)...whatever u wanna' do. When your heir reaches Young Adult stage...in order 2 complete this house mini-challenge u will need 2 have a house net worth of 30k simoleons or more-2 bedroom 1 bathroom home (rooms need floor covering, wall covering & a door)-as a minimum. So have fun w/decorating or expanding until u reach that goal =)

    Hmmm ..... decisions. As far as wall and floor covering -- I did all that already. Same with doors. Even the outside walls are all painted! Sooo... it's just a matter of getting a little more money to figure out landscaping. And since my little boy might be aging up soon, my sim can go to work and not have to worry. Oooo (*singing) bring on the money.... give me the money! lol :p:D

    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim // My Website // My Twitch Channel // YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Good Luck @MsPrissy88 I hope u have fun =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    Thanks Vihisha for answering MsPrissy questions about saves. Also, since I have several challenges going at the same time, I move those saved files into separate subdirectories on my desktop. When I'm ready to play a certain challenge I move just the applicable files back into the game folder. That way I don't have too many save files showing up when I go into the game.

    And good luck to you MsPrissy - sounds like you're doing great. Even though I don't record or write blogs, I did upload the house and household to the gallery once I completed the challenge.

    Really looking forward to House 002 Vihisha. I just hope my YA Sim is ready for the challenge. I worry that I may not have picked the appropriate traits/aspiration for her to successfully complete the next challenge. Time will tell! :wink:
  • simtastic40simtastic40 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm wondering about the rules regarding the new active careers?
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited April 2015
    @simtastic40 By all means...participate!
    I have plans 2 implement the GTW content in later challenges after I have some time 2 play test ideas & such. But I c no harm in going 4 those new careers etc. =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Ophylleni wrote: »
    Thanks Vihisha for answering MsPrissy questions about saves. Also, since I have several challenges going at the same time, I move those saved files into separate subdirectories on my desktop. When I'm ready to play a certain challenge I move just the applicable files back into the game folder. That way I don't have too many save files showing up when I go into the game.

    Ok so THAT'S pretty smart right there!!


    Ophylleni wrote: »
    Really looking forward to House 002 Vihisha. I just hope my YA Sim is ready for the challenge. I worry that I may not have picked the appropriate traits/aspiration for her to successfully complete the next challenge. Time will tell! :wink:

    Tomorrow, my friend....all shall b revealed! =)

    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Oh, derp! It's tomorrow. I guess my mind is totally flaking out here. xD Tomorrow I get to start playing again, so perfect timing! ^^
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,021 Member
    edited April 2015
    House #1 is "upgraded" to fit the challenge!! :#

    Here's a little sneaky peek....

    04-01-15_7-25nbspPM_zpsqktexe8l.png


    Edit: Vih -- Even though I thought I had uploaded my house, I just checked the gallery and there's NO TRACE of it! I'll have to go back in my game tomorrow when I get home from work and check to see what might have gone wrong. At least I snapped a pic of it! I might have to change the name to show it's a part of the Drifter Challenge.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim // My Website // My Twitch Channel // YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Oooh I LOVE the house...so cute! Looks like u got some nice stuff like that telescope out back.
    Make sure u use the #DrifterChallenge tag & it SHOULD show up w/mine & everyone elses stuff =)
    Looks great..thanks 4 playing!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Should I upload my house too once it's done? I never uploaded something before and I'm not the best builder.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,021 Member
    edited April 2015
    Vih - I did use that hashtag! Actually, I had tagged it this way --->> #TheDrifterChallenge. And even though Ladyloial made a comment on my house (and fav'd it), I can't find it. That's why I said I'll have to really check to see what might have gone wrong.


    Edit: -- I just went to thesims dot com, checked again for my house using the house name this time, and saw that there's already a house with that name! c r a a a a a p !! :s Looks Like I'll have to re-save it and give it a different name. Maybe once I'm in my game - and in the gallery - I'll have a "better" chance of finding it so I can somehow delete it.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim // My Website // My Twitch Channel // YouTube
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    Where's house 2???!?!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Should I upload my house too once it's done? I never uploaded something before and I'm not the best builder.
    Most definitely! I would LOVE 2 c it =) if/when u do...please leave me a link or just let me know your Origin ID or some other way 2 find the house please. & hey....the only way 2 become a better builder is 2...well..build. As long as you're having fun...all that doesn't really matter =)

    @MsPrissy88 o no! I hope u can get everything sorted out ><

    naniminna wrote: »
    Where's house 2???!?!
    Patience my young Padawan =)
    No seriously...I should have everything posted within the hour

    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    Oh, gosh, I don't know if I can get the house to 30.000 simoleons, Jaylene already became an adult :( and the house isn't much bigger now. But I had Travis moved in and told him to quite his job(I hope I was allowed to do that) and Jaylene started painting, since it's too much of a hassle to create a cowplant berry, since I don't even know how to create the snapdragon and the dragonfruit, since I am playing in Dutch language and the names of the plants don't represent with each other in Dutch and English language.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited April 2015
    No matter WHAT I do...I cannot get a new post 2 b created...therefore....here's a link to my blog 4 the full set of rules & my 1st Let's Play of The Drifter Challenge House 002

    http://thedrifterchallenge.blogspot.com/

    I will continue 2 attempt 2 create a post here on the forums...hopefully have that up soon....Sooooo sorry 4 the delay!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited April 2015
    The Drifter Challenge House 002 Rules
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Tiger_Lover_78Tiger_Lover_78 Posts: 163 Member
    Yay new rules now to get my but in game and get my heir aged up as soon as I can. :)
    SD2011-ANGELINDISGUISE-F1-SHERA5-1.jpg
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Fennadev wrote: »
    Oh, gosh, I don't know if I can get the house to 30.000 simoleons, Jaylene already became an adult :( and the house isn't much bigger now. But I had Travis moved in and told him to quite his job(I hope I was allowed to do that) and Jaylene started painting, since it's too much of a hassle to create a cowplant berry, since I don't even know how to create the snapdragon and the dragonfruit, since I am playing in Dutch language and the names of the plants don't represent with each other in Dutch and English language.

    If Jaylene is already an adult...I advise that u get started on producing that heir...u don't want the time 2 fly by 2 fast.
    It's ok that u had Travis quit his job....u just cannot select your non-playable characters 2 become employed...I realize that with this new expansion Sims you may encounter could have a job already, so...
    Don't worry about getting that cowplant unless it's something that you'd just like 2 have on your lot etc. U will not b allowed to use the life potions since any age altering or prolonging is prohibited in this house challenge
    It realize that it can b quite a challenge trying 2 figure out how 2 balance all the goals set up, so don't worry if you don't complete the challenge the 1st time around...u can always give it another shot! =)
    Don't lose heart....win or lose...I hope you're still enjoying The Drifter Challenge!



    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,021 Member
    Yay!! House #2 challenge is up! As soon as I get home -- and start enjoying my " vacation" -- I am heading straight into my game! I still have a ways to go before my heir ages up to a teen. He's just too cute and funny as a child.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim // My Website // My Twitch Channel // YouTube
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Very cool @MsPrissy88 =) Now u have the next step in The Drifter Challenge 4 when u get there....no rush!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • naniminnananiminna Posts: 463 Member
    I also cannot wait to play tonight! <3
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yay new rules now to get my but in game and get my heir aged up as soon as I can. :)
    naniminna wrote: »
    I also cannot wait to play tonight! <3

    DO IT!! PLAY PLAY PLAY!!! lol =P

    rXyqmuX.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top